Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TO SIGN FB ZACK CROCKETT ON WEDNESDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
: October 10, 2007, 07:15:08 AM

So, did you just pick out a bunch of names whose teams are off to rough or disappointing starts and then just assume their players are available?

That pretty much sums it up.  Notice he said "guys that could possibly be had with the right negotiations"…  It all goes back to the old adage that anyone can be had for the right price.  Unfortunately, the right price for most of those players would be very wrong for the Bucs.

This is not baseball where bad teams try to dump high priced talent before the trade deadline, and even in baseball the trade deadline is much more hype than substance.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 10, 2007, 06:48:10 AM

Nobody expected us to bring in a Pro Bowl Running Back before the trade deadline but most of us expected a qualified RB that can help us win. You want a list of those guys that could possibly be had with the right negotiations here you go...

Thomas Jones= You can't be serious? They just got him last offseason and now because they've gotten off to a rough start he is on the market. You're kidding right?
Derrick Ward or Reuben Droughns= Droughns is interesting, and time's not up to get him
Dominic Rhodes or Fargas= Jordan's health is up in the air right now.
Michael Turner= Yeah, for a first rounder. No thanks!
Anthony Thomas= Is he available? Other teams need backups too.
One of Detroits running back= Has it really come to this, we're looking to Det for talent?
Mewelde Moore= When Minnesota backs off their demand for a third I'm interested.
Mike Anderson= Same as with Thomas
Michael Bennett= and again
Andre Hall(GO USF!!!)= Who could never get the playbook down.

So, did you just pick out a bunch of names whose teams are off to rough or disappointing starts and then just assume their players are available?

orlandobuc

Starter

#2 : October 10, 2007, 06:36:35 AM

This isnt a signing  to get an all world running back, its a signing to get 3 RB's on the roster. If you dont do something and Graham goes down your putting in Anthony Davis in the backfield.

You have to sign SOMEONE. Noone is suggesting theyy found the answer or now have our feature back. This ia a patch for this week .

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 09, 2007, 11:07:51 PM

Ugh, I knew it. Another Raider retread that won't do crap here. I hope they are going to do a sign and trade deal or something but I doubt it. We have crappy receivers to, why don't we go get Jerry Rice. This is pathetic.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 09, 2007, 11:04:54 PM

i liked the offense gruden ran in oakland when he had wheatley, crockett, garner and kaufman...it just seemed to work...maybe the direction we are heading now?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 09, 2007, 11:03:09 PM

I expect Askew to get some reps at RB with Zack as the lead blocker.  I bet he's been doing some campaigning - Here is a quote from him back in March before he became a Buc:

Mar. 1 - 3:29 pm et      
Free agent fullback B.J. Askew told the Associated Press that he wants to be a tailback from now on.
"I've waited four years and I haven't complained," Askew, who actually averaged 5.9 yards-per-carry on 13 totes in 2005, said. We'd still bet against him being any more than short-yardage help for his next team.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 09, 2007, 10:57:43 PM

PewterReport.com is reporting that the Buccaneers will sign RB Zack Crockett on Wednesday to fill the roster vacancy that was created when the team placed QB Chris Simms on injured reserve. Crockett has experience playing in Jon Gruden's system, having played under Gruden in Oakland from 1999-2001. Crockett visited the Buccaneers last week when he worked out for the team's coaches and scouts.

PewterReport.com will have more on this signing later on the front page.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 09, 2007, 10:58:16 PM

Makes sense.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 09, 2007, 10:59:49 PM

yes it does...he can play both rb and fullback...and he's great in GL situations/short yardage

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 09, 2007, 11:02:17 PM

Should allow Askew to get some totes.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 09, 2007, 11:08:52 PM

Ugh, I knew it. Another Raider retread that won't do crap here. I hope they are going to do a sign and trade deal or something but I doubt it. We have crappy receivers to, why don't we go get Jerry Rice. This is pathetic.

Sign and trade? Why would a team trade for a guy they could just sign off the street.

Jeez.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 09, 2007, 11:09:32 PM

Exactly, because he stinks!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 09, 2007, 11:10:04 PM

Exactly, because he stinks!

As do most of your posts, but we live with them.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 09, 2007, 11:11:21 PM

It works in Madden. ::)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 09, 2007, 11:12:38 PM

Now add Moore and we'll be OK for a bit.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TO SIGN FB ZACK CROCKETT ON WEDNESDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools