Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TO SIGN FB ZACK CROCKETT ON WEDNESDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#180 : October 10, 2007, 02:38:48 PM

I'm with Uncle Stan on this one - where's any real evidence that the Chargers are actually willing to deal Turner? Did the Bucs make a call? I hope so for due diligence sake, but I have no reason to believe the Chargers are interested.

Half this board has gone delusional that we are somehow magically going to find a back better than we have and the price will be easily paid. I don't know if it's because of our luck with the Booger trade last year, but get real. This is week 5. In season trades don't come around a lot, and when they do they involve teams that are out of it giving a player to teams that are in it. The Chargers are in it, and coming off 14-2 are expected to win it (I mean in-house). They aren't "building for next year."

Snook

Hall of Famer

#181 : October 10, 2007, 02:40:41 PM

I'm with Uncle Stan on this one - where's any real evidence that the Chargers are actually willing to deal Turner? Did the Bucs make a call? I hope so for due diligence sake, but I have no reason to believe the Chargers are interested.

Half this board has gone delusional that we are somehow magically going to find a back better than we have and the price will be easily paid. I don't know if it's because of our luck with the Booger trade last year, but get real. This is week 5. In season trades don't come around a lot, and when they do they involve teams that are out of it giving a player to teams that are in it. The Chargers are in it, and coming off 14-2 are expected to win it (I mean in-house). They aren't "building for next year."

Exactly.  If there was quality RB talent available out there for cheap, it wouldn't be there by week 5. 

I hope to see Askew get more carries.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#182 : October 10, 2007, 02:42:48 PM

They were both born in December. Mike in 1973, Zack in 1972.

Crockett hasn't had neck problems...

Tardz

Practice Squad

#183 : October 10, 2007, 02:50:12 PM

Crockett hasn't had neck problems...

Yeah, he had neck problems but way back in 2001 and 2002.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#184 : October 10, 2007, 03:09:45 PM

I'm sorry, but this team has way too many holes to deal a 1st round pick away for a runningback, which is arguably the easiest position on a team to fill. Especially when you consider we've already invested a 5th overall pick in Cadillac Williams. I know Cadillac's career is in doubt for many, but I am optimistic he can bounce back and still be asolid contributor on this football team.

#185 : October 10, 2007, 03:25:16 PM

Thanks for getting my back !
Like I said, Mikey is younger than Crockett
And at this point likely not as good.

abucsfan

Starter

#186 : October 10, 2007, 04:13:00 PM

This place is beginning to sound just like that other Board.  I thought we came here for legitimate, professional info from the PR staff and knowledgeable comments from what used to be knowledgeable fans who kept them honest.  Now we have all this gloom and doom that I got for free over there.  Cripes either support your team which means the front office decisions or be gone.  After the season is over we can jump on their crap if they blow it. 
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TO SIGN FB ZACK CROCKETT ON WEDNESDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools