Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Next few weeks will be a challenge « previous next »
Page: 1

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

: October 09, 2007, 10:03:31 PM

The Titans are the #3 run defense in the NFL right now allowing just 72.2 yards rushing per game. They also are #10 against the pass, #5 in yards allowed, and #5 in points allowed. Even with Caddy, Pittman and Luke I think we'd have a hard time running the ball. Without those three, it will be near impossible. The defense will have to rebound from last Sunday, play physical, get turnovers and we'll have to hope that Garcia will continue to do his thing by protecting the ball and putting up a few scores. I see a lot of passes in this game. Quite frankly this game scares me. These aren't the same craptastic Titans of the past few seasons.

And things aren't going to be any easier after that. Even though the Lions are a bit up and down right now, they have always played us tough, especially in detroit. And I believe they still have some good interior lineman, like Rogers. You can bet Marinelli will have them prepared and pumped to face us. After that we face JAX, who owns us on a regular basis in the pre-season and regular season. I'm cringing right now thinking of how Stroud and Henderson will toss around Wade and Joseph like little girls.

I'm really hoping that we can go at least 2-2 over the next 4 games before the bye, 3-1 or 4-0 of course would be nice, but 2-2 is more realistic.  With TEN and JAX looking like the most likely candidates for losses because they are just the type of big, physical teams that usually give the Bucs fits.

Man, this schedule looks a lot tougher now than it did in the offseason. We're lucky the South is in such disarray, and that there's still 4 games left against our other ailing division foes.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 09, 2007, 10:09:35 PM

someone is going to win the south at 6-10.

And its going to be embarssing.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Next few weeks will be a challenge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools