Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not trade 2 First Round Picks for an elite back? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dpc1192

Starter

: October 10, 2007, 10:05:35 PM

Who do you guys think we could get for 2 first round picks? We need a good back who can step up, and take us to the playoffs.

Why not give them up? The odds of them panning out, and being as good as the player the Bucs would receive is slim to none.

I know you guys aren't going to agree with this.

just say no to Derek Carr

PickSiXBuCC

Starter

#1 : October 10, 2007, 10:11:23 PM

i would do it but for who ?

dpc1192

Starter

#2 : October 10, 2007, 10:15:10 PM

Thats what I was curious about.

I mean you guys wouldn't be too upset trading away Clayton and Williams would you?

just say no to Derek Carr

PickSiXBuCC

Starter

#3 : October 10, 2007, 10:17:35 PM

cadillac no clayton yes

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 10, 2007, 10:25:40 PM

it would cost you a lot more than 2 first round picks to get an ELITE back...and really who would let their franchise back go unless they were getting a player of the same caliber AND picks...it would have to be a BLOCKBUSTER deal to make anybody want to give up their franchise back...honestly the only one worthy of that would be ladanian tomlinson...if you MUST make a trade, thats who you get...don't play with the other backs...go get the best...and the chargers aren't going to let him go for anything...

PickSiXBuCC

Starter

#5 : October 10, 2007, 10:29:40 PM

they might let him go for Earnest Graham AND Chris Hovan ... RIGHT????

cardiac

Practice Squad

#6 : October 10, 2007, 10:31:44 PM

Clearly after the defeat at Indy, the Bucs have glaring weaknesses in a few areas. As I was afraid to admit myself, the Bucs have played poor teams well, but have not matched up well against the great ones. This makes us average at best. We still have deficiencies on the offensive line and obviously will need to prepare to draft a franchise type running back.  There were several warnings from Giants fans about Luke Petigout and his knee. He was effective but not reliable and in his absence, the line is mush. Getting rid  of multiple pics for a so-so back would only stop the bleeding and not elevate our team to elite status. Additionally, quarterback is going to be a pressing need. Garcia is 37 and was intended to be a quick fix. He is good for maybe two years. This season is not going to be a great one but it will be salvagable. Unless there are Super Bowl aspirations, giving up those kind of pics is a waste.

What I am dying to find out, is why we continuously are fooled into thinking that average players who have done nothing anywhere can come in here and become superstars based on the simple fact that they know Gruden's system. I mean I know plenty of football smart people but that doesn't mean they can help the team. Personally, I think that more focus on strength and conditioning would help the team as well as working on finding more durable players. Clearly the amount of injuries over the last two years is indicative of deficiencies in the strength and conditioning department. Cadillac and Petigout had a history of injuries and Simms is too fragile to play in the league.

Maybe trading Bruce Allen immediately would stop the bleeding a little quicker!  :D    ... just kidding.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#7 : October 10, 2007, 10:41:20 PM

trading 2 firsts for a RB on a team with so many pressing needs is a bad idea. we need a QB, RB, WR, DT, CB -- these are immediate needs. giving away 2 firsts any one of these positions is not worth it .. unless it is a franchise QB with 6-8 years left in the tank.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 10, 2007, 11:33:36 PM

wow.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#9 : October 11, 2007, 06:07:27 AM

i bet we could get LJ for a first and a second. He isn't running all that well right now for Kansas City but i think thats becuase his line is horrible.  He had that long hold out that really didn't seem to end all that well and LJ still got a crappy deal.  i bet if KC loses this week we could get him for that.

Should we if we could

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 11, 2007, 06:58:38 AM

Crazy. Get the line solid and an average back can be effective.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#11 : October 11, 2007, 07:01:51 AM

Crazy. Get the line solid and an average back can be effective.

I would say the line is solid and if caddy could rush for over a thousand with that less than solid line, i'm sure a bruiser like LJ with Gruden's pound the rock late in games strategy could definately do the same in 11 games

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 11, 2007, 07:03:25 AM

The line will never be solid until we get stout at the center position. Wade sucks and I believe he adversely affects both guards. Wade gets rag dolled a lot.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 11, 2007, 07:08:19 AM

Because whether the team makes it to the playoffs with a new running back or Earnest Graham, they're going to get crushed by a real team of the caliber of Seattle or Indianapolis. Face it the Bucs aren't going to be real contenders for 2-3 years so they need both those 1st round picks. If you trade for an elite back he's going to be 27-28 and 29-30 when the Bucs' next window opens. He'll already be on the downswing. Those 1st round picks will be 24-25 then and entering the primes of their careers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 11, 2007, 07:11:13 AM

Absolutely agree. get the oline set, then get the dline pass rush set, then we can fill in the skill positions. This team will never be great with solid trench warfare. The lines dictate the success of the other positions.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not trade 2 First Round Picks for an elite back? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools