Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Adams after 5 Games « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 10, 2007, 02:49:34 PM

I can tell that he doesn't like contact, and is pushed around like ragdoll

Your sentence is likely true. He doesn't like contact b/c he is going to be pushed around like a ragdoll. I think it's obvious to everybody he's got to gain strength.

#31 : October 10, 2007, 02:52:09 PM

but if in a couple of years he becomes a beast, I won't be complaining about last week.

See there is an obvious difference between your good-self and BornaBuc..........because he will be whining and raking up garbage long after Gaines attends his 5th probowl.

MJS, you an I often think along the same lines but Gaines will not be a probowler.... ever!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 10, 2007, 02:54:43 PM

MJS, you an I often think along the same lines but Gaines will not be a probowler.... ever!!!

LOL......it was tongue-in-cheek.    ;)

#33 : October 10, 2007, 02:58:07 PM

I don't think Sim is the mentor type.

The very opposite. KC is the man.

Ellis Wyms says different.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 10, 2007, 03:01:14 PM

I don't think Denver would be willing to give him up. Once he gets healthy he'll be a monster there. It sucks to look back now and think about how many ways Simeon could be helping Adams right now. Adams didn't even get to spend one day at training camp with him.

Not quite.  $3 million for NOTHING.

Its pretty sad you'd want Simeon Rice here INJURED making $7.5 million.  He's an egomaniac who couldn't accept that he's no longer the player he used to be.  He took LESS money in Denver just so he wouldn't have to swallow his pride and be in Tampa.  

What a waste... $3 million and he's got 3 tackles in 5 games.  Just think what a bargain he'd be at $7.5 million!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 10, 2007, 03:04:27 PM

granted it's only been 5, but he has to step up...he's starting to remind me of good ol courtney brown...as of right now though, swing and a miss...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 10, 2007, 03:10:10 PM

Will he break out in his 2nd year like Williams did for Texas? We'll see.
I've posted this before but Mario Williams got 4.5 sacks in a 5 game stretch in the first half of last season but then got turf toe and wasn't the same so it hasn't been a learning curve for him as much as injury.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 10, 2007, 03:16:39 PM

I don't think Denver would be willing to give him up. Once he gets healthy he'll be a monster there. It sucks to look back now and think about how many ways Simeon could be helping Adams right now. Adams didn't even get to spend one day at training camp with him.
Didn't he say after he got cut he just needed a few weeks? How long does the guy need?

Snook

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 10, 2007, 03:18:18 PM

Didn't he say after he got cut he just needed a few weeks? How long does the guy need?

Remember, he said he only needed "3 to 4 weeks" to get healthy.  That was in July.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 10, 2007, 03:20:46 PM

Backup to Chuk 7 solo tackles 3 assists 0 sacks 0 forced fumbles

We really need to start getting some production from the 4th pick in the draft. Here's what other players picked top 10 have done so far...

JaMarcus Russell-Hasn't played which is pretty standard for rookie QBs even with the holdout
Calvin Johnson-11 rec. 192 yards 17.5 avg 2 TDs(Injured last 2 games)
Joe Thomas-Starting LT for Browns 8th ranked offense.
Levi Brown-Starting LT for Cardinals 10th ranked offense.
La Ron Landry-Starting S for Washington 14 solo tackles 10 assists 0.5 sacks
Adrian Peterson-76 for 383 5.0 ypa 1 TD 9 for 166 rec. 18.4 avg 1 TD
Jamaal Anderson-Starting DE Falcons 9 solo 3 assists 1 FF
Ted Ginn, JR-Backup Receiver Dolphins 2 rec 51 yds. Starting Punt and Kickoff Returner 20 for 505 9 for 63.
Amobe Akoye-Starting DT Texans 13 solo 1 assist 4 sacks 1 FF

Obviously the only player to do less out of the top 10 is JaMarcus Russell who wasn't really expected to play in the first half of the season. Both DEs haven't shown up to what they were expected to do. Gaines needs to get going NOW.
Among the people we were rumored to have considered taking, the only one whose stats jump out at you is Okoye, who also plays a position that is a great area of need here. Johnson's numbers are nice, and would possibly be even greater here, but would it have been worth it to lose what we would have lost to move up and get him? Gaines hasn't wowed me, and I was, and still do, think we should have taken Okoye, but I think Gaines will come around in time. He's getting closer to a a sack each week.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 10, 2007, 03:22:41 PM

the only one whose stats jump out at you is Okoye, who also plays a position that is a great area of need here.

I was on the Okoye bandwagon.   >:(

dpc1192

Starter

#41 : October 10, 2007, 03:23:00 PM

In the NFL defensive players have to like contact, and get mean on the field.

Gaines Adams is too finesse for the NFL

#42 : October 10, 2007, 03:32:06 PM

Gaines Adams is too finesse for the NFL

Soft as :

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#43 : October 10, 2007, 03:51:38 PM

Wasn't there also a knock on Gaines that his arms were too short and that he'd be completely ineffective once good linemen got their hands on him?

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#44 : October 10, 2007, 04:55:42 PM

Did anyone here notice that Simeon Rice has been deactivated by the Bronco's?  He has 3 tackles and 0 sacks for the season.

I thought Gaines showed some good signs last week against the Colt's as he hit Manning pretty good a few times almost getting to him, but Manning is impossible to sack.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Adams after 5 Games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools