Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sources: Vikings Expected to Trade Moore « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 12, 2007, 10:42:06 AM

I think if they traded for Moore, they would not just be looking at him as a half season rental and let him go.  He's young enough and productive to keep in the system to grow.  Considering that Cadillac's long term return is in question and Pitt is getting older and potentially a FA, the Bucs will want a back they will want not just for this year, but the future as well.  Moore would be a nice replacement skill wise for Pitt.  I do think they'll go after Turner in the off season in which they wouldn't have to return a pick and he would have entire off season instead of a few weeks to get engrossed in the offense.

Crockett is the kind of acquisition that is a patch.  If the Bucs trade a pick for a RB, that player is going to be one they feel has a future beyond 2007 in Tampa.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 12, 2007, 04:47:16 PM

I think if they traded for Moore, they would not just be looking at him as a half season rental and let him go.  He's young enough and productive to keep in the system to grow.  Considering that Cadillac's long term return is in question and Pitt is getting older and potentially a FA, the Bucs will want a back they will want not just for this year, but the future as well.  Moore would be a nice replacement skill wise for Pitt.  I do think they'll go after Turner in the off season in which they wouldn't have to return a pick and he would have entire off season instead of a few weeks to get engrossed in the offense.

Crockett is the kind of acquisition that is a patch.  If the Bucs trade a pick for a RB, that player is going to be one they feel has a future beyond 2007 in Tampa.

Bingo, if we pick up Moore it's likely to be as Pittman's replacement

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 12, 2007, 05:41:54 PM

I think if they traded for Moore, they would not just be looking at him as a half season rental and let him go.  He's young enough and productive to keep in the system to grow.  Considering that Cadillac's long term return is in question and Pitt is getting older and potentially a FA, the Bucs will want a back they will want not just for this year, but the future as well.  Moore would be a nice replacement skill wise for Pitt.  I do think they'll go after Turner in the off season in which they wouldn't have to return a pick and he would have entire off season instead of a few weeks to get engrossed in the offense.

Crockett is the kind of acquisition that is a patch.  If the Bucs trade a pick for a RB, that player is going to be one they feel has a future beyond 2007 in Tampa.
Exactly,where the hell did those other Posts come from....I never heard of those people...they must think the sun rises and shines on Allens butt...and boy would I EVER LOVE TO PLAY POKER WITH ALL YOU GENIUSES....I COULD REALLY USE THE MONEY.
      The sad thing is if he gets to cute we can lose Moore to another team...how many good players have we gotten  with a 4th rd pick in the last 1O years...right now Allens being far to frugal with a 4th rd pick....seems gunshy ...we can't get everything at Walmart prices Bruce...stop the nonsense and get the deal done for gods sakes.

Bucz108

Starter

#33 : October 12, 2007, 06:02:20 PM

How about a 6th that turns into a 5th based on incentives?  And turns into a 4th if the Bucs re-sign Moore to a contract extension?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 12, 2007, 06:22:09 PM

Exactly,where the hell did those other Posts come from....I never heard of those people...they must think the sun rises and shines on Allens butt...and boy would I EVER LOVE TO PLAY POKER WITH ALL YOU GENIUSES....I COULD REALLY USE THE MONEY.
      The sad thing is if he gets to cute we can lose Moore to another team...how many good players have we gotten  with a 4th rd pick in the last 1O years...right now Allens being far to frugal with a 4th rd pick....seems gunshy ...we can't get everything at Walmart prices Bruce...stop the nonsence and get the deal done for gods sakes.

Before the cruxifixation of Allen goes too far - how you know the Vikings are insisting on a #2 or something else that is out of line - exactly how much of a premimum are you willing to pay?  I would offer this bc Allen, former NFL exec of the year, assuredly has played "poker" with GMs, agents, coaches and players at levels you and I could only dream of.  So before you go to calling incompetent let us know how much inside absolutely certain info you have on the status of Allen's discussion about obtaining Moore - or anyone else for that matter Pat.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Capt Tripps

Second String

#35 : October 12, 2007, 06:30:43 PM

My sig is a "Stand" reference, but also a poker reference.  Trust me 4Bucs....you DON'T want to go head to head with me on a no limit hold'em table.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 12, 2007, 06:50:52 PM

My sig is a "Stand" reference, but also a poker reference. Trust me 4Bucs....you DON'T want to go head to head with me on a no limit hold'em table.
Him scared...

::)

Capt Tripps

Second String

#37 : October 12, 2007, 06:55:06 PM

Meh!  Doesn't matter if he is or not.  One thing to discuss football, another to call out a poker player.  Not trying to be a jackass.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 12, 2007, 07:14:22 PM

Back to football - where is sounds like everyone has a little jackass going on - just a reminder, the current buccaneer GM has won the NFL exec of the year award.  I suspect he plays his version of "poker" very well - bc he peers found him to be the best in the business a year or so ago.  So unless he has forgotten how to negociate, intimidate, bluff, cajole, encourage, discourage - and every other tactic used - well I suspect he is good at it, and while willing to pay a premimum price, he is not willing to get raped by some other GM.  More than that, I suspect he has talked to the HC and his staff, as well as the owners - explaining his thoughts and plans and getting consensus amoung that portion of the "TEAM". 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 12, 2007, 08:19:12 PM

4th is reasonable they shouldnt push thier luck with him

Formerly known as Revis Islander

gone

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 12, 2007, 08:42:20 PM

Before the cruxifixation of Allen goes too far - how you know the Vikings are insisting on a #2 or something else that is out of line - exactly how much of a premimum are you willing to pay?  I would offer this bc Allen, former NFL exec of the year, assuredly has played "poker" with GMs, agents, coaches and players at levels you and I could only dream of.  So before you go to calling incompetent let us know how much inside absolutely certain info you have on the status of Allen's discussion about obtaining Moore - or anyone else for that matter Pat.

That's a Freudian slip if I ever saw one.  Like nuns dbuc?

:)

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 12, 2007, 08:47:27 PM

A 4th is reasonable given first that the Bucs are leading the division right now, and also that the Vikings are not out of it.  They would be trading a player to get nothing in return for this season.

LA BUC

Starter

#42 : October 13, 2007, 01:41:03 AM

If we can get Bell take him at least he is fast.         

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 13, 2007, 01:45:37 AM

If we can get Bell take him at least he is fast.

ture

Formerly known as Revis Islander

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 13, 2007, 03:10:04 AM

Its been posted by Scotty who has inside info that we offered a 6th an d they came back with a request for a 3rd and that was right after Cadillac went down.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sources: Vikings Expected to Trade Moore « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools