Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TO SIGN FB ZACK CROCKETT ON WEDNESDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 09, 2007, 11:24:06 PM

What do you folks expect at this point? You think a top RB/FB is going to drop into our hands
like magic? We lost Alstott, Caddy and Pittman. So, desperate times call for desperate
measures. For now...

Plus, who says we're done dealing?

What would all of you have done instead of Crockett? Give a 3rd rounder for Moore?
That may still happen.

You want Turner from San Diego? Is San Diego willing to deal him? Yes? No?
You don't know?
How is this a desperate move? I don't get all this desperate move talk. A desperate move would have been to scramble and trade a 3rd for Moore or a 1st for Turner.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 09, 2007, 11:25:12 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

hissssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 09, 2007, 11:26:03 PM

Exactly, because he stinks!
He knows the system. It doesn't mean we're done looking, but he will help this week, which could not be said for almost anyone else we bring in.

Looking for who? We know who's available. We're either going to make a move or not make a move. Right now it appears that not making a move is what is going to happen. I really hope you are right and we are going to sign a quality back.
Looking to pursue trades, maybe Minn will drop their asking price by Tuesday. Maybe the Giants are willing to give up Droughns for a 2nd day pick. Alot can happen between today and the trade deadline.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 09, 2007, 11:26:27 PM

I don't think this kills a trade for another back but it takes away the desperate need factor that raises the asking price of other teams.

Very good point. It helps the team and at the same time, calls Minny's bluff on their 1st day pick request.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 09, 2007, 11:26:54 PM

On one hand, it's hard not to look at this and this, "err, well, how exciting".  On the other hand, it strikes me as kind of funny that the same people who are likely to raise the biggest stink about this are also the sort of people who are likely to lament that Gruden is just trying to save his job.  From the standpoint of the longterm health of the team, this would probably make more sense than trying to make a trade.  Not that there isn't still time for that, mind you.

jaybuc1

Rookie
#35 : October 09, 2007, 11:27:56 PM

So all of a sudden Askew is going to carry the rock. he was not good enough in college and he certainly is not in the pros. My point is that Graham is unproven, Darby is unproven, Askew is unproven, and Crockett has proven he is no more than a goalline back. We have to get to the goalline for him to be useful, which may prove to be a difficult task, with the running back situation. I am not advocating for the trading of a #1 pick for Turner, but I was not against trying to deal for Moore, Bell, or Droughns. All have significant carries in the NFL, not aspirations.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 09, 2007, 11:28:09 PM

Very good point. It helps the team and at the same time, calls Minny's bluff on their 1st day pick request.

I'll reserve judgment on how much help he'll be at this point. Only time will tell if he's a contributor or not.

Moosedrool

Starter

#37 : October 09, 2007, 11:29:00 PM

I'd give it a C+, and I like that fact that we are not trading  picks away. If we can keep the dogs at bay until Ptt returns, I think we'll be okay.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 09, 2007, 11:30:23 PM

On the other hand, it strikes me as kind of funny that the same people who are likely to raise the biggest stink about this are also the sort of people who are likely to lament that Gruden is just trying to save his job.

Exactly. "Trying to save his job" would mean trading a 1st and 3rd to San Diego for Turner, or a 2nd to Minnesota for Moore. Not only would that qualify as "trying to save his job" it would also fall under the category of "desperation".

Buc_Sid

Starter

#39 : October 09, 2007, 11:30:42 PM

What do you folks expect at this point? You think a top RB/FB is going to drop into our hands
like magic? We lost Alstott, Caddy and Pittman. So, desperate times call for desperate
measures. For now...

Plus, who says we're done dealing?

What would all of you have done instead of Crockett? Give a 3rd rounder for Moore?
That may still happen.

You want Turner from San Diego? Is San Diego willing to deal him? Yes? No?
You don't know?
How is this a desperate move? I don't get all this desperate move talk. A desperate move would have been to scramble and trade a 3rd for Moore or a 1st for Turner.

This...

Let's face facts.  The Colts game proved this team is not one player away from really competing.  So why mortgage the future and give up picks to lose inevitably in the playoffs.  It's not a desperate move, it's the opposite of desperate and smart all wrapped in one.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 09, 2007, 11:31:27 PM

I'd give it a C+, and I like that fact that weren't not trading  picks away. If we can keep the dogs at bay until Ptt returns, I think we'll be okay.

ummmm, that is 6 to 8 weeks, possibly the entire season.

Pittman is not an option this season, time to move on.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#41 : October 09, 2007, 11:32:57 PM

Another former Raider that will probably be out for the season 3 plays into it. Well hopefully we didn't invest anything more than a vet minimum.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 09, 2007, 11:33:07 PM

I'll reserve judgment on how much help he'll be at this point. Only time will tell if he's a contributor or not.

He's a healthy body and rarely fumbles. At this point, I'll take it!

jaybuc1

Rookie
#43 : October 09, 2007, 11:33:45 PM

It does not help the running back situation. Iss that so hard to understand. Does Crockett help our actual problem. The problem is we have no one on the roster that has proved he can run the ball.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 09, 2007, 11:34:05 PM

So all of a sudden Askew is going to carry the rock. he was not good enough in college and he certainly is not in the pros. My point is that Graham is unproven, Darby is unproven, Askew is unproven, and Crockett has proven he is no more than a goalline back. We have to get to the goalline for him to be useful, which may prove to be a difficult task, with the running back situation. I am not advocating for the trading of a #1 pick for Turner, but I was not against trying to deal for Moore, Bell, or Droughns. All have significant carries in the NFL, not aspirations.
Takes two to tango. I'm sure the Bucs would have loved to get one of those guys. I'm also sure Bruce Allen is not the kind to panic and overpay for someone.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TO SIGN FB ZACK CROCKETT ON WEDNESDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools