Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I think Tatum Bell will be a Buccaneer and not Mewelde Moore « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Capt Tripps

Second String

#15 : October 12, 2007, 07:44:03 PM

Beggers can't be chosers.  Anyways my hope is that we don't have to give away a pick at all and miraculously our 4 guys we have get it done.  I know....as long as I'm dreaming I want a pony too.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 12, 2007, 08:20:14 PM

as far as It goes with me I want either of them soon before the deadline and fast

Formerly known as Revis Islander

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 12, 2007, 08:27:58 PM

unless its turner, I'm opposed to trading a day one pick for Bell, Moore or any other backup RB that we are considering.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 12, 2007, 08:33:56 PM

unless its turner, I'm opposed to trading a day one pick for Bell, Moore or any other backup RB that we are considering.
true very true

The Q

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 12, 2007, 08:35:37 PM

Bell would look good here, but I would want more than just this year from him.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 12, 2007, 08:38:23 PM

I doubt Marinelli trades Tatum to the Bucs 9 days before he has to face them.

I am sure he wants them defenseless.  Tatum is not going to come to Tampa, just for that reason alone, IMO.

BB - who said a 2? - unh - no.

right here d :

Bell is a solid back. He runs hard for someone thats supposed to be a "one-cut" back.

That said, we're not getting him. Detroit traded Dre Bly for him. They are not letting him go for anything less than a 2nd. Especially considering Kevin Jones has never played a full 16 games.

If Marinelli think's we're dumb enough to follow his mistake he deserves to trade this guy ack to Denver for nothing...means they gave away Dre' Bly - starting to see some not very cool things about Mr Marinelli...

Not sure Rod would trade unless it benefited him. He would ask for more than a 4th IMHO.  Besides just because a guy is unhappy doesn't mean the team will just give him away.  He's not T.O. or Keyshawn.  Meaning, even though he wants a trade, he's not a disruption to the team....yet.

I am sure he wants them defenseless.  Tatum is not going to come to Tampa, just for that reason alone, IMO.

For the right deal Rod would trade him - he is not starting the guy, and would like to get the pick(s) if he could - he is not going to the SB this year either - not even with CJ. 

Not to put too fine a point on it, but last time I checked the GM of DET was a Mr. MILLEN, not a Mr. MARINELLI...

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 12, 2007, 10:30:24 PM

Good point - maybe the "stupid" we're seeing has a more established trend line....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 12, 2007, 10:32:05 PM

I am sure he wants them defenseless. Tatum is not going to come to Tampa, just for that reason alone, IMO.

BB - who said a 2? - unh - no.

right here d :

Bell is a solid back. He runs hard for someone thats supposed to be a "one-cut" back.

That said, we're not getting him. Detroit traded Dre Bly for him. They are not letting him go for anything less than a 2nd. Especially considering Kevin Jones has never played a full 16 games.

If Marinelli think's we're dumb enough to follow his mistake he deserves to trade this guy ack to Denver for nothing...means they gave away Dre' Bly - starting to see some not very cool things about Mr Marinelli...

Not sure Rod would trade unless it benefited him. He would ask for more than a 4th IMHO. Besides just because a guy is unhappy doesn't mean the team will just give him away. He's not T.O. or Keyshawn. Meaning, even though he wants a trade, he's not a disruption to the team....yet.

I am sure he wants them defenseless. Tatum is not going to come to Tampa, just for that reason alone, IMO.

For the right deal Rod would trade him - he is not starting the guy, and would like to get the pick(s) if he could - he is not going to the SB this year either - not even with CJ.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but last time I checked the GM of DET was a Mr. MILLEN, not a Mr. MARINELLI...

I think we all get the gist.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 12, 2007, 11:32:01 PM

Personally I don't think we should trade for any back. I don't think anyone is going to let go anybody of any great value and will charge top dollar. Hold on to the picks and see what we can get in the draft/FA next year. It's not like we are SB this year. JMO. Now is as good as any to take ur lumps!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 13, 2007, 12:57:04 AM

Could go either way Spartan - I think everyone that has aan extra back - that will be a free agent (Moore, Turner, etc.,) is thinking they're in a position of strength. When the guys you aren't using (and are about to lose) find teams they can benefit - the market is determined by those with the need...

Just glad Bruce Allen is on our side.

Only emotion gets in the way - that's why I don't think Turner will be a Buc. The Charger front office thought they'd be in the thick of the superbowl hunt and refused a 1st rounder for Turner before the season. The guy that fired Marty is on the hot seat - and can't possibly afford to be held up to the ridicule of trading Turner now for less. That would be a sign of surrender that fan base would march on the owners box with torches and pitchforks!

Moore has no emotional hindrance - and Minny isn't gaining anything by holding on to him till seasons end - where he's free to negotiate.

If we get neither or anyone - I thinnk we'll ultimately be ok with the current RBBC.

Cool either way (this season) by me - by waiting we enter the Micheal Turner sweepsteaks with a wallet full of cash at seasons end - as my son say's - it's all good.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 13, 2007, 01:44:57 AM

which one??

#26 : October 13, 2007, 03:50:14 PM

Tatum Bell WANTS out of Detroit whereas Mewelde Moore has never expressed the same sentiments...

Nah I bet hes happy being inactive every sunday1

#27 : October 13, 2007, 04:08:32 PM

Just my opinion on the situation but I think Bell will be a Buccaneer come next week and not Mewelde Moore.

Tatum Bell WANTS out of Detroit whereas Mewelde Moore has never expressed the same sentiments... Yes now both teams have very depthful backfields and the loss of either player won't hurt but the Buccaneers also have a very close contact with Rod Marinelli. The Bucs already know the asking price for Moore and the Bucs won't ever come close to giving up a first day draft pick for him (and if they do we are stupid), and although we don't know if the Lions will demand the same but I think the Bucs will end up with Bell because the Lions will most likely work with the Bucs to make this work because if Bell wants out, they most likely want him out too.
The prison is getting full! Yah, let's give away a draft pick for a malcontent who's always on the injury list, and fumbles way too much. He's losing his job to an underachieving back who's career almost ended.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 13, 2007, 04:17:02 PM

If he helps your oponents - but has no affect on your team - then you have no need to move the malcontent (who fights with his offensive line).

I think we already know what our FO thinks about malcontents that mouth off about trades during the season - especially malcontents that mouth off without helping there team.

Nah, can't imagine the Bucs seeing a LOT of upside to Taylor.

But I could be wrong...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I think Tatum Bell will be a Buccaneer and not Mewelde Moore « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools