Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikes Chester Taylor. A bit loony. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: October 12, 2007, 10:43:11 PM

VIKINGS LOCKER ROOM TURNS INTO JERRY SPRINGER SHOW by Michael David Smith

More details have emerged regarding the fight that took place after Wednesday's Vikings practice, and it sounds like something out of Jerry Springer or pro wrestling.

Judd Zulgad of the Star Tribune reports that the fight broke out in the Vikings' locker room following Wednesday's practice. No one is saying what started it, but Zulgad reports that defensive end Erasmus James threw a punch that landed around running back Chester Taylor's right eye.

Taylor retaliated by throwing a chair, but he showed about as much accuracy as Vikings quarterback Kelly Holcomb has shown throwing footballs. Instead of hitting James with the chair, Taylor accidentally hit left tackle Bryant McKinnie, Zulgad reports. Taylor and McKinnie are good friends, and apparently the fight ended after that.

Zulgad reports that when Taylor appeared in the Vikings' locker room Thursday, he had a shiner underneath the eye. James has been added to the Vikings' injury report with a shoulder injury.

A Vikings spokesman said Thursday night the team would have no comment publicly, but seeing as coach Brad Childress and owner Zygi Wilf have stressed the need for personal accountability ever since the Vikings' infamous sex boat, it's safe to assume the coach and the owner have had quite a bit to say privately.
[/i]

Oh wait, it gets better...

NOT THE FIRST FIGHT FOR TAYLOR

In response to news of a brouhaha in Minnesota between running back Chester Taylor and defensive end Erasmus James, with some collateral damage to left tackle Bryant McKinnie, a league source tells us that this wasn't the first fight between Taylor and a teammate.

Per the source, Taylor and former Ravens tackle Orlando "Zeus" Brown got into a scrum the night before a game in 2004.

Taylor, we're told, was bragging about his relationship with one of Brown's friends.  Brown suggested that Taylor knock it off, and Taylor opted to run his mouth at the oversized lineman.

The jawing between the two of them continued, and a fight broke loose.

And the chair seems to be Taylor's weapon of choice.  Just as he reportedly threw a chair at James earlier this week, the source says that Taylor threw a chair at Brown.

Taylor had a reputation for being erratic and unpredictable in Baltimore, and it's apparently one of the reasons that the team didn't try to re-sign him when he qualified for unrestricted free agency.

"Taylor's crazy," said the source.  "He's a talented guy, but he's . . . real mouthy."
[/i]

Sounds like a guy the Bucs don't need...I wonder if the rumors about the Vikes trying to trade Chester to the Bucs were true?  If not, we at least know how the rumor got started...and I wonder if this affects how Childress views having a Mewelde Moore on his team.  If Taylor is one step from being in the doghouse, or suspended, having Moore is almost a necessity.  If not, it certainly drives his value up in the eyes of team coaches, and possibly management. :o

Just a side comment:  If Chester is willing to run his mouth to Zeus, you KNOW he will run his mouth to anyone.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 12, 2007, 11:15:29 PM

Turner has to be the target, has to be.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 12, 2007, 11:19:05 PM

Seems he likes picking on HIS offensive linemen too - he's mouthy AND stupid - "..gee Chester, sorry about your knee, I don't kow how Amobi got by me so fast...

Yeah - REAL bright future for this guy in the league (gives whole new meaning to the Not For Long monicker, eh).

interesting find Boid - Moore's looking a little better...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 12, 2007, 11:20:21 PM

Why would someone think Turner was the Target? That would tip off their fans that they've given up - especially since they turned down a first rounder...

I don't see that happening.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 12, 2007, 11:25:20 PM

Let me clarify, Turner has to be the target in FA this year.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 12, 2007, 11:26:21 PM

And to think, some people wanted to bring this lunatic in. Could you imagine him in our locker room?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 13, 2007, 12:35:53 AM

And to think, some people wanted to bring this lunatic in. Could you imagine him in our locker room?

people also wanted T.O. and Randy Moss, so what's your point?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 13, 2007, 12:37:25 AM

Let me clarify, Turner has to be the target in FA this year.

That I COMPLETELY agree with!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 13, 2007, 01:03:42 AM

people also wanted T.O. and Randy Moss, so what's your point?
Are you saying it is worth putting up with ...ahem...Chester Taylor and his antics, than it would be to put up with a rather sedate, pay cut taking Randy Moss?  Really, aside from mooning the Green Bay crowd, telling the Raiders organization to stick it (because they are terrible, and the FO is just as bad), and telling Daunte Culpepper to stop being a bonehead, and get him the ball on obvious plays where he should be getting the ball, and admitting to smoking pot, yet never getting a suspension, what has he done?  Teammates seem to like him.

T.O. is  amegatalent, but with prima donna attitude.

Chester Taylor is a nobody.

You put up with crap from stud athletes from time to time, not dud athletes.

#9 : October 13, 2007, 07:09:37 AM

Chester Taylor is a nobody.

You put up with crap from stud athletes from time to time, not dud athletes.

Bingo!!! This notion that every player in the lockerroom has to be a choir boy amazes me.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 13, 2007, 09:07:36 AM

Taylor isn't a nobody, he was 1500 yards of offense last year, but he's not enough of a somebody to bring that sort of coo-coo for Coco Puffs into your locker room.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 13, 2007, 10:13:41 AM

yeah people also wanted TO...and look what he's done this year compared to Taylor...A hell of a lot more. Like Boid said, you tolerate this stuff from stud athletes not the duds

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 13, 2007, 10:43:55 AM

Taylor isn't a nobody, he was 1500 yards of offense last year, but he's not enough of a somebody to bring that sort of coo-coo for Coco Puffs into your locker room.
I agree that he is productive.

BUt he isn't "bonafide" like Moss, or T.O.

Like you said, you don't tolerate this stuff from Chester Taylor.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 13, 2007, 01:50:43 PM

what does this have to do with Turner "being a target"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 13, 2007, 03:11:17 PM

what does this have to do with Turner "being a target"
(shrugs shoulders)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikes Chester Taylor. A bit loony. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools