Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sickening « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : November 14, 2006, 12:51:12 AM

None of this is Gruden's fault.

Prefer, with all due respect, the success or failure of our team falls on the coach. Is he not responsbile for the product on the field? For example, If its true that Monte lobbied for the returns of Dwight Smith and Dexter Jackson and he was forced to settle for "the players" currently back there then who is responsible?

And what would be the point in bringing those two back when they both signed for monies we did not have. Not to mention both are playing for losing teams. And good ole D Jax has missed 4.5gms already this season -- missed close to 8 last year--and his secondary just got lit for 42pts to blow a 21 pt lead. Smith compare his numbers to either Allen or Phillips and there is no upgrade except he woulkd have helped in Nickel and likely be in there for Kelly now. He also got a pretty nice deal from Mninny that we couldn't afford.
That's my point...when you're overpaying an underaciever $11 mil, you have no money left over for other key pieces of your puzzle.

#16 : November 14, 2006, 12:51:31 AM

As I recall, with DJ last year, our secondary still got burned at times.  And what are those 2 doing this year?  I don't hear a lot about them.

Besides, there comes a point in time when you have to play the youngsters and man up to the growing pains.

#17 : November 14, 2006, 12:52:37 AM

That's my point...when you're overpaying an underaciever $11 mil, you have no money left over for other key pieces of your puzzle.

And Gru didn't have a damned thing to do with either of those contracts did he??

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#18 : November 14, 2006, 12:52:48 AM

As I recall, with DJ last year, our secondary still got burned at times.  And what are those 2 doing this year?  I don't hear a lot about them.

Besides, there comes a point in time when you have to play the youngsters and man up to the growing pains.

You can not argue the fact that 2 years with DJ we were #1 and the following year after letting him go, the defense slid. I'm sure it's not all on DJ, but very ironic.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : November 14, 2006, 12:53:23 AM

And Gru didn't have a damned thing to do with either of those contracts did he??

Didn't say he did, did I?

PS is your phone broke?

#20 : November 14, 2006, 12:54:17 AM

And what would be the point in bringing those two back when they both signed for monies we did not have. Not to mention both are playing for losing teams.

Because when they were here, they played well for us and were head and shoulders above "the players" we have back there right now.

To see the theatrics from Phillips after he makes his one hit per week drives me nuts.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#21 : November 14, 2006, 12:56:27 AM

None of this is Gruden's fault.

Prefer, with all due respect, the success or failure of our team falls on the coach. Is he not responsbile for the product on the field? For example, If its true that Monte lobbied for the returns of Dwight Smith and Dexter Jackson and he was forced to settle for "the players" currently back there then who is responsible?

And what would be the point in bringing those two back when they both signed for monies we did not have. Not to mention both are playing for losing teams. And good ole D Jax has missed 4.5gms already this season -- missed close to 8 last year--and his secondary just got lit for 42pts to blow a 21 pt lead. Smith compare his numbers to either Allen or Phillips and there is no upgrade except he woulkd have helped in Nickel and likely be in there for Kelly now. He also got a pretty nice deal from Mninny that we couldn't afford.

Thank McKay he made him uncuttable with that 11 mil-- would have cost us that plus to get rid of him and sign his replacement still leaving no money to sign a guy that has been injured for half the season already and another who was burned quite a bit as a safety but was a good nickel guy.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 14, 2006, 12:57:42 AM

As I recall, with DJ last year, our secondary still got burned at times. And what are those 2 doing this year? I don't hear a lot about them.

You can not argue the fact that 2 years with DJ we were #1 and the following year after letting him go, the defense slid. I'm sure it's not all on DJ, but very ironic.
you forget DJ was out half the season and Will Allen was playing down the stretch

#23 : November 14, 2006, 12:57:58 AM

We were #1 without DJ.  And without DS.  There's this little problem about called age that HAS finally caught up.  Also, opponents have had years to disect the Cover 2 and find ways to beat it.

I mentioned the other day that Kiffin should share in the criticism.  It's time for Kiffin to start adding some wrinkles.

Phone works fine.  I am just seldom home until late in the evening nowadays.  But this part of the discussion is PIRATE's COVE.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#24 : November 14, 2006, 12:58:45 AM

The game was sickening, but it was the execution that hurt us.

We need an overhaul. This team is bad. I hope Gruden can fix it because if he can't next year he is out. I'm not calling for his head, either - I like him and think he is getting guys open but those guys aren't making plays.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#25 : November 14, 2006, 01:00:17 AM

We were #1 without DJ.  And without DS. There's this little problem about called age that HAS finally caught up.  Also, opponents have had years to disect the Cover 2 and find ways to beat it.

I mentioned the other day that Kiffin should share in the criticism.  It's time for Kiffin to start adding some wrinkles.

Phone works fine.  I am just seldom home until late in the evening nowadays.  But this part of the discussion is PIRATE's COVE.
only without DJ and DS 1/3 times ranked number one.

#26 : November 14, 2006, 01:01:10 AM

But wait Option....it IS the play-calling...or at least that has been the thoughts of many the past few weeks.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 14, 2006, 01:02:47 AM

I just hate everybody right now except my wife and kids.
You don't hate me bro.

I got the beers, and am on the dark side of the Force as well. 
Watching Bush League players makes me ill as well.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#28 : November 14, 2006, 01:04:47 AM

I just hate everybody right now except my wife and kids.
You don't hate me bro.

I got the beers, and am on the dark side of the Force as well. 
Watching Bush League players makes me ill as well.

Boid Fink is Italian for, "ABuccsFan is my pal."

#29 : November 14, 2006, 01:04:52 AM

He hates me cuz I don't return calls at 1 a.m.   LOL!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sickening « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools