Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have to leave Xavier Lee in the game, this is just insane « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

: October 22, 2007, 12:41:52 PM

WOW, Lee played a heck of a game, for UM.  I hope you are all happy with the great QB you have under center now.  Look for more good first half numbers followed by giving the game away in the end.  My dog can read a D better then Lee.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2007, 03:41:14 PM

Weatherford takes sacks.  Lee skips balls to WRs.  Neither can read a defense.

They BOTH suck.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 12, 2007, 12:06:45 AM

Its ridiculous to take out Lee.  Especially after Weatherford was allowed to stay in games earlier this season when he sucked (Clemson).

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 12, 2007, 12:02:38 AM

I'm not an FSU fan but if I were I'd want them to keep Bobby Bowden in an adviser role and bring in a new coaching staff headed by a big name. That job would draw huge attention from top coaches.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 11, 2007, 11:04:47 PM

Look, you're going to take Lee out in the 4th quarter of a tied game? Drew is AWFUL, Lee has much more upside and will never get in a rythm is he's looking over his shoulder. It's stupid what FSU is doing, ruining a kid that just needs to get through a rough patch. You have to go through growing pains, this is straight low-budget.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 11, 2007, 11:06:10 PM

I could care less, but good call.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

superbuc

Practice Squad
#6 : October 11, 2007, 11:29:35 PM

Sorry, bro, I missed much of the second half.  FSU just makes dumb decisions regarding offense - for the last 5 years or so, it seems.

I'm from NC originally and grew up a UNC fan (all sports not just basketball).  I know Bobby B. is a revered figure down here and all-time, but, it seems it's time for a change.  I know athletes make the plays, not coaches, but, it seems time for a wholesale change to infuse the program with energy and freshness.   

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 11, 2007, 11:21:14 PM

It's fairly logical, I think....

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 12, 2007, 10:30:20 AM

I agree. FSU needs to live and die with Xavier

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 12, 2007, 11:06:55 AM

I agree. FSU needs to live and die with Xavier
No doubt.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

buckit

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 12, 2007, 11:23:01 AM

Bowden is done.  As a die hard Nole, I didn't want to admit it, but when I saw Drew trot out there I knew it.  Bowden needs to step down.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Runole

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 12, 2007, 12:18:58 PM

Since it was Jimbo's idea should he step down?    JMHO but when do players become culpable for their poor execution and play?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 12, 2007, 12:30:50 PM

i agree, weatherford has had his go at it, let lee have a chance.

fsu has no talent on the OL.  weatherford is painfully average and lee is boom or bust.  and bobby, he's just a figurehead that seems to think everything is okay.  fsu is still a power, but they seem to be a ship lost at sea.  they need a direction, which comes in the form of a coach.  all my opinions of course.

maybe it was terry's call.  by the way, was it legal for him to be in the coaches box?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 12, 2007, 01:00:36 PM

My issue with the move is that they already know what Drew offers, he's below-average. Lee hasn't had the time yet in consecutive games for anyone to form an opinion, dude threw for 200yrds and 2 TD's in the first half, then he's inconsistent after that but so what. That's what you get from an inexperienced, young QB. You have to let the kid take his lumps.

Lee's potential is ureal, give him the time to find it. Drew won't develop past what he is now, and that's not very good.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 12, 2007, 01:29:43 PM

How hard is it for Nole fans to see that Lee blew that game for them.  No QB will be any good when you are getting less then 100 ypg on the ground.  Drew is the better QB but Lee has the athletic ability to make up for the Oline.  The problem with Lee is that he will make bad decisions during close games that cause the team to loose.  All the FSU/Buc fans hoping for Lee to step up should consider Vick's career in Atlant because that is what Lee has to offer.  Watch Lee play and look at Vick film and you will see the same player.  Drew is the better pro QB while Lee may be the better college QB.  Both of their worst decisions were not made in any game but on national signing day when they signed with FSU instead of other programs. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have to leave Xavier Lee in the game, this is just insane « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools