Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Are We Obsessed With Playoffs Now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

: October 11, 2007, 12:09:31 PM

Why do you want  to trade away the farm for a back? Even if we got to the super bowl, the Pats or Colts would win. Just save up, build and go for it next year (while kicking NFC butt this year)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 11, 2007, 12:12:46 PM

Not obsessed - don't want to give up the farm - but recognize buccs will have to pay a premium price to get someone good - and that the buccs might need two rbs not just one.  Might not have what we want in FA or the draft - and if you can get who you want at an acceptable premium price why not do it now?  Nothing wrong with that idea - and winning is pretty nice as well....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#2 : October 11, 2007, 12:13:59 PM

Thats the worst winning philosophy I've ever heard. You don't play for seasons in the future. Sure, its good to keep them in consideration, but when you have a legit shot to make a good playoff run like the Bucs do this year, your sole focus is to win NOW.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 11, 2007, 12:16:09 PM

Thats the worst winning philosophy I've ever heard. You don't play for seasons in the future. Sure, its good to keep them in consideration, but when you have a legit shot to make a good playoff run like the Bucs do this year, your sole focus is to win NOW.
But sacrifice the future for more 4-12? Next yera that 1st pick needs to be a QB or LT..

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 11, 2007, 12:22:23 PM

We're talking about a 3rd/4th round pick here. We've already gone through who we've drafted and most consider Moore to be better then 80% of who we've drafted and he's still young so it's like picking early.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#5 : October 11, 2007, 12:29:37 PM

But sacrifice the future for more 4-12? Next yera that 1st pick needs to be a QB or LT..

I agree.  We don't need to go out and get a QB or a franchise LT.  We don't need to trade that pick for Michael Turner.  I could see if he was the final piece to the puzzle, but he's not.  However, I wouldn't be dissappointed or upset if we traded a 3rd or a 4th for a Juluis Jones type.

shutdabucup

Second String

#6 : October 11, 2007, 12:42:38 PM

Same every year...if the season is going terribly, then the team is rebuilding and we don't need to act hastily.  Everyone is happy to contemplate a 8 - 8 pr 7 - 9 season and look to next year.  If, unexpectedly, that very same team somehow wins a few games upfront, then the whole mindset changes.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 11, 2007, 12:52:32 PM

The playoffs is a goal for every team, every year. Now, trades you might have to make to get there, those can be discussed. But every team is guilty of your topic heading.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 11, 2007, 12:56:29 PM

Out of 7 possible picks, we have already given up 2 (R Sims & Plummer).

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 11, 2007, 12:58:17 PM

So...you want us to lose this year?  Ridiculous.

Playoffs or bust.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 11, 2007, 01:03:09 PM

When Plummer said, "Don't trade for me, I won't play in Tampa" that's a good reason not to trade for him. It was obvious that he wasn't coming here. That should not be a reason though to not go after a guy like Moore. How many top RBs, WRs, QBs, LTs are there going to be in the 3rd round? How many in the 1st round? This years draft looks very weak to me. If you can get a proven solid RB that is better then what is coming out of college and is still young you do it. FA is no guarantee.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 11, 2007, 01:06:35 PM

Only get so many opportunities to get into the post-season and then earn the right to play for the Super Bowl. Who knows what will happen between now and then. If we followed the theory that the Patriots or Colts are winning the trophy, then why play games now? Season's over I guess. We may as well find something else to do on Sundays.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 11, 2007, 01:11:58 PM

We're talking about a 3rd/4th round pick here. We've already gone through who we've drafted and most consider Moore to be better then 80% of who we've drafted and he's still young so it's like picking early.

If that was all Minnesota wanted, I'm sure Allen would've done it by now.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 11, 2007, 02:21:52 PM

Why do you want  to trade away the farm for a back? Even if we got to the super bowl, the Pats or Colts would win. Just save up, build and go for it next year (while kicking NFC butt this year)

It is that the NFC is so tragically weak this year and that makes crazy success seem at hand that makes the all or nothing approach seem appealing?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#14 : October 11, 2007, 02:35:49 PM

This is a PATHETIC thread. The guy who started this thread is probably a pessimistic loser in life too.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Are We Obsessed With Playoffs Now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools