Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Will Beat UCF by 14+ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 14, 2007, 10:09:58 PM

I made no reference to NCAA requirements. The school should monitor these guys and if they are not attending classes, then they should be disciplined. This particular athlete is not a Rhodes Scholar and has shown some questionable decision making (see arrest in Sarasota last summer) and thus should be particularly monitored.

Here you go genius.  Theres my quote.  I didn't say he should be kicked out of school.  I said that he had grade/qualifying issues (he did) and I said he made some questionable decisions (3 citations in just over a year for the SAME violation is a pretty good example).  And if he had a court date, he should have been there and missed the class (talkig to his professor of course) or attempted to change the court date.

As for the suspension for the FAU gem because he missed class(es).  If he continues to miss class(es), then he should be sent packing.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 14, 2007, 10:30:32 PM

He's being monitored and punished as deemed appropriate by the law and by the coaches. I disagree with your assessment that he should be sent packing for missing classes. Earning a scholarship and paying for classes are the same thing. I had to join the army to pay for school. I'd have loved to have had a scholarship but I didn't so I worked and chose the military route. I missed some classes because I had to balance several things. If the military didn't mind then I don't think the ncaa should mind. Each teacher establishes the rules to their class. Some say, hey, if you can pass my class without showing up, you're an adult and I don't mind. Some say, don't miss any more than 3 classes. As long as he doesn't violate the terms of his scholarship or team rules then he will stay on the team. Even if he drops below grades he can still keep working to bring his grades up to requalify. Right now, he's done nothing that was even close to getting him kicked off the team. Stop trying to pretend he has.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 14, 2007, 10:56:01 PM

Again I didn't say he's done anything to be kicked off the team yet.  Stop putting words in my mouth.  You have no argument here.  The coaches obviously felt he did enough to be suspended for a game so if he continues to miss classes, then send him packing.  I don't care what the professors say.  If he flunks out it effects the team not the professors.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 14, 2007, 11:13:21 PM

If he doesn't go to class, they should kick his butt out of school.  Anyone can show up to class.

That's what you said. I'm tired of discussing it. He's not going anywhere.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 14, 2007, 11:16:33 PM

And if the trend continues, then they should send him home and not waste their time on him.

Keep fishing. 

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 14, 2007, 11:54:37 PM

And if the trend continues, then they should send him home and not waste their time on him.

Keep fishing. 

What?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 15, 2007, 07:51:46 AM

Keep fishing.

What?

What?  You having trouble reading now.  I said that if he continues to miss classes, then he should be kicked out not that he should be kiciked out now.  Again you have no argument on this.  He belongs in class.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 15, 2007, 10:11:51 AM

Olaf do you have a hard time reading?  You said "If he doesn't go to class, they should kick his butt out of school.  Anyone can show up to class."  I do not see anything in that sentence about yet or if it continues.  It took you an entire day and many posts later to add the words if it continues.  Nobody should be kicked off the team for missing a few classes if their grades stay up.  If he misses class and his grades fall he will be gone.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 15, 2007, 10:19:58 AM

Olaf do you have a hard time reading? You said "If he doesn't go to class, they should kick his butt out of school. Anyone can show up to class." I do not see anything in that sentence about yet or if it continues. It took you an entire day and many posts later to add the words if it continues. Nobody should be kicked off the team for missing a few classes if their grades stay up. If he misses class and his grades fall he will be gone.

Hey jack--.  It's a message board.  Sorry I couldn't explain it in great detail with the first post and that I didn't follow it up immediately.  But if you want to talk about reading skills and get technical about it.  Check your Freshman English book under the term "tenses - present, future, and past".  I didn't say if he "didn't" go to class.  I said if he "doesn't".  Which would imply present and not what had already occurred.

I've also made my stance more than clear since that first post so you should have a pretty good idea on where I stand.

Now do you want to keep arguing semantics or you want to drop it since neither of you can make a reasonable argument against what I said.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Will Beat UCF by 14+ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools