Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are "we" (the fans) taking the Titans too Lightly? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: October 13, 2007, 12:16:28 AM

This Tennessee team is down right nasty. Their strengths are the same as our weak areas, too.
They "could" give us the woodshed treatment Sunday(?)

They remind me so much of the Jags, which we never have success against.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 13, 2007, 12:21:33 AM

I know I'm not...If I knew that our defense was going to show up with an above avg. effort (hopefully they will), then I would feel a lot better. Hopefully, the transistion from Peyton Manning to Vince Young has our D seeing "red meat."

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 13, 2007, 12:21:43 AM

We'll whip their ass.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 13, 2007, 12:22:20 AM

You might want to ask their fans the same question.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 13, 2007, 12:31:41 AM

does it matter if WE, the fans take them lightly?

the coaching staff and players are the ones that can't afford to take them lightly.

WE, the fans can run our mouths off all day long and it doesn't mean jack squat in the outcome of a game...

BP1

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 13, 2007, 12:37:47 AM

hi turbo! ur up late. How have u been?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 13, 2007, 12:39:34 AM

JavaBuc: "We'll whip their butt."

I hope you're right, but I just don't see it happening.
Tennessee's Defense is NASTY.
My money is on they're going to push our "O" around like Rag Dolls.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 13, 2007, 12:43:57 AM

JavaBuc: "We'll whip their butt."

I hope you're right, but I just don't see it happening.
Tennessee's Defense is NASTY.
My money is on they're going to push our "O" around like Rag Dolls.

why did they have such a hard time vs the Falcons last week if they are so nasty?

BP1

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 13, 2007, 12:57:51 AM

Also didn't the Falcons miss 3 FG attempts in that game? They should have won 22-20. The Titans were even playing at home coming off a bye week.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : October 13, 2007, 02:02:01 AM

I think Monte is pulling out his old Micheal Vick Defensive Game Plan from his files at One Buc Place.   With Vince Young you have a double threat - something the Bucs haven't seen yet this season.  To tell the truth, I think the Bucs started looking at this game before the Indy game - a foregone conclusion to be a loss.  I think these two teams are evenly matched, but the Buc's homefield advantage will be the difference.

Bucs 17-Titans 6.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 13, 2007, 02:50:47 AM

Maybe Bruce Allens taking them to lightly as he could have gotten a good RB the night we lost Cadillac and since lost Pittman ....for a 3rd or most likely a 4th rd draft choice...instead we sign a 35 year old FB thats been out of football and all the experts post that now we'll be in better shape to negotiate a deal for a rb...who we should have signed 2 weeks ago...are you kidding ....all this time wasted and we'll still have to give them at least a 4th rd pick ...that is if another team doesn't steal him from under our noses....we could have used him in this coming game....wake up Bruce your a lot better then this.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 13, 2007, 03:28:33 AM

Yeah, Bruce is clueless. Does he even know we need a RB? Isn't he on vacation in
Kennebunkport?

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#12 : October 13, 2007, 03:39:32 AM

Here's a couple articles about the Titans from this week about their great play on the road and their improved defense that hasn't allowed any points in the 4th qtr so far this seasons. If you ask me, the Titans are getting a lot of positive press this year, I don't think anyone is taking them lightly. They sound like a confident bunch right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmrHSKF328R0eKofVOJ.YGodsLYF?slug=ap-titans-roadwarriors&prov=ap&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsaYiTkDHNtCcb3.rEh5FEAdsLYF?slug=ap-defensivetitans&prov=ap&type=lgns

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 13, 2007, 04:51:27 AM

The Titans are 7-2 in their last 9 games. The losses are to the Colts and Patriots. Their strength on defense is against the run. Our ground game is a big ? right now and Garcia is not exactly overloaded with options to work with. Our OL and our D will have to stand up and make a statement that they are for real if the Bucs are going to win this one. If our ground attack stalls Garcia will have to do more than just avoid mistakes in order to win. The AFCS is our toughest assignment. We just might lose 2 or 3 of those games. The bright side is that the rest of our schedule is much more winable and our division is not very competitive right now. I would be surprised if Carolina or New Orleans manage a win this week. Atlanta plays the Giants Monday night so it depends on which team shows up.

If our ground attack can get it together, the Bucs can sweep the division. I know we got swept last year, but we were 5-1 in '05 and didn't have Jeff Garcia. 10 wins is a realistic goal for this team. 11 or 12 are possible but not likely. If we win this week, I will be very happy. The Titans are a good team and I am not taking them too lightly.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#14 : October 13, 2007, 05:09:17 AM

Titans will win!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are "we" (the fans) taking the Titans too Lightly? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools