Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CLAYTON AND STOVALL? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

: October 12, 2007, 11:12:10 AM

Group,

I just posted a new Pewter Insider column on the front page of www.pewterreport.com. Here is a link to the article along with the teaser.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/3459

"What has happened to Bucs wide receivers Michael Clayton and Maurice Stovall? Why haven't they been more productive from a pass-catching standpoint? Will they start seeing more playing time anytime soon? Pewter Report provides answers to these questions in this Pewter Insider column."

If you're not already a Pewter Insider subscriber, you can become one today by calling 1-800-881-BUCS(2827) or clicking on the link below:

https://www.pewterreport.com/subscriptions

Enjoy!

simmstheanswer

Starter

#1 : October 12, 2007, 12:00:09 PM

great article. fans today are so stat oriented, constantly spewing numbers that mean absolutely NOTHING in the long run. watch the games, listen to the players, hear what the coach has to say, and you will actually be able to see the FULL value of a player. it's more than box scores, and real fans know that.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 12, 2007, 12:36:58 PM

Just win, baby!

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#3 : October 12, 2007, 01:07:11 PM

Clayton is a bust...   I never heard of the other guy.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 12, 2007, 01:31:05 PM

great article. fans today are so stat oriented, constantly spewing numbers that mean absolutely NOTHING in the long run. watch the games, listen to the players, hear what the coach has to say, and you will actually be able to see the FULL value of a player. it's more than box scores, and real fans know that.
Wow. Catches, yards, and points mean nothing?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 12, 2007, 01:41:19 PM

Yeah, Clayton blocks real good. We know, already.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#6 : October 12, 2007, 01:51:55 PM

is that what i said? no, no it's not. don't misquote me, it adds nothing to your argument, only makes you look desperate. i said "mean absolutely nothing in the long run", and they don't. wins and losses are all that matter over a season.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7 : October 12, 2007, 07:17:32 PM

is that what i said? no, no it's not. don't misquote me, it adds nothing to your argument, only makes you look desperate. i said "mean absolutely nothing in the long run", and they don't. wins and losses are all that matter over a season.
So a wide receiver doesn't really need to be able to catch to make a mark for the team. If your team has wide receiver's that don't catch you won't win.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 12, 2007, 07:21:17 PM

So a wide receiver doesn't really need to be able to catch to make a mark for the team. If your team has wide receiver's that don't catch you won't win.

Ghost, I just circled today on the calendar - I agree with you.

Simms - I have no idea what point you are trying to make and I read your post a couple of times.  WRs have to catch the ball - and do other things like block, run good patterns...  But first of all they have to catch the ball.  Sorry - I guess I missed your point.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#9 : October 13, 2007, 05:31:37 AM

Individual stats are not as important as wins and losses in the NFL, although you wouldn't necessarily know that if you were listening to selfish wide receivers like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.

Those selfish, me-first, wrs are currently on 5-0 teams and both have been instrumental in their team's success. Not sure what the point was for bringing them up but I'd take either of those 2 "divas"over the "team player" wrs we currently have. Aside from Galloway, we have NOTHING at the wr position.

That is just my opinion, of course.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 13, 2007, 02:59:47 PM

Simms isn't the answer

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 13, 2007, 03:45:21 PM

its hilarious to hear people makes excuses for Clayton by talking up his blocking.  Let me spell it out for you: HE IS A MILLIONAIRE WR.  as such, his job is to catch the ball and make plays in the passing game.  We didn't draft him in the 1st rd to be an extra blocking TE.  any way you slice it, he's been a colossal disappointment the last 2 years.  i dont care if he decleats 3 guys a game on crack back blocks and makes "jacked up" every week.  I'd rather have a playmaking WR who can't block at all instead a physical blocking WR who doesn't contribute to the passing game whatsoever.  you think his great blocking is going to save his roster spot in the future?  cripes, thats like saying a 1st rd RB with a fumbling problem and terrible stats is doing well on blitz pickups.  or a having a highly touted DE that can't rush the passer worth a lick but he drops into pass coverage well on zone blitzes.  see what i mean?  those things are nice if you can do them in addition to fullfilling your primary job description but if you have stone hands all the highlight blocks in the world wont wash that away. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 13, 2007, 03:51:07 PM

If Clayton were a character in the old cartoon "Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer", he'd be one of the toys on the island of misfit toys.   

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 13, 2007, 04:57:06 PM

as for stovall, he's is a prime example of the media talking a guy up to be more than he is.  Tired legs????  Hitting the wall??  The guy is in his early twenties and he hasn't played any meaningful snaps since Notre Dame!  Basically, he is a slower less athletic Clayton, which doesn't do our offense any good.   

#14 : October 13, 2007, 05:01:01 PM

as for stovall, he's is a prime example of the media talking a guy up to be more than he is.  Tired legs????  Hitting the wall??  The guy is in his early twenties and he hasn't played any meaningful snaps since Notre Dame!  Basically, he is a slower less athletic Clayton, which doesn't do our offense any good. 

Yet, we drafted him in the 3rd round. Who's responsible for that?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CLAYTON AND STOVALL? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools