Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sickening « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: November 14, 2006, 12:20:03 AM

And I am not talking about the Bucs.

I'm talking about certain fans and especially the media.

Sure #7 made some mistakes tonight.  He's a rookie playing in his SIXTH, repeat SIXTH game!! 

Some of you wanna trash Gruden.  He didn't fumble the ball tonight.  The Bucs had some big plays open, but the rookie misfired.  Then some of you bash the play calling.  Caddy gets the call and does little.  Then he gets another call and fumbles it away.

I think that this is a very young group on offense that should not be expected to play championship caliber football at this stage.  Frankly, considering Carolina's experienced defensive front going against our 2 rookies, I thought the Bucs fared pretty damn good.

Defensively, we keep getting burned in the secondary for big plays.  None of this is Gruden's fault.

So if you bashers cannot be patient while the offense gains experience, you better go into hibernation for the duration of the season.  Because there's a lot more of what we saw tonight still ahead.

Now, go ahead and call me a crotch-nuzzler, or ass-kisser, or front-runner, or whatever you want.  I have thicker skin than most of you.

WILLBLEE

Starter

#1 : November 14, 2006, 12:22:51 AM

Salisbury said Caddy is running like a hugo. Sux, but it's funny.

Caddy gets the call and does little.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 14, 2006, 12:23:05 AM

Damn crotch nuzzler-- it'all Grudens fault  ;D

BTW good level headed post.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 14, 2006, 12:23:47 AM

The part where it becomes Gruden's fault is when there is a lack of discipline on the field. Poor execution can be blamed on a lack of discipline and preparation.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : November 14, 2006, 12:27:54 AM

It has been said--wait till Jon gets "his" players. Well, now he's got them. How many of you are happy with Jon's team?

#5 : November 14, 2006, 12:28:59 AM

None of this is Gruden's fault.

Prefer, with all due respect, the success or failure of our team falls on the coach. Is he not responsbile for the product on the field? For example, If its true that Monte lobbied for the returns of Dwight Smith and Dexter Jackson and he was forced to settle for "the players" currently back there then who is responsible?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : November 14, 2006, 12:29:48 AM

I just hate everybody right now except my wife and kids.

#7 : November 14, 2006, 12:30:41 AM

Gruden's hand-picked line has played in little more than a handful of games.  Gimme a freaking break.  IMO, the rookies on the line did pretty well considering the line they were facing. 

Clayton IS a bust.  2004 WAS a fluke.  the guy drops/fumbles most everything that comes his way.

Caddy?  An arrogant little shlt that needs to get his head outta his ass.

D-line played well at times, considering the lack of playing time.

I guess we should expect champioship caliber play from a bunch of backups though.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 14, 2006, 12:31:17 AM

Flags? You mean those pieces of fabric they throw when a team or a player isn't disciplined?

#9 : November 14, 2006, 12:34:09 AM

Agree that it all ultimately comes back on the coach.  I don't have a problem with that statement.

But I am truly not surprised that we are where we are.  Not with the inexperience on the field.

I am okay with being called the names.  Keep 'em coming boys.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 14, 2006, 12:34:50 AM

Ah yes, here we go with the "only a rookie excuse"...

Experience means NOTHING.  They learned all they need to know in College.  We can judge rookies by vet standards.  Just look how Peyton did as arook ...er, well, Favre, yea, Favre..er, well, Montanna, or, er....

#11 : November 14, 2006, 12:36:47 AM

Like I said, they are rookies out there, including the QB.

I am not budging on my opinion any more than those that disagree.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#12 : November 14, 2006, 12:39:42 AM

Just for a lil perspective Manning lost his 6th game throwing 2 picks and completing 50% of his passes- but  hey lets hold Grads to the standards of a rookie 1st rounder-- oh wait that doesn't fit the bash session either

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#13 : November 14, 2006, 12:48:24 AM

None of this is Gruden's fault.

Prefer, with all due respect, the success or failure of our team falls on the coach. Is he not responsbile for the product on the field? For example, If its true that Monte lobbied for the returns of Dwight Smith and Dexter Jackson and he was forced to settle for "the players" currently back there then who is responsible?

And what would be the point in bringing those two back when they both signed for monies we did not have. Not to mention both are playing for losing teams. And good ole D Jax has missed 4.5gms already this season -- missed close to 8 last year--and his secondary just got lit for 42pts to blow a 21 pt lead. Smith compare his numbers to either Allen or Phillips and there is no upgrade except he woulkd have helped in Nickel and likely be in there for Kelly now. He also got a pretty nice deal from Mninny that we couldn't afford.

#14 : November 14, 2006, 12:48:39 AM

The bashers will remain until we start winning again.  It's all good.  Like I said, I have thick skin. 

My opinions mean as much as those of the critics.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sickening « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools