Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have to leave Xavier Lee in the game, this is just insane « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Runole

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 05, 2007, 04:16:25 PM

Are all the Drew and Bowden bashers ready for that huge helping of Crow?  This is why FANS should never be considered for decisions made by football teams.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 05, 2007, 06:06:16 PM

Are all the Drew and Bowden bashers ready for that huge helping of Crow?  This is why FANS should never be considered for decisions made by football teams.

cmon.  he played one great game and all of the sudden people forget he's 18-10 in his career.  i dont think had any pressure at all.  drew is a decent QB.  he's a real good QB when he has no rush.  if the OL can block that well of the rest of the season fsu can celebrate. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 06, 2007, 11:42:44 AM

So you honestly believe that positions shouldn't be earned in practice?   Do you not believe that players improve with practice?

I love X- Lee's physical potential but his game smarts and ability to grasp the play book leave a lot to be desired. It is all up to Lee to dedicate himself to the game if he is to get playing time in the future.  Personally, I believe he has skated for the last 3 years and not put forth enough effort to see the field.

As long as the Offensive line can pass and run block any QB  can improve in his decision making and execution. FSU's line in the past few years has been horrible but it appears the Trickett factor is starting to pay off.  Still a long way to go but certainly FSU is making progress.

Oh and it would be INSANE to keep X- Lee on the field given his propensity for unforced errors.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 06, 2007, 08:59:50 PM

I watched FSU for the first time this year vs BC... was impressed with Weatherford. I was watching it with a FSU fan and he said the OL has been awful, I think Weatherford could be a top QB his senior year...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 07, 2007, 09:59:03 AM

I watched FSU for the first time this year vs BC... was impressed with Weatherford. I was watching it with a FSU fan and he said the OL has been awful, I think Weatherford could be a top QB his senior year...

Good game by Weatherford but he'll never be a top QB. Watch, the next game he'll blow a turd like usual. We've seen what Drew is, he's been given the chance. You have to let Lee work it out the rest of the year to prepare for the future.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 08, 2007, 06:19:43 PM

Some people still refuse to look at the facts.  When the Oline was bad and couldn't run block or pass block Drew was poor.  The games where he gets average run and pass blocking not only does he have a good game but the RB has a good game. 

Why bring up Drew's 18-10 record but fail to mention what the golden child, Lee's record is?  Drew is the better QB and has been since he arived at FSU.  Put an average line out there and the job will get done.  Drew has done far more with that team then Lee does when he gets on the field.  At least Drew gives them a shot to win the game.  All Lee does is give the other team a shot to win the game in the fourth quarter.  I don't know what game some people watch.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have to leave Xavier Lee in the game, this is just insane « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools