Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it time for a new Head Coach? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #15 : November 14, 2006, 12:06:08 AM »

sweet Mary and Joseph ... can some of the good posters make a new board that only the 'chosen' go to? I know about 80% of this board wouldn't be in that group.

Who the 20% who agree with you? This is already full of Gruden huggers, just start your own board call it the Gruden walks on water board... You can sit around and talk about what a genious he is, and how he can do no wrong, and he has no ego. bla bla bla. We need 2 TD's from our D to keep the games close.

« #16 : November 14, 2006, 12:25:21 AM »

Gruden turned the ball over 4 times.  Gruden misfired on the throw to a wide open #84.  Gruden fumbled the ball when Caddy carried the ball.  Did Gruden drop passes or did #40 and #80?  There were alot of big plays to be made by the Bucs.  But they have a rookie QB.  Rookies are prone to misfire throwing to open receivers.  You think Montana or Favre, or Marino, or even Peyton threw perfectly in their 6th games?  Get a clue folks.  Either deal with the growing pains or continue your ridiculous banter.  I'm sure I know which choice you are gonna make.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #17 : November 14, 2006, 12:30:45 AM »

Bah, prefer, just humor them,

IT's ALL GRUDENS FAULT!!!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #18 : November 14, 2006, 12:31:54 AM »

Dump Muir and Bisaccia ... and Gruden is walking a very fine line.

In Verner We Trust

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #19 : November 14, 2006, 12:32:06 AM »

When a company goes from the top to the bottom so fast then shows promise last year and looks like crap this year it does come down the boss so that is Gruden.  I have been a big Gruden supporter but there has to be changes this offseason as Muir has to go as this OL has not gotten any better and look how many picks we have wasted in the last few years.  Gruden needs to just stop making excuses and blame all this on injuries as Simms was not a major loss as the guy was awful.  Gruden does need to take major heat for not creating an identity of this team as it is HIS job to do this.

gousfbulls

Starter

« #20 : November 14, 2006, 12:35:09 AM »

I'm not 100% opposed to firing Gruden at this point, but not really gung-ho toward it either. The guy didn't just forget how to coach, and he had a pretty good season last year (remember that? Seems so far away...) - And honestly, what coach out there, who is readily available, is going to turn this team around in a matter of a season or two? I think the Glazers are going to give him next season, and if there is no success there, then he gets canned.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #21 : November 14, 2006, 12:37:07 AM »

Either get new players or a coach who can make these losers catch balls (offense and defense).

Agreed.

And  a QB that can hiot wide open targets.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #22 : November 14, 2006, 12:38:35 AM »

I think one of the biggest mistakes is that some people expected the Bucs to put up a winning season this year. Unrealistic expectations usually lead to disappointment.

« #23 : November 14, 2006, 12:39:22 AM »

LMAO @:
sweet Mary and Joseph ...

My grandma used to say that.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #24 : November 14, 2006, 12:41:49 AM »

I think one of the biggest mistakes is that some people expected the Bucs to put up a winning season this year. Unrealistic expectations usually lead to disappointment.
Winning wasn't unrealistic.  What we're seeing here right now is far beyond just not winning.
Some peeps point to a systems failure, others point to lapses.  It's both, more the latter than the former.  And any hopes of righting the ship were shot by injuries.  Pessimists will say there was never hope of that after game 1, optimists will blame more on the rookie factor than is realistic. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #25 : November 14, 2006, 12:43:44 AM »

Winning wasn't unrealistic.

Well, I believe thinking the Bucs would post a winning season this year was unrealistic. I felt my 8 wins prediction was pretty optimistic.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #26 : November 14, 2006, 12:48:53 AM »

hindsight is beautiful ain't it?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #27 : November 14, 2006, 12:55:30 AM »

Whoa, after an 11-5 season you expect regression...I mean this level of regression? No, no, no. Drafted young OL, young QB in his second season as a starter, young franchise RB, WR coming off career year, young WR coming back off an injury that was (allegedly) held him back, the #1 overall defense.

I expected no more than 8 victories, as I stated here in the forums. I didn't expect 3-4 wins overall, but I felt 8 wins was a pretty optimistic prediction. The schedule is much tougher, the #1 overall defensive ranking was an illusion that masked serious question marks, the QB was an inconsistent youngster who lacked in several key areas necessary to be successful in this offense, and the team was financially unable to do a lot in free agency to address the problems that needed to be addressed.

So yes, if falling to 8 wins down from 11 the year before is regression, then I expected regression.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #28 : November 14, 2006, 12:56:47 AM »

What does Noodle Arm mean again?

Yeah, I though so.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #29 : November 14, 2006, 12:56:58 AM »

hindsight is beautiful ain't it?

For some folks, I imagine it is. But like I said, I predicted about eight wins before the season started. Unfortunately, they're not going to be able to muster that.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it time for a new Head Coach? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools