Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Franchise QB Wanted! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Stretchcaddy

Starter

: November 14, 2006, 12:15:01 AM

1st of all before you guys jump to conclusion, I DO like gradkowski, but i think he is a average qb with  a lil bit of mobility at best. I for one want a Franchise QB. I think we need to stop looking for hidden diamonds in the 5ht or 6th rd. We need to go spend the money and a get Franchise QB thru FA or spend a 1st rd pick on a QB , maybe Troy Smith ::). We need a Qb thats gonna be here for the next 10 years. We dont need plug ins , we need a fixture at that position. We can use our 2 second rd picks for a Safety, maybe Brandon Merriweather, and a DE even though dewayne white,  haye and ruud played very well tonight.

Any thoughts?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 14, 2006, 12:17:16 AM

Unless we can get a proven veteran like Brees or McNair, drafting is no different than a scratch off ticket,

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : November 14, 2006, 12:31:43 AM

Why is it that we hardly went deep with the QB who could throw deep accurate passes? But Grads has probably gone deep more than Simms. Simms the guy who just sucked in the 3 step drop was called on to perform in that practically every other play. I'm just confused.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 14, 2006, 12:33:30 AM

Why is it that we hardly went deep with the QB who could throw deep accurate passes

Lots of batted passes, sacks, INTs, poor decision-making, and lousy mechanics are probably among the reasons.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : November 14, 2006, 12:38:25 AM

Why is it that we hardly went deep with the QB who could throw deep accurate passes

Lots of batted passes, sacks, INTs, poor decision-making, and lousy mechanics are probably among the reasons.
I was talking about Simms, but thanks for the description of Gradkowski!!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 14, 2006, 12:41:00 AM

I was talking about Simms

Me too. Nice try, though.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : November 14, 2006, 12:41:26 AM

Why is it that we hardly went deep with the QB who could throw deep accurate passes? But Grads has probably gone deep more than Simms. Simms the guy who just sucked in the 3 step drop was called on to perform in that practically every other play. I'm just confused.
  Ah, the mind of Gruden...

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 14, 2006, 12:56:28 AM

BRADY QUINN

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 14, 2006, 12:58:40 AM

BRADY QUINN

Gruden is drafting a "Project" next year.  His time is coming.  He will draft a tackle, an end, or an O-lineman.  He needs Immediate impact guys, and that is not coming by regressing to another QB with something to prove...

But I agree, Grads simply lacks the abilities this offense requires.  Namely, completing passes.  His mobility is not that good, as many of us have thought.  After watching statues for years, we are blinded by this, I think.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 14, 2006, 01:01:29 AM

I realize that but I can dream no?

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 14, 2006, 01:12:19 AM

Like it or ont, love it or hate it, Grads is your future.  Decision has already been made.  Only thing that'll change it is a complete lack of progress, or a stud vet via FA and that aint coming in all likelihood, just not much out there.  Gruden believes he can shape a smart QB into a winner without pulling the #1 pick.

140BPM

Practice Squad

#11 : November 14, 2006, 01:12:34 AM

How can you say you want a franchise QB but you want to draft another one next year?  Grads will already be ahead of the game if you try to draft a QB.  Put another rookie in and you're looking at even longer hardship.  I say stick with Grads... he can be the guy here, just let him develop.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 14, 2006, 01:14:17 AM

How can you say you want a franchise QB but you want to draft another one next year? Grads will already be ahead of the game if you try to draft a QB. Put another rookie in and you're looking at even longer hardship. I say stick with Grads... he can be the guy here, just let him develop.
I simply disagree.

We have both watched the games, and there is not much to lend me to believe this...sorry guys.

He has been a guy who has not cost us any games, but he isn't a guy with the arm to do it.  IMO.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : November 14, 2006, 01:17:24 AM

How can you say you want a franchise QB but you want to draft another one next year? Grads will already be ahead of the game if you try to draft a QB. Put another rookie in and you're looking at even longer hardship. I say stick with Grads... he can be the guy here, just let him develop.
Like it or ont, love it or hate it, Grads is your future. Decision has already been made. Only thing that'll change it is a complete lack of progress, or a stud vet via FA and that aint coming in all likelihood, just not much out there. Gruden believes he can shape a smart QB into a winner without pulling the #1 pick.
  No...no...no...no....!!!

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 14, 2006, 01:20:01 AM

Like it or ont, love it or hate it, Grads is your future. Decision has already been made. Only thing that'll change it is a complete lack of progress, or a stud vet via FA and that aint coming in all likelihood, just not much out there. Gruden believes he can shape a smart QB into a winner without pulling the #1 pick.
  No...no...no...no....!!!

Sorry Karen, Gru has different tastes than you, he likes the tan tough guy over the skinny Aryan boy
:P

It really has nothing to do with our opinions on the matter, Gruden's stuck with the kid now...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Franchise QB Wanted! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools