Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton is a BUST « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 13, 2006, 11:58:31 PM

Bruce sucked a big one

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 13, 2006, 11:59:27 PM

This whole offense appears to be a bust.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 13, 2006, 11:59:37 PM

Bruce sucked a big one

Apparently Steve Young doesn't agree with you.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 14, 2006, 12:01:17 AM

Yeah a QB sticking up for a QB, guess you don't ever seen Irvin all over TO, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith and Tom Jackson all over the Broncos or Jaws all over QB's

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#34 : November 14, 2006, 12:02:52 AM

I am not saying he did not play poorly as he did but HE is not the reason we lost tonight and HE is not the reason we have not won more games this year - if it was not for him we would have lost the Bengals game - remember that catch?  Why do we not run him across the middle more like his rookie year?  Why do we not try to get him in the game early?

We did try he dropped it and we still went back to him on the third play--
1st Quarter 14:55 Remaining
Buccaneers have the Ball
Ball on the Buccaneers 25 yard line.
1st and 10
Pass by #7 Bruce Gradkowski Incomplete. Intended for #80 Michael Clayton.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 14, 2006, 12:04:00 AM

Yeah a QB sticking up for a QB

Yeah, that must be it. Just because he's a QB Young was forced to say "he made some rookie mistakes but I think he played well".

Huey Freeman

Starter

#36 : November 14, 2006, 12:07:35 AM

I've been torched on this board for having been saying this for weeks now.  I'm not going to call him a bust, because I think he's good enough to contribute.  But I don't think he has proven himself to be a quality NFL starting WR.  He had a good rookie year, but hasn't really shown anything consistently sense.  I am in favor of starting Hilliard and getting Stovall some more snaps.  Clayton doesn't bring anything that Hilliard or Stovall can't.

Blade

Starter

#37 : November 14, 2006, 12:07:42 AM

Clayton is not the only reason we lost tonight, but he is a big part of the reason we are 2-7this season: Guys who are drafted to be playmakers just dissapearing. If you are a receiver, of course you need the QB to get you the ball, but any such argument is ruined by how many drops he has had this year. It is not time to blame Clayton for the woes of the entire team...but it is time to view him from the proper perspective. He is not the savior of the offense, nor is he going to be a "special" player. He is an average player who will need to work hard to be above average again. We all hope that happens, but we can no longer expect it and should upgrade the position if we have a chance. This is not a guy who will be a stalwart for the next 10 years at that position, and as a first round pick...he is a bust.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#38 : November 14, 2006, 12:11:56 AM

I've been torched on this board for having been saying this for weeks now. I'm not going to call him a bust, because I think he's good enough to contribute. But I don't think he has proven himself to be a quality NFL starting WR. He had a good rookie year, but hasn't really shown anything consistently sense. I am in favor of starting Hilliard and getting Stovall some more snaps. Clayton doesn't bring anything that Hilliard or Stovall can't.

Well said. Lest see what Stovall gives us-- And I think we all know Hilliard could be the #2 easily.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 14, 2006, 12:17:18 AM

Clayton is a disaster. To bring this down to racial terms is the height of stupdity. What round draft pick is Clayton? A first. He's been in the league 2.5 years now. He is a cornerstone of our franchise. He has been a complete bust the last 1.5. One big catch (Cincy) does not make him anywhere near acceptable. Gradkowski is a sixth rounder who has only played six games. The verdict is still out as to whether or not he should even start. Simms stunk and we're trying to determine whether or not he should even be part of the equation in 2007. So far, the verdict is no.
Clayton, go home. Clear your head. Put stick em on your hands. Go see an exorcist or something. To quote the guy from ''For the Love of the Game,'' Clayton ''you stink on ice!!!!''

In Verner We Trust

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 14, 2006, 12:20:10 AM

I told people back in January that Clayton is a joke and I got flamed for even suggesting it. I made posts that we are going to be one of the weakest teams at WR, and I got flammed.

Only the Raiders have an offense worse than ours.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 14, 2006, 12:25:06 AM

He's no Mark Clayton ... heck, he couldn't even outplay JOHN Clayton at this juncture!

In Verner We Trust

coopsxx

Starter
#42 : November 14, 2006, 12:28:29 AM

i read alot of people on here angry, but does anyone have any reasonable idea why he is such a bad version of his rookie self??

its not like people are double covering him now he is experienced? and it's not like he had Manning throwing him passes that year either?

is it merely a fact that he was the only receiver his rookie year? and he just had more passes thrown his way, leading to more catches in spite of any drops?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 14, 2006, 12:31:12 AM

No, I'm not buying that. He didn't drop THIS many easy ones his rookie year. He was outstanding. He played confident. Now he looks scared of footsteps.

In Verner We Trust

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 14, 2006, 12:32:41 AM

i read alot of people on here angry, but does anyone have any reasonable idea why he is such a bad version of his rookie self??

its not like people are double covering him now he is experienced? and it's not like he had Manning throwing him passes that year either?

is it merely a fact that he was the only receiver his rookie year? and he just had more passes thrown his way, leading to more catches in spite of any drops?
Many players go into a sophemore slump and never recover.

And it looks like Cadillac has fallen into that slump.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton is a BUST « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools