Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zack Crockett Official Welcome Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dpc1192

Starter

#15 : October 10, 2007, 02:37:34 PM

Will Crockett be playing FB or RB?

just say no to Derek Carr

Snook

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 10, 2007, 02:38:44 PM

Ok you convinced me, there isnt ANYONE available who's career best year rushing total was 313 yards !

You got me!

Who are the RBs that are available that have rushed for 1000 yards?

dpc1192

Starter

#17 : October 10, 2007, 02:39:38 PM

I like Crockett so far, and think he was a good FA.

He was basically free. Lets see what he can do this weekend

just say no to Derek Carr

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#18 : October 10, 2007, 03:04:42 PM

I'd honestly rather have Chris Simms on the active roster because the remote possibility exists that he may become an offensive contributor as opposed to Crockett, who is truly a waste of a roster spot.

People want Askew more involved in the offense? Please.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 10, 2007, 03:06:35 PM

I'd honestly rather have Chris Simms on the active roster because the remote possibility exists that he may become an offensive contributor as opposed to Crockett, who is truly a waste of a roster spot.

Who would YOU suggest?

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 10, 2007, 03:09:03 PM

Either Crockett or Askew gives us a bit more power in the running game.  I'm pretty sure that 4-down denial of Graham in Carolina weighed into this decision.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 10, 2007, 03:10:02 PM

Who would YOU suggest?

Nobody, at this point, is going to help the team for free -- if they want help, they'll have to overpay for it.

There simply isn't midseason help available in the NFL. Injuries screw teams every year for that very reason.

Signing Crockett is the ultimate "whatever" move.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 10, 2007, 03:10:16 PM

i think it's a good pick...we now have a legit fullback, something we've needed since alstott said im out...he's not a sexy signing...but he is the better fit for the offense, he knows his way around gru's playbook. he will be effective in short yardage/goal line situations a place where graham proved he couldn't hammer. we now have 2 excellent lead blockers on this team, people forget askew paved the way for curtis martin his whole career. the little bit that askew has gotten the ball, it's been effective. i think he will see more of a tailback role while crockett plays road grader.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 10, 2007, 03:11:25 PM

Either Crockett or Askew gives us a bit more power in the running game. I'm pretty sure that 4-down denial of Graham in Carolina weighed into this decision.

Without a legitimate mail carrier in the backfield, 3rd and 1 is the least of this team's worries.

UnderwearGnome

Second String

#24 : October 10, 2007, 03:13:34 PM

Ok you convinced me, there isnt ANYONE available who's career best year rushing total was 313 yards !

You got me!

Who are the RBs that are available that have rushed for 1000 yards?

Corey Dillon
Career avg 4.4 yds per carry
career avg 7.8 yds per catch
career average 1000 yard per season rusher
only 32 years old
can only be better than Crockett

I dont care what anyone says about having to be familiar with Grudens offense, but for anyone who has played, RB only has so many holes to hit; formations, snap count, safetys position, none of that matters, take the ball, and go to the hole being blocked, then use your vision and talent to adjust

Snook

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 10, 2007, 03:13:57 PM

Who would YOU suggest?

Nobody, at this point, is going to help the team for free -- if they want help, they'll have to overpay for it.

There simply isn't midseason help available in the NFL. Injuries screw teams every year for that very reason.

Signing Crockett is the ultimate "whatever" move.

You didn't really answer the question.  What do YOU suggest?

Just sit there and do nothing?

At least Crockett can help block.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#26 : October 10, 2007, 03:15:27 PM

You didn't really answer the question.  What do YOU suggest?

They have a blocking fullback already. That was not a team need.

If this move is to get Askew more carries, this team is way more desperate than I thought.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 10, 2007, 03:15:39 PM

Corey Dillon
only 32 years old

I dont care what anyone says about having to be familiar with Grudens offense, but for anyone who has played, RB only has so many holes to hit; formations, snap count, safetys position, none of that matters, take the ball, and go to the hole being blocked, then use your vision and talent to adjust

Great solution.  

But there's a BIG problem with that:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3045533

Snook

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 10, 2007, 03:16:06 PM

You didn't really answer the question. What do YOU suggest?

They have a blocking fullback already. That was not a team need.

If this move is to get Askew more carries, this team is way more desperate than I thought.

The Bucs are as desperate as it gets right now.  You didn't know that?

You've pointed out all the flaws with the Crockett signing.  That means you have a better solution, right?

So what do YOU suggest?

UnderwearGnome

Second String

#29 : October 10, 2007, 03:22:08 PM

Corey Dillon
only 32 years old

Great solution. 

But there's a BIG problem with that:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3045533

Darn it;  I guess even HE knows we are going nowhere
Maybe Gruden or Allen should send him a text message.

"Corey will U play 4 me,  BFF
ur bud gru LOL "

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zack Crockett Official Welcome Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools