Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: all of are draft picks for the next two years « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#30 : October 13, 2007, 10:32:20 AM

OUR chance to win is this year.  OUR team is old and will only get older.  I'm not certain we will have a shot next year.  Taylor would come in and provide what our defense needs most.  Garcia is the best Qb we have had in awhile he will be one year older and maybe in Trent Greens condition if he doesn't watch out.  Brooks is losing it and if we don't make a push soon all of them will be gone and we will be rebuilding again
1.) I appreciate you using "our".
2.) Our offense is old, but productive, and our defense isn't old anymore. Only 6 of our 25 defensive players on the roster are 30 years or older.
3.) Or instead of trading for Taylor, we can give Gaines Adams a year to develop and become a better, more consistent pass rusher, and then we will have one for years to come. More years and more production than if Jason Taylor were to play as long as Bruce Smith.
4.) Well, if we trade away all our 1st and 2nd rounders, we won't be able to draft a new quarterback for when Garcia goes down.
5.) Brooks is a little bit slower in coverage, and that's about it. He's old. That's why we use our draft picks to draft possible replacements.

Draft picks are alot more valuable than Jason Taylor and Michael Turner.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#31 : October 13, 2007, 10:33:45 AM

dumping 4 first day draft picks for an AGING vet and a solid #2 RB is not how you rebuild...you rebuild the team through FA and the draft...there are plenty of good WR's and DL in this years FA pool. Then you have the entire 7 rounds of the draft to add even more talent to your team...Don't piss away the next 2 seasons by dropping 2 firsts and 2 seconds on two players when you can get several players in several other positions to do the same, if not better

WE SUCK AT EVALUATING TALENT hence we suck at drafting.  So you are right we could get 7 players for the price of one of these and then we would have 7 guys that are ok and then they underachieve and get cut.  How are Clayton and Stovall doing for us?  What about Kenyatta Walker or Booger?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 13, 2007, 10:35:40 AM

Edit: P.S. "are" does not mean the same thing as "our".

Grammar Police i wasn't aware you were on duty

It really is pathetic. The "are," for "our," mistake happens a lot on this board.

I believe these children ourn't are future...

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 13, 2007, 10:36:43 AM

we picked up 2, count them 2 older players this year. Jeff Garcia and Kevin Carter...FROM FA...But the point is, you're going to bring in SOME older players to help the younger guys develope...you can't just make a team out of un proven rookies...it's not going to happen...And yes, we are in a rebuillding mode...If you were here the last two years you would see and understand that

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#34 : October 13, 2007, 10:37:41 AM

OUR chance to win is this year.  OUR team is old and will only get older.  I'm not certain we will have a shot next year.  Taylor would come in and provide what our defense needs most.  Garcia is the best Qb we have had in awhile he will be one year older and maybe in Trent Greens condition if he doesn't watch out.  Brooks is losing it and if we don't make a push soon all of them will be gone and we will be rebuilding again
2.) Our offense is old, but productive, and our defense isn't old anymore. Only 6 of our 25 defensive players on the roster are 30 years or older.
3.) Or instead of trading for Taylor, we can give Gaines Adams a year to develop and become a better, more consistent pass rusher, and then we will have one for years to come. More years and more production than if Jason Taylor were to play as long as Bruce Smith.
4.) Well, if we trade away all our 1st and 2nd rounders, we won't be able to draft a new quarterback for when Garcia goes down.
5.) Brooks is a little bit slower in coverage, and that's about it. He's old. That's why we use our draft picks to draft possible replacements.

We suck at drafting. Draft picks mean alot to many teams in the league we are not one of them. I'm sure you could draft better than our FO

We don't have a year to develop Gaines, and Brooks misses alot of tackles that he should make.. that he use to make.

Give what ever we have to away and get those guys in here and lets compete this year

Starter
#35 : October 13, 2007, 10:38:32 AM

dumping 4 first day draft picks for an AGING vet and a solid #2 RB is not how you rebuild...you rebuild the team through FA and the draft...there are plenty of good WR's and DL in this years FA pool. Then you have the entire 7 rounds of the draft to add even more talent to your team...Don't piss away the next 2 seasons by dropping 2 firsts and 2 seconds on two players when you can get several players in several other positions to do the same, if not better
WE SUCK AT EVALUATING TALENT hence we suck at drafting.  So you are right we could get 7 players for the price of one of these and then we would have 7 guys that are ok and then they underachieve and get cut.  How are Clayton and Stovall doing for us?  What about Kenyatta Walker or Booger?
Or what about Barrett Ruud or Tanard Jackson? What about Arron Sears or Jeremy Trueblood? Not every pick is going to be a gem. Every team has busts.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#36 : October 13, 2007, 10:40:09 AM

Jackson was a 4th round and we could have got Trueblood in the third, we majorly reached on that pick and you know it

We didn't really need Sears, Dan Buenning was a great LG we got in the 4th i believe.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#37 : October 13, 2007, 10:43:12 AM

i think with these two player we could hang with the Colts... Pass rush does alot for the cover 2.. and we would have more than 17 yards rushing

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 13, 2007, 10:46:01 AM

We suck at drafting. Draft picks mean alot to many teams in the league we are not one of them. I'm sure you could draft better than our FO

We don't have a year to develop Gaines, and Brooks misses alot of tackles that he should make.. that he use to make.

Give what ever we have to away and get those guys in here and lets compete this year

Okay...really you should stop typing. Or quit thinking one of the two, because either of them aren't working real well for you today...DRAFT PICKS MEAN NOTHING??? Are you serious??? Lets just go right ahead and Piss away the next couple of seasons potential playoff and or superbowl seasons for Jason Taylor and Michael Turner? Do you have any common sense at all? what about logic? if you do, you should probably try to use some of each right now. Maybe they'll change your mindset a bit, but I doubt it

Again, next time you have a thought...Let it go

Starter
#39 : October 13, 2007, 10:50:59 AM

i think with these two player we could hang with the Colts... Pass rush does alot for the cover 2.. and we would have more than 17 yards rushing
Did you even watch the game? The way Indy's front four penetrated through the front line, not even LT could gain more than Pittman or Graham did. And as for the pass rush side of it, Peyton has only been sacked twice this season. You really think jason Taylor would have completely turned that around?

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#40 : October 13, 2007, 10:51:34 AM

Lets just go right ahead and Piss away the next couple of seasons potential playoff and or superbowl seasons.....

You actually think we have potential for the playoffs in the next couple of years???

We have to find a QB and teams with young QBs usually don't thrive.

Our team is good this year as we were in 2005 but remind me how we were with a rookie Qb and no pass rush?

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#41 : October 13, 2007, 10:54:02 AM

Yes i did watch it.  The reason our Offense sucked was because we were down by 14 early.  And we weren't even close to Manning most of the day.  He had forever to throw most plays.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 13, 2007, 10:54:21 AM

Lets trade all out draft picks for the rights to players who don't want to play for us...

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#43 : October 13, 2007, 10:55:04 AM

Boid makes the first vaild point of the day.. but i think Taylor wouldn't mind jumping off a sinking ship and San Diego still has more problems than they show

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 13, 2007, 11:00:42 AM

Yes i did watch it.  The reason our Offense sucked was because we were down by 14 early.  And we weren't even close to Manning most of the day.  He had forever to throw most plays.

OMG ...1 or 2 more sacks and 70+ yards of rushing would NOT have made a difference in that game...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: all of are draft picks for the next two years « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools