Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TO SIGN FB ZACK CROCKETT ON WEDNESDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

jaybuc1

Rookie
#15 : October 09, 2007, 11:14:19 PM

This is not a particulary good signing. Matter of fact, it's horrible. It is some sort of desperation move, I guess cause as it stands we only have one true fullback. But damn this guy has never had a good season. He is in like his 14th year, and has never been really productive.  If we had to sign a street free agent, I would have rather had someone that could carry the rock.

#16 : October 09, 2007, 11:15:19 PM

Wow ... shockingly unimpressive.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 09, 2007, 11:15:39 PM

A desperate move for a desperate team. I'm not expecting a starter to burst onto the scene for the Buccaneers.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 09, 2007, 11:15:54 PM

This is not a particulary good signing. Matter of fact, it's horrible. It is some sort of desperation move, I guess cause as it stands we only have one true fullback. But damn this guy has never had a good season. He is in like his 14th year, and has never been really productive.  If we had to sign a street free agent, I would have rather had someone that could carry the rock.

Askew can carry the rock better than most of the FAs that are available.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 09, 2007, 11:16:12 PM

Exactly, because he stinks!
He knows the system. It doesn't mean we're done looking, but he will help this week, which could not be said for almost anyone else we bring in.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 09, 2007, 11:16:39 PM

As do most of your posts, but we live with them.

Do we have to get into personal attacks again? I didn't attack your opinion. You are entitled to wearing your pewter colored glasses and drinking your kool-aid just as much as I'm entitled to my opinion that this is a garbage signing.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 09, 2007, 11:17:26 PM

This is not a particulary good signing. Matter of fact, it's horrible. It is some sort of desperation move, I guess cause as it stands we only have one true fullback. But damn this guy has never had a good season. He is in like his 14th year, and has never been really productive.  If we had to sign a street free agent, I would have rather had someone that could carry the rock.
A desperate move would be to trade a 1st round pick for Michael Turner.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 09, 2007, 11:18:35 PM

Not an exciting signing, but clearly a no-risk addition. If he can still block, he'll be useful, particularly if BJ Askew is going to start getting those reps at tailback he's been hoping for. He carried the pill in college, but unfortunately he didn't carry it a lot.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 09, 2007, 11:19:51 PM

Besides all that we IR'd our only good backup QB to pick this guy up. Today is the official top of the "can't get it done" that has been consistent with our drafts and free agent signings.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 09, 2007, 11:20:11 PM

What do you folks expect at this point? You think a top RB/FB is going to drop into our hands
like magic? We lost Alstott, Caddy and Pittman. So, desperate times call for desperate
measures. For now...

Plus, who says we're done dealing?

What would all of you have done instead of Crockett? Give a 3rd rounder for Moore?
That may still happen.

You want Turner from San Diego? Is San Diego willing to deal him? Yes? No?
You don't know?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 09, 2007, 11:20:35 PM

Do we have to get into personal attacks again?

I'm not making personal attacks. I'm commenting on the generally low, unimpressive quality of your posts. I'm saying your posts are crap, not you. There's a difference. You may want to look into it to get a full understanding.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 09, 2007, 11:22:08 PM

A desperate move for a desperate team.

Huh? I don't see any desperation here. Picking up a veteran FA for peanuts to hopefully help out your backfield isn't desperate by any means.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 09, 2007, 11:22:18 PM

He knows the system. It doesn't mean we're done looking, but he will help this week, which could not be said for almost anyone else we bring in.

Looking for who? We know who's available. We're either going to make a move or not make a move. Right now it appears that not making a move is what is going to happen. I really hope you are right and we are going to sign a quality back.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 09, 2007, 11:23:39 PM

Looking for who? We know who's available. We're either going to make a move or not make a move. Right now it appears that not making a move is what is going to happen. I really hope you are right and we are going to sign a quality back.

Exactly which quality backs are available to be signed? Do you have a list of Pro Bowler's waiting for a contract?

MVP

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 09, 2007, 11:23:52 PM

I don't think this kills a trade for another back but it takes away the desperate need factor that raises the asking price of other teams. If Bruce dosen't like the trade at least the team is prepared to move forward with what they have and if that means safeguarding the ability for the team to grow in the future then I'm all for it. I've had enough of trading for quick fixes. That in part lead to us losing guys like Lynch because of cap problems.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TO SIGN FB ZACK CROCKETT ON WEDNESDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools