Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm proud of this team! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : November 24, 2006, 02:18:58 AM

Karen. You whine , cry, and moan that everyone calls you out-- yet you set yourself up for it. Tell me once in the past week you have posted anything of substance. Nothing more than a skirt flapping basher-- why dont you pick a team you like -- it's obvious you dont like this one and there are 31 others to choose from.
  BTW, not everyone calls me out. Mainly Gruden & Grads lovers.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 24, 2006, 02:21:06 AM

Saying this team is a mess is not correct?  It's not my job to figure out the many things that need to be done. The coach gets $4.5 million a yr to do that & he's doing a miserable job. If I didn't love the Bucs I wouldn't give a crap how far he runs it into the ground. But I do care & I'm REALLY pissed off. Losing is one thing, but we looked like a joke out there--for the whole country to see.

Karen look at who we are missing on D. We are down to starting guys we've never even heard of. Also, how could Gruden have predicted the entire D would slip in one year. We needed an offense so Gruden drafted accordingly. Our D kept finishing in the top 10 so it wasn't going to get blown up and rebuilt. As you know we finished number 1 in defense last year, you don't fix what's not broken. Add in the lack of picks (yes i know it's old but still legit), all the injuries, back to back seasons losing our starting QB, an aging defense, and the hardest schedule in the league, and what exactly would you like Gruden to do about all of that?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#32 : November 24, 2006, 02:28:31 AM

You like that offense he drafted for? And you gotta back up the defense some what. He wouldn't even let Monte sign D Jackson & D Smith.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 24, 2006, 02:55:03 AM

You like that offense he drafted for? And you gotta back up the defense some what. He wouldn't even let Monte sign D Jackson & D Smith.

Yes I do like the offense. It all starts with the o-line and you can't expect two second year starters (one who has been injured), two rookies, and one undersized center to turn into the 90's Cowboy line in one season.  Caddy gained almost 1200 yards last year and he missed/wasn't healthy for 5 games. Thats an AMAZING rookie year. Alex Smith is a very promising young TE who we stole in the 3rd round IMO. Clayton obviously is the big question mark. You don't have a rookie year like the one he had if you don't have talent. I don't know if his head is messed up or what, but let's assume he is going to be a bust. With the lack of money and picks Gruden has had to deal with I would say yes, we have the nucleus of a very solid offense if Gruden is given time to let it work. And for the record I say sign Simms to another 1 year contract in the offseason and let him compete with Grads as our starter.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm proud of this team! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools