Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not trade 2 First Round Picks for an elite back? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#15 : October 11, 2007, 07:26:13 AM

Come on people!!!!  Two fisrt round picks!!!  Absolutely not!!! We need more help then just a running game!!! Give the Bucs a week or two and see how good or bad the running game is.  Darby my be all we need. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 11, 2007, 07:42:42 AM

That's why most of you will never be an NFL GM, that would be insane to trade. Honestly, one of the worst ideas yet on the subject.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 11, 2007, 08:30:50 AM

Seriously, this is just an awful suggestion.  This team has an appalling number of long-term holes on it, and you want to trade two first round picks for a running back?  The position that is both one of the easiest on the field to fill and which also has one of the shortest shelf-lifes? You must really enjoy rooting for awful teams.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 11, 2007, 08:49:48 AM

That's why most of you will never be an NFL GM, that would be insane to trade. Honestly, one of the worst ideas yet on the subject.

The problem is the guys who might be worth a #1 pick won't get traded and anyone else really isn't worth it.  "Wrost idea"...pretty close, yeah.

I'm not sure why you go nuclear on this team since we're not an RB from the SB, we're an RB from being a dead solid mortal loc to get to the playoffs and lose in R1.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 11, 2007, 09:11:05 AM

We aren't a lock to lose in the first round especially if that game is at Ray Jay. NFC really has no one we couldn't beat at home. 

thanson

Starter

#20 : October 11, 2007, 09:17:14 AM

No! No! No! Let Graham and Darby play. Worst case, they don't perform well and we get a high pick. Who knows, maybe one will step up and we will have a free sleeper. There are too many needs to to give up 2 first round picks....LT, C, DT, WR, QB..etc.

BUCky Badger

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 11, 2007, 10:26:25 AM

RBs aren't valuable enough to trade 2 #1s.  You only deal that kind of value for a top LOT or QB, or DL...maybe a shutdown CB depending on the scheme.  But as others have said, players that are good enough for 2 #1s are rarely let go by their team.

#22 : October 11, 2007, 10:43:02 AM

Ok Dal, but who exactly are a lock to lose to in the first round? The NFC sucks, no team scares me at all in this conference. For as bleak as you like making things seem, the Bucs have an excellent opportunity to make a deep playoff run. We are a good running back away from having Super Bowl potential.

#23 : October 11, 2007, 11:27:55 AM

Edgerrin James was available not too long ago...  Arizona made out on his deal...    I wouldn't mind trading a 1st and 2nd rounder for a proven RB..  not sure Turner is a proven RB however, but for someone like LJ, Shawn Alexander, Frank Gore, etc   look at the gem we got for our 1st pick last year...  he's not making ANY impact this year....  either is our 2nd pick in last years draft...   would I give up Gaines Addams and our 2nd draft pick for Edgerrin James...  yes I would.b

acacius

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 11, 2007, 11:34:37 AM

would I give up Gaines Addams and our 2nd draft pick for Edgerrin James... yes I would.b

And thank God you're not in a position to do so.

dpc1192

Starter

#25 : October 11, 2007, 11:47:07 AM

I heard before the season started that KC would've traded LJ for 2 1st round picks

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 11, 2007, 11:56:44 AM

Running backs don't last that long in this league.  NO running back is worth 2 first rounders...including LJ, LT, or any other L.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 11, 2007, 11:59:50 AM

I heard before the season started that KC would've traded LJ for 2 1st round picks

You mean the guy with the 3.3 ypc average and no touchdowns this year?

UnderwearGnome

Second String

#28 : October 11, 2007, 12:16:37 PM

That, my friend, is a matter of perspective.  If we maintain the status quo and keep Gruden and Allen, then I am certain they will waste those picks with more poor choices. 
However, is change is a comin', I agree, lets hold on to 'em

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 11, 2007, 12:19:41 PM

Let's say we had Tomlinson here on the Bucs. If someone offered us two 1st round picks for him, would you do the trade? NO! Elite running backs are hard to find and they don't change teams often. No team in their right mind is going to trade their star running back unless that player isn't happy. That's the only way it would happen. Also, why mortgage our future for someone when we have so many other holes.

If we had LT on this team right now, would we be a Super Bowl team? I'd argue no. Our LT and C are shakey. We only have one good WR. Our D-line gets no pressure on the QB. Now, we'd be a playoff team for sure, but I don't think we'd be able to go all the way and beat a NE or Indy. So why give up 2 picks that could end up filling 2 major holes.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not trade 2 First Round Picks for an elite back? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools