Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Free Agent's to Be « previous next »
Page: 1

RayJayinTBay

Hall of Famer

: October 12, 2007, 09:10:06 PM

QB
Rex Grossman heads this class (lol)

RB
Michael Turner
Julius Jones
Jamal Lewis
Fred Taylor (Can't remember, thought he got an extension but not sure)
Chris Brown (play him this weekend)

WR
Patrick Crayton
Bryant Johnson ( He's my choice, i likie him alot and think he has potential getting away from Fitzgerald and Boldin)
Bernard Berrien (Could be the speedster that we need)
Andre Davis (Looks good without Andre Johnson in his way)
Jerome Mathis (Here's our KR)

TE
LJ Smith (We dont need one)

DE
Jared Allen
Justin Smith
Terrell Suggs
Mike Rucker

DT
Albert Haynesworth
Randy Starks

LB (Dont need any)
Tedy Bruschi
Karlos Dansby
Demorrio Williams
Boss Bailey
Teddy Lehman
Kawika Mitchell

CB
Drayton Florence
Randall Gay

S
Mike Doss

bklynbucs11

Starter

#1 : October 12, 2007, 09:21:27 PM

Our #1 off-season move is simple - new WR coach. How the hell does Mann get a pass for so long? Franklin didn't. Neither did our DB coach, whose name I no longer remember. We have WR talent, but no one coaching them. If we get a good WR coach, then Davis or Johnson. Berrian would be great if we could bring in a coach that gets guys to catch the ball. But we've got enough drop problems here already.

Tommy Harris is a free agent as well and he would obviously be my choice, though Haynesworth is a damn good fit and we should have gotten him this offseason).

Mike Turner - not sure about him. I really want to see how Cadillac's surgery goes. Still think he's our Long-term 

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : October 12, 2007, 09:38:33 PM

Tommy Harris is a free agent as well and he would obviously be my choice, though Haynesworth is a damn good fit and we should have gotten him this offseason).

Is Tommy Harris really a free agent this offseason?  That would be awesome if he was and we were able to get him.  I think that when Harris is healthy, he is on of the best UTs in the league and he would be a perfect fit for our defense.  He's the closest thing to Warren Sapp that we could get.  I actually just looked up if he was while I was typing this and I found out he's a free agent in 2009. :(

tonilynn

Starter

#3 : October 12, 2007, 09:48:34 PM

How about Asante Samuel

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 12, 2007, 10:00:33 PM

QB
Rex Grossman- Good lord.  I believe Garcia will play next year.  The dude is playing at a top level and the only way I see him walking away is if the Bucs win the Super Bowl this year.  Ya know, going out on top, but going on the belief that the Bucs are a playoff team this year, I see Garcia playing next year.  We then have Gradkowski, the return of Simms, and the possibility of us using a first day pick on a QB.  I don't see us going free agent rout here.

RB
Michael Turner-I doubt Turner will want to resign with Chargers.  He will want to get a starting gig somewhere and won't come to Tampa to split carries with Cadillac Williams.

Julius Jones-He will probably go else where.  I think he'd very go somewhere he could start rather then split carries in Tampa.
Jamal Lewis-If he keeps playing good, the Browns may resign him.  I dont see him coming to Tampa to be #2.

Fred Taylor-Here's a guy who I think has a good chance to land in Tampa.  He wouldn't leave the state and could split carries with Cadillac.  Taylor may decide to retire, but I could see him signing with Tampa, especially considering the Bucs will likely get a back so the same thing doesnt happen next year in regards to injured backfield.  The Jags wont resign him with Jones-Drew.

Chris Brown-Could use him as a back-up but if he keeps playing well, the Titans probably will resign him.

WR
As for the WRs, guys like Crayton will get resigned.  But as for guys like Bryant Johnson, I like the idea, but getting a WR pretty much gives up on Clayton and Stovall.  I could see giving up on Clayton since the guy gets worse every year, but Stovall has to become the slot guy eventually or possibly be #2 behind Galloway.  If he doesnt work out, I say we should stay away from drafting WRs.  They dont seem to work out for this franchise.  The WR class is weak though, I'd rather stand pat.

TE
-Yeah we're fine with Alex Smith.

DE
Justin Smith will get franchised/re-signed.  As for Suggs, I think he's a linebacker and a DE in the 3-4 defense.  He will probably get resigned by Baltimore, but even so, he doesn't fit our scheme as a DE.  Plus, at LB, June and Ruud are young while Brooks eventual replacement is Quincy Black.

DT
Albert Haynesworth
Randy Starks

-I like either one, however Im liking the play of Peterson and Haye.

I think the rest of our D is fine, but yea we definetly have to work on that defensive line.

As for the cornerback situation, we will have Barber and Bucchanon.  I doubt we resign Kelly, so a nickelback will be needed.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 12, 2007, 10:15:05 PM

Badabing, Carnell isn't going to play next year.  And if he does, he will be less than effective.  Just a gut feeling.  He will need a year or two to get back to any kind of "good".

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 13, 2007, 03:06:23 PM

Quentin Jammer is a free agent as well
I'd like for us to pick up Chris Carr from Oakland. He isn't really a good CB, but he is very very fast corner that does PR/KR.
Also, I think we should pickup Patrick Crayton

signees
Crayton WR
Carr KR/PR
Moore RB
Jerome Mathis KR/WR

Suggs' isn't a FA anymore he got an extension

Pickup Corey Williams from Green bay through trade
trade up for brohm

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#7 : October 13, 2007, 03:13:53 PM

Two other free agents this offseason are Tony Romo making him the best FA QB, but he'll probably get an extension and either S Bob Sanders or TE Dallas Clark will be a free agent for the Colts depending on who the Colts use their franchise tag on.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 13, 2007, 05:25:57 PM

In the NFL 75% of these guys end up resigning with their same team.

If you have to ask how much Turner is going to cost, you can't afford him.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 13, 2007, 06:43:12 PM

Quentin Jammer is a free agent as well
I'd like for us to pick up Chris Carr from Oakland. He isn't really a good CB, but he is very very fast corner that does PR/KR.
Also, I think we should pickup Patrick Crayton

signees
Crayton WR
Carr KR/PR
Moore RB
Jerome Mathis KR/WR

Suggs' isn't a FA anymore he got an extension

Pickup Corey Williams from Green bay through trade
trade up for brohm

jammer got an extension as well

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Free Agent's to Be « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools