Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden news conf. on now. ESPN « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#15 : November 14, 2006, 12:23:28 AM

Where was Stovall?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 14, 2006, 12:24:53 AM

What the hell happened to our OL as last year we could at least run the ball with Cadillac and hell we all know run blocking is easier than pass blocking.  We invested a 1st and 2nd round pick on the OL and this is what we have to show for it - no matter how many balls Clayton drops the fact we cannot run and DO NOT even try to run the ball is the main reason wy we are 2-7.  There is NO reason Cadillac should not be getting close to 100 yards per game as yes the defense is getting older but if we can't block we cannot win.  It all comes down to running the ball and stopping the run and we have sucked at both this year.

WILLBLEE

Starter

#17 : November 14, 2006, 12:26:47 AM

ha ha ha ha....oh man that hurts.

Bottom line is that we are the worst team in the league. The Raiders are probably better than us.

No, no they aren't. We're safely the third worst team in the league becuase AZ still sucks worse than we do.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 14, 2006, 12:28:40 AM

Hell I would settle for mediocre as at least then we would have something to look forward to as this is just the same ol sh t every game.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 14, 2006, 12:29:05 AM

Bottom line is that we are the worst team in the league. The Raiders are probably better than us.

No, no they aren't. We're safely the third worst team in the league becuase AZ still sucks worse than we do.
You won't be saying that next year.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#20 : November 14, 2006, 12:32:31 AM

We are the worst team in the league. I have seen the Cardinals, I have seen the Raiders. We are worse than them at this point in time. The way that we lose games is far worse than the way they lose games. At least the Raiders have some life...sometimes they are able to run the ball. We're shut down, period. Our offense is worse than theirs. Our offense is worse than the Cardinals too. They have good WRs. We have Galloway and then a huge bust on the other side.

We need a complete team overhaul next offseason. As sad as this is to say, Gruden needs to get to work on next season right now by nixing anybody he doesn't think is going to be around. If he needs to cut Clayton so be it. Put another WR in there and see if he can play. Whatever it takes.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 14, 2006, 12:35:07 AM

WOW cut Clayton - guess you better cut 3/4 of the team then as Phillips, Allen, Brooks, Barber, Boldin, Rice, Hovan, Cadillac, Galloway, Alstott, GRADKOWSKI, Simms, the whole OL and some others have made just as many bad plays as Clayton.  Yeah thats the answer blame ONE guy for a bad TEAM

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 14, 2006, 12:35:58 AM

We are the worst team in the league. I have seen the Cardinals, I have seen the Raiders. We are worse than them at this point in time. The way that we lose games is far worse than the way they lose games. At least the Raiders have some life...sometimes they are able to run the ball. We're shut down, period. Our offense is worse than theirs. Our offense is worse than the Cardinals too. They have good WRs. We have Galloway and then a huge bust on the other side.

We need a complete team overhaul next offseason. As sad as this is to say, Gruden needs to get to work on next season right now by nixing anybody he doesn't think is going to be around. If he needs to cut Clayton so be it. Put another WR in there and see if he can play. Whatever it takes.

Agreed.

Gruden will lose his job next year if he doesn't change a little bit.  No wonder he loved Vets.  They are the ones who can pick up pro-terms better, understand complexities better.

Clayton is not a playmaker.  HE is a slow, blocking, bad-handed wideout.  Not worth big dollars, he is about to find out when he renogiates his next contract.

Galloway has 2 years left.  The guy acan outrun Dbacks in their mid twenties with ease.

Who knows about The Stove.  For some reason, Gruden thinks Clayton is better than that guy...we will never know now will we?  

PLAY STOVE OVER CLAYTON GRUDEN!!!!

DBHit55

Starter

#23 : November 14, 2006, 12:41:41 AM

What the hell happened to our OL as last year we could at least run the ball with Cadillac and hell we all know run blocking is easier than pass blocking.

yeah thats my question too. that and why the hell is the D that bad? i know they are older but we had the number one D last year and have the same exact players minus dexter jackson. thats a long and quick fall from the top. i remember thinking back last year when we lost to the redskins  in the playoffs, i was saying man i cant wait to see this team next year because we are going to do some good things. boy was i wrong

#24 : November 14, 2006, 12:49:41 AM

I'm not buying that. Boldin and Fitzgerald would have a field day vs us.

#25 : November 14, 2006, 12:51:26 AM

I'm not buying that. Boldin and Fitzgerald would have a field day vs us.

Leinart couldn't get 'em the ball.

Why not? We got no pressure on Delhomme.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 14, 2006, 01:03:53 AM

i know they are older but we had the number one D last year and have the same exact players minus dexter jackson.

#1 overall defense was an illusion. This offseason some of us on this board tried to point that out to people here, but not a lot of folks wanted to listen.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden news conf. on now. ESPN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools