Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm proud of this team! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DBuc

Second String

#15 : November 23, 2006, 10:23:25 PM

You can play hard and still get beat pretty bad...Haven't any of you every played a down before?  We had Blue Adams, Jenkins and Jovan Haye out there...We are banged up...and outmanned...but the effort was there...NOT EVERY LOSS IS A BECAUSE OF LACK OF EFFORT OR POOR COACHING!!!  GET A CLUE!!! 

#16 : November 23, 2006, 11:36:48 PM

It would be easy for this team to give up and pack it in for the rest of the season, but they have continued to play hard.

When?

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 23, 2006, 11:40:27 PM

I'd rather see our terrible secondary play smart than just play hard.  Like Cox giving Owens a 7 yard cushion when the Cowboys were inside the 10.  Or Allen staying in and falling down after he just tweaked his ankle. 

These players are just making so many mental errors it is incomprehensible that they practice much.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 23, 2006, 11:43:30 PM

These players are just making so many mental errors it is incomprehensible that they practice much.

A lot of these players on defense starting now are young or inexperienced. That is why I am not coming down hard on them as some would like too.  Factor in the fact that there is no way Cox has the talent to match up with TO and I think people need to be more realistic with their expecations.

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#19 : November 24, 2006, 12:14:59 AM

You can play hard and still get beat pretty bad...Haven't any of you every played a down before?  We had Blue Adams, Jenkins and Jovan Haye out there...We are banged up...and outmanned...but the effort was there...NOT EVERY LOSS IS A BECAUSE OF LACK OF EFFORT OR POOR COACHING!!!  GET A CLUE!!!

Good Post...

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 24, 2006, 01:05:31 AM

This season is bad, but our future is bright if Gruden is given another year to show what he can do with cap money.  8) wearing my shades. 

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 24, 2006, 01:32:12 AM

The D is in a bad year.  Next year will be a transition year for the D, they'll be better, but prolly not top 10.  O will be better too.  We are right at the edge on offense.  Joey isn;t what he was last year, and Clay isn't what he was 2 years ago.  We'll get at least one impact player on each side thru FA, and more in the draft.  An easier schedule, and time for the new coaches on D to settle in will make this a winning team.  If we don't get all stupid and fire Gruden, we should be playoff bound, or pretty freakin close.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#22 : November 24, 2006, 01:37:00 AM

The D is in a bad year. Next year will be a transition year for the D, they'll be better, but prolly not top 10. O will be better too. We are right at the edge on offense. Joey isn;t what he was last year, and Clay isn't what he was 2 years ago. We'll get at least one impact player on each side thru FA, and more in the draft. An easier schedule, and time for the new coaches on D to settle in will make this a winning team. If we don't get all stupid and fire Gruden, we should be playoff bound, or pretty freakin close.
ROTFLMAO!!!!

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 24, 2006, 01:49:13 AM

The D is in a bad year. Next year will be a transition year for the D, they'll be better, but prolly not top 10. O will be better too. We are right at the edge on offense. Joey isn;t what he was last year, and Clay isn't what he was 2 years ago. We'll get at least one impact player on each side thru FA, and more in the draft. An easier schedule, and time for the new coaches on D to settle in will make this a winning team. If we don't get all stupid and fire Gruden, we should be playoff bound, or pretty freakin close.
ROTFLMAO!!!!

whats funny?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#24 : November 24, 2006, 02:04:07 AM

The edge of the offense??? Don't look now but the grand canyon is on the other side of the edge! This team is a TOTAL disaster.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 24, 2006, 02:07:34 AM

Ughhhhh all this talk is depressing. I remember the days when we made rookie QB's finish the game with sub 30 QB ratings. I remember when we would be up by a score and the defense came onto the field with two minutes remaining to hold onto the lead and get the win, and you had 100% confidence that our opponent had no chance. Can you guys believe that we actually went 62 or some odd games in a row with at least 1 sack and 1 turnover on D? We are lucky these days to get 1 qb pressure and 1 pass breakup. Oh well, it will get better, it's just too bad this once insanely stingy D had to end it's reign with a year like this.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 24, 2006, 02:08:08 AM

Karen. You whine , cry, and moan that everyone calls you out-- yet you set yourself up for it. Tell me once in the past week you have posted anything of substance. Nothing more than a skirt flapping basher-- why dont you pick a team you like -- it's obvious you dont like this one and there are 31 others to choose from.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 24, 2006, 02:12:50 AM

The edge of the offense??? Don't look now but the grand canyon is on the other side of the edge! This team is a TOTAL disaster.

We are a total disaster this year and hit the canyon ground. With 4 day 1 picks and 25mil + in cap room we will be climbing out of the canyon this offseason and for the next few years we will reap the benefits of a well mantained cap and youth on both sides of the ball.

yeah its hard to watch this year, but imagine a top 8 pick and an easier schedule next year.  Whats not to be positive about next year and the year after?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#28 : November 24, 2006, 02:16:44 AM

Saying this team is a mess is not correct?  It's not my job to figure out the many things that need to be done. The coach gets $4.5 million a yr to do that & he's doing a miserable job. If I didn't love the Bucs I wouldn't give a crap how far he runs it into the ground. But I do care & I'm REALLY pissed off. Losing is one thing, but we looked like a joke out there--for the whole country to see.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 24, 2006, 02:17:06 AM

I agree Pewter, I had very high expectations for this year (if you want to laugh find my prediction thread), but I didn't think the D would collapse in one year. The silver lining is actually the same as the negative, that the D DID collapse in one year. At least we can overhaul the D in one offseason (or at least a good portion of it) instead of players dropping off one by one and rebuilding slowly. This is a very critical offseason and one that will make or break the Gruden/Allen legacy here in Tampa IMO. We have the money and the picks, let's hope they use them wisely, and I think they will.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm proud of this team! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools