Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I think Tatum Bell will be a Buccaneer and not Mewelde Moore « previous next »
Page: 1 2

RayJayinTBay

Hall of Famer

: October 12, 2007, 05:18:05 PM

Just my opinion on the situation but I think Bell will be a Buccaneer come next week and not Mewelde Moore.

Tatum Bell WANTS out of Detroit whereas Mewelde Moore has never expressed the same sentiments... Yes now both teams have very depthful backfields and the loss of either player won't hurt but the Buccaneers also have a very close contact with Rod Marinelli. The Bucs already know the asking price for Moore and the Bucs won't ever come close to giving up a first day draft pick for him (and if they do we are stupid), and although we don't know if the Lions will demand the same but I think the Bucs will end up with Bell because the Lions will most likely work with the Bucs to make this work because if Bell wants out, they most likely want him out too.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 12, 2007, 05:18:58 PM

Just my opinion on the situation but I think Bell will be a Buccaneer come next week and not Mewelde Moore.

Tatum Bell WANTS out of Detroit whereas Mewelde Moore has never expressed the same sentiments... Yes now both teams have very depthful backfields and the loss of either player won't hurt but the Buccaneers also have a very close contact with Rod Marinelli. The Bucs already know the asking price for Moore and the Bucs won't ever come close to giving up a first day draft pick for him (and if they do we are stupid), and although we don't know if the Lions will demand the same but I think the Bucs will end up with Bell because the Lions will most likely work with the Bucs to make this work because if Bell wants out, they most likely want him out too.

Do you think Mewelde Moore enjoys being inactive and third on the depth chart?

He wants out just as bad as Bell

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 12, 2007, 05:24:07 PM

I rather have Tatum Bell.  The guy has accomplished more then Mewelde Moore and is just flat out better.

Listen, i'd like to have either aboard since Graham/Darby/Crockett/Askew aren't scaring anyone(yet anyway), but I just think Bell is a better back.

People on these message boards(not just you guys, but it seems every board) get a name and stick with it.  Everyone wanted WR Yamon Figurs in the draft.  Now everyone wants Mewelde Moore as some even compared him to Westbrook.

Moore would be a nice addition as part as a 3 headed attack, but I feel that Bell has better starting ability.

Remember, the Bucs were looking to add Moore when Pittman was still healthy.  They were thinking of a 3 headed monster.  Now that we just have Graham, I think the Bucs are looking for a better back then Moore....which you will find in Tatum Bell.(4th or 5th round pick is all we give up in my opinion)

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 12, 2007, 06:08:52 PM

I'd rather have Moore - but if we could get this guy for a 6th round pick (no more), I wouldn't mind.

Not sure how anybody can expect Bell is better than what we have? Denver runs a zone blocking scheme - making all their backs look better than they are. Not a bad scheme - but pretty easy to overcome as you face better defenses - it constantly gets exposed in the playoffs.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

bklynbucs11

Starter

#4 : October 12, 2007, 06:15:44 PM

Bell is a solid back. He runs hard for someone thats supposed to be a "one-cut" back.

That said, we're not getting him.  Detroit traded Dre Bly for him. They are not letting him go for anything less than a 2nd. Especially considering Kevin Jones has never played a full 16 games.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 12, 2007, 06:24:21 PM

Bell puts the ball on the turf with frightening regularity, Moore does not.  Is Bell the beneficiary of the Denver Oline excellence or is he really better than Moore?  Just askin' on the last question.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Capt Tripps

Second String

#6 : October 12, 2007, 06:27:29 PM

Yeah but so did Tiki until Coughlin taught him to secure the ball.  Not saying Art is that good with our backs, but putting the ball on the turf shouldn't preclude us from looking at a guy.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 12, 2007, 06:38:29 PM

He's not worth a two. Like I said - everyone that's got extra RB's has them valued at "Gold Standard". Everyone that needs them must decide how close they are to being superbowl bound. If you aren't on your way (meaning if you aren't New England, Indianopolis Pittsburgh or Dallas) you aren't one RB away from the big one.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 12, 2007, 06:41:53 PM

We aren't talking looking Capt. - we are talking buying - and he puts is on the ground about once every 40-50 carries.  I suspect Denver took a shot at his problem, and now Detroit, and I would not be willing to give a 4th, 5th or any choice for a guy who hasn't figured out how to hold onto the damn ball after 3.5 years in the game.  Just sayin'

BB - who said a 2?   - unh - no. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 12, 2007, 06:47:20 PM

BB - who said a 2? - unh - no.

right here d :

Bell is a solid back. He runs hard for someone thats supposed to be a "one-cut" back.

That said, we're not getting him. Detroit traded Dre Bly for him. They are not letting him go for anything less than a 2nd. Especially considering Kevin Jones has never played a full 16 games.

If Marinelli think's we're dumb enough to follow his mistake he deserves to trade this guy ack to Denver for nothing...means they gave away Dre' Bly - starting to see some not very cool things about Mr Marinelli...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 12, 2007, 06:48:21 PM

I doubt Marinelli trades Tatum to the Bucs 9 days before he has to face them.

I am sure he wants them defenseless.  Tatum is not going to come to Tampa, just for that reason alone, IMO.

Capt Tripps

Second String

#11 : October 12, 2007, 06:52:31 PM

Not sure Rod would trade unless it benefited him.  He would ask for more than a 4th IMHO.  Besides just because a guy is unhappy doesn't mean the team will just give him away.  He's not T.O. or Keyshawn.  Meaning, even though he wants a trade, he's not a disruption to the team....yet.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 12, 2007, 06:58:43 PM

If he really wants out of Detroit that bad, bet Bell turns it up on the acting out scale as the trade deadline approaches. We'll see. Right now it's all a game of chicken with Bruce to see who blinks first. I wouldn't want to play him in poker.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 12, 2007, 07:01:18 PM

I doubt Marinelli trades Tatum to the Bucs 9 days before he has to face them.

I am sure he wants them defenseless.  Tatum is not going to come to Tampa, just for that reason alone, IMO.

For the right deal Rod would trade him - he is not starting the guy, and would like to get the pick(s) if he could - he is not going to the SB this year either - not even with CJ. 

Brooks 10/55

Second String

#14 : October 12, 2007, 07:26:16 PM

Yeah but so did Tiki until Coughlin taught him to secure the ball. Not saying Art is that good with our backs, but putting the ball on the turf shouldn't preclude us from looking at a guy.

It shouldn't? Our offense is too shaky to be giving away opportunities by turning the ball over. I'd rather have Moore due to his receiving ability and precedence for holding onto the football.

And by the way, everybody loved Warrick Dunn here. Moore is the same size as Dunn, but runs harder and catches the ball better....

You guys tell me
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I think Tatum Bell will be a Buccaneer and not Mewelde Moore « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools