Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it time for a new Head Coach? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : November 14, 2006, 01:01:02 AM

hindsight is beautiful ain't it?

For some folks, I imagine it is. But like I said, I predicted about eight wins before the season started. Unfortunately, they're not going to be able to muster that.
    Hell, 4 is totally pushing it!

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 14, 2006, 01:18:14 AM

hindsight is beautiful ain't it?

For some folks, I imagine it is. But like I said, I predicted about eight wins before the season started. Unfortunately, they're not going to be able to muster that.
So you thought that "about 8 wins" was realistic, but 9 wasn't?  Damn firm line between reality and fantasy...

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#32 : November 14, 2006, 01:25:03 AM

The players are letting Gruden down. The plays are there. Even with a absolutely pathetic running game, if passes are completed to wide open guys, and we protect the damn ball, the Bucs would have blown out the panthers IMO. IF you want to blame Gruden for anything, blame him for bringing in the players that keep ****ing up week after week. But I don't even know what players he could have brought in during this offseason that would be doing any better right now.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 14, 2006, 01:33:22 AM

The players are letting Gruden down. The plays are there. Even with a absolutely pathetic running game, if passes are completed to wide open guys, and we protect the damn ball, the Bucs would have blown out the panthers IMO. IF you want to blame Gruden for anything, blame him for bringing in the players that keep ****ing up week after week. But I don't even know what players he could have brought in during this offseason that would be doing any better right now.
With no money available, he is stuck with what he has.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 14, 2006, 09:05:07 AM

So you thought that "about 8 wins" was realistic, but 9 wasn't?  Damn firm line between reality and fantasy...

No kidding! Neither 8 nor 9 seem realistic any longer.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 14, 2006, 09:09:52 AM

I agree to a degree that the players are letting him down but it is what it is.  Gruden called a very good game as an OC. Problem is as the head coach he has to have the team prepared.  It seemed like the offense was not prepared for the most part except for that one drive.  It is understandable when a young offense struggles (see 49ers offense of last year).  With that said the difference between that 49er team and this Bucs team is the Bucs may be young on offense but they have a lot more experience except at the QB position where they both had rookies starting.

To be honest Gruden has to win five games this year or the Glazers may decide to fire him a lot sooner than anyone realizes.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#36 : November 14, 2006, 09:58:21 AM

I agree to a degree that the players are letting him down but it is what it is.  Gruden called a very good game as an OC. Problem is as the head coach he has to have the team prepared.  It seemed like the offense was not prepared for the most part except for that one drive.  It is understandable when a young offense struggles (see 49ers offense of last year).  With that said the difference between that 49er team and this Bucs team is the Bucs may be young on offense but they have a lot more experience except at the QB position where they both had rookies starting.

To be honest Gruden has to win five games this year or the Glazers may decide to fire him a lot sooner than anyone realizes.

I consider "young" to be guys with 3 years or loss time in the NFL

the Bucs young offensive starters:
rookie QB, 2nd year HB, 3rd year WR, 2nd year TE, rookie RT, rookie RG, 2nd year LG, 3rd year LT

that looks like a lot of inexperience to me

compare to the 49ers:

Justin Smiley 3rd year RG
Vernon Davis rookie TE
Alex Smith 2nd year QB
Frank Gore 2nd year HB

I then there's a couple 4th year guys who would have obviously been 3rd year guys last season
Kwame Harris 4th year LT
Arnaz Battle 4th year WR

Brandon Lloyd was a 3rd year guy on the '9ers in '05, but is gone now.

I don't see where the Bucs have so much more experience on offense than the 49ers. Actually if you look at SanFrans depth chart I'd say they have more experienced and seasoned vets, especially on the Oline, than Tampa does
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it time for a new Head Coach? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools