Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How's this for sick.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : October 12, 2007, 08:59:07 PM

Haynesworth is in a contract year and that big biscuit eat'in SOB will take his fat signing bonus to the bank and then stop at Golden Coral and shut it down while taking several plays off.

The Bucs (under Bruce Allen) are not likely to over pay for a Tackle like Haynesworth. You know that he will want BIG money.

What exactly is "overpaying"? The market determines what a player is worth. We cannot get a player in 08 for an 03 salary? Everyone will "overpay".

bklynbucs11

Starter

#31 : October 12, 2007, 09:23:16 PM

The Bucs have already targeted a couple of FA players for next season, and a defensive lineman IS on the list.

DTG, you must be talking about Tommie Harris. He's a target thats for sure, but I can't imagine that the Bears, cheap as they are, don't shell out a huge contract to keep him. If they don't though, we absolutely have to pounce.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 12, 2007, 11:57:25 PM

Haynesworth is in a contract year and that big biscuit eat'in SOB will take his fat signing bonus to the bank and then stop at Golden Coral and shut it down while taking several plays off.

The Bucs (under Bruce Allen) are not likely to over pay for a Tackle like Haynesworth. You know that he will want BIG money.

What exactly is "overpaying"? The market determines what a player is worth. We cannot get a player in 08 for an 03 salary? Everyone will "overpay".

"Overpaying" is apparently paying pro-bowl talent anything more than vet minimum

bucs1

Practice Squad
#33 : October 13, 2007, 02:18:29 PM

The Bucs have already targeted a couple of FA players for next season, and a defensive lineman IS on the list.

DTG, you must be talking about Tommie Harris. He's a target thats for sure, but I can't imagine that the Bears, cheap as they are, don't shell out a huge contract to keep him. If they don't though, we absolutely have to pounce.

I don't think that Harris is a free agent.  I looked up is contract and it expires in 2009.  Is he a free agent, maybe he has a voidable year?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 13, 2007, 02:35:47 PM

On ESPN the other day I heard the Titans cannot afford Haynesworth. Im guessing Robertson is going to be the likely target. Another guy to keep an eye on is Corey Williams

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How's this for sick.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools