Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Are We Obsessed With Playoffs Now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 11, 2007, 02:44:52 PM

This is a PATHETIC thread. The guy who started this thread is probably a pessimistic loser in life too.

Man...you have a seemingly easygoing thread where people are making their points and then....BAM!

Why is that necessary? Probably a poorly worded topic, simple as that.

bucfanskiz

Starter

#16 : October 11, 2007, 04:19:26 PM

When Plummer said, "Don't trade for me, I won't play in Tampa" that's a good reason not to trade for him. It was obvious that he wasn't coming here. That should not be a reason though to not go after a guy like Moore. How many top RBs, WRs, QBs, LTs are there going to be in the 3rd round? How many in the 1st round? This years draft looks very weak to me. If you can get a proven solid RB that is better then what is coming out of college and is still young you do it. FA is no guarantee.

One of the best QB's in the game was a 7th round pick,  I remember a WR from last year that tore it up was also a 7th rounder.  Your point has more holes than swiss cheese!!!!  COME STRONG OR DONT COME AT ALL!!!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 11, 2007, 05:05:17 PM

I'd trade a Super Bowl loss for another 4-12 next year because then we'd have a stud pick the following year.
A Super Bowl loss means at least two playoff wins. We've had one season in our history when we won more than one playoff game that year. Anyone who wouldn't make that deal is insane.

In Verner We Trust

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 11, 2007, 06:30:57 PM

I'd trade a Super Bowl loss for another 4-12 next year because then we'd have a stud pick the following year.
A Super Bowl loss means at least two playoff wins. We've had one season in our history when we won more than one playoff game that year. Anyone who wouldn't make that deal is insane.

I completely disagree.  I want the Bucs to succeed...I don't give a sh** about draft picks because you can have a bust and then you'll be right back where you started.  If your team loses in the Super Bowl, it means that your entire team is good, and if they stay, you'll be likely to compete the next year (of course, with the parody of the NFL, there are exceptions).  'm just saying you put waaaaay too much dependence on the draft.  Look at the Steelers last year- they were only 8-8, so they had a so-so team.  All of a sudden they're dominating.  Because of their draft choice?  No.  Look at the Cowboys.  Lost in the playoffs, gave up their first rounder, and they're undefeated.  Your theory is flawed.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Are We Obsessed With Playoffs Now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools