Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not trade 2 First Round Picks for an elite back? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Admirebucs

Starter

#30 : October 11, 2007, 01:00:44 PM

Everybody would trade two 1st for LT or LJ but why would any team trade their back? People always talk about trades but which team would trade their premium back right now? Nobody so cut the whole idea of trading for a big time back.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 11, 2007, 02:08:02 PM

If we had everything and all we needed was a back...then yes I'd think about the trade. The bottom line is that we are barely better than a .500 team and in a weak division. We have a chance to build this team into something good for several years. With free agency and the draft, I think we can contend next year. If we trade our next 2 first round picks for a back (even LT) we won't win it all and we will lose 2 potentially very good players. I'd rather try and sign someone or draft a RB and keep my other pick.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

clintro

Pro Bowler
#32 : October 11, 2007, 02:13:29 PM

Crazy. Get the line solid and an average back can be effective.

Agreed ... look at what the Colts did last week!!

dpc1192

Starter

#33 : October 11, 2007, 08:12:05 PM

I don't really think this is our number one priority.

I was sort of trying to see if you guys also thought that draft picks are way overvalued

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 11, 2007, 08:33:59 PM

no1 is gonna give up an  elite back.  Like Gruden said, "We're looking for another back, but pursuing and collecting are two different things."  Teams are less willing to part with backs, and the Bucs are still looking for another carrier.  I dont want them to give up a first, but I wouldnt mind a 3rd for Chester Taylor, Mewelde Moore, or Tatum Bell.  A 3rd may be a little drastic as a 4th should be able to land Bell or Moore, but we dont really capatilize on our 3rds anyway. 

2003- QB Chris Simms
2004- LB Marquis Cooper
2005- T Chris Colmer, TE Alex Smith(ok this one was a good one)
2006-WR Maurice Stovall(jury is still out, but he doesn't look like hes gonna be anything special)
2007- LB Quincy Black-(jury still out, but lets hope he doenst turn out like Cooper)

Our 4th round picks are a little better actually, but again, we need the RBs

2003- G Jeb Terry
2004- S Will Allen(decent)
2005-G Dan Buenning(decent)
2006-CB Alan Zemeitis
2007- S Tanard Jackson(great)

So we seem to do better in the 4th actually, but if we could land a Chester Taylor with a 3rd or a Moore/Bell with a 4th, I say we do it.  Aside from Tanard Jackson and Alex Smith, we really haven't produced starters.  Buenning and Allen were servicable too, but I say we make the trade.

Crockett/Askew won't accomplish much and if Graham plays like he did the past 2 weeks, were in trouble.  Better hope Darby turns out to be great....

thanson

Starter

#35 : October 11, 2007, 05:06:44 PM

The average RB lasts 3.7 years. Two first round picks would be a waste. Time will tell. If no-one pans out, look at drafting on in the 3-4 round.

BUCky Badger

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 11, 2007, 07:12:29 PM

No, we need to rebuild. We aren't the Packers were we just have enough young talent to throw away picks

What about a 2nd round pick for DT Corey Williams?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Rockaneers

Practice Squad

#37 : October 11, 2007, 07:18:57 PM

For 2 first round picks you can get Keyshawn Johnson.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 11, 2007, 08:50:54 PM

Chris Colmer, what the hell were we thinking?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 11, 2007, 10:40:17 PM

we're a RB from being a dead solid mortal loc to get to the playoffs and lose in R1.

Exactly, right on the money. That's whay it's one of the worst ideas yet

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 12, 2007, 01:40:51 AM

Dead solid lock to lose in R1 when it would be a home game? Now that is pessimism.
No 2 1sts for a RB. We need a new LT, a QB for the future, at least one more pass rusher (probably two), one or TWO RBs and a center.
I'd rather get a stud LT and a good RB than a very good RB behind a line that still has holes.

In Verner We Trust

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 12, 2007, 09:13:29 AM

Cardiac,

"There were several warnings from Giants fans about Luke Petigout and his knee"

Don't believe that had anything to do with what happened to him. It could have have happened to anyone when your leg is rolled on.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

thanson

Starter

#42 : October 12, 2007, 09:20:08 AM

No No No. By the time a RB learns the offense, Graham will be a good player. I am a gator hater but I like this guy. Give him a shot.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#43 : October 13, 2007, 10:11:00 AM

Absolutely agree. get the oline set, then get the dline pass rush set, then we can fill in the skill positions. This team will never be great with solid trench warfare. The lines dictate the success of the other positions.

how many high draft picks do we need to spend on the oline?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not trade 2 First Round Picks for an elite back? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools