Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zack Crockett Official Welcome Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 10, 2007, 03:22:37 PM

i think it's a good pick...we now have a legit fullback, something we've needed since alstott said im out.

Except he's not a legit fullback. He's what Askew really is as well, a tweener FB/HB and he wasn't the lead blocker all that often in OAK. Ritchie had that role. Crockett was primarily the short yardage guy.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#31 : October 10, 2007, 03:24:41 PM

You've pointed out all the flaws with the Crockett signing. That means you have a better solution, right?

So what do YOU suggest?

Saying that I have a better "solution" implies that signing Crockett itself is a solution that can be improved upon.

Signing Crockett isn't a solution -- its roster shuffling with the end result being a net zero gain in overall talent and ability. If you want me to offer up other ways the roster can be shuffled to result in a zero talent gain, I suppose I can name some guys playing CFL and Arena ball that could be added to the roster.

But really, what would the point of that be? My bottom line is that singing Crockett makes no difference to this team, will result in zero additional points being scored that the current roster wouldn't have scored, zero additional yards from scrimmage being gained that the current roster wouldn't have gained, etc.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 10, 2007, 03:34:10 PM

Saying that I have a better "solution" implies that signing Crockett itself is a solution that can be improved upon.

Signing Crockett isn't a solution -- its roster shuffling with the end result being a net zero gain in overall talent and ability. If you want me to offer up other ways the roster can be shuffled to result in a zero talent gain, I suppose I can name some guys playing CFL and Arena ball that could be added to the roster.

But really, what would the point of that be? My bottom line is that singing Crockett makes no difference to this team, will result in zero additional points being scored that the current roster wouldn't have scored, zero additional yards from scrimmage being gained that the current roster wouldn't have gained, etc.

So who would YOU have signed instead of Crockett to net a talent gain?

#33 : October 10, 2007, 03:36:59 PM

ONTERRIO SMITH!

Snook

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 10, 2007, 03:38:33 PM

MAURICE CLARETT!!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zack Crockett Official Welcome Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools