Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS PROMOTE GATES, RELEASE DARBY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

: October 13, 2007, 05:46:50 PM

PewterReport.com is reporting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers made a pair of roster moves Saturday, promoting RB Lionel Gates from the practice squad to the active roster and releasing rookie RB Kenneth Darby.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 13, 2007, 05:47:21 PM

Well, that's interesting

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 13, 2007, 05:49:55 PM

Not sure about this one.  It's not like we're going from no experience to experienced in terms of NFL game action from Darby to Gates.  Seemed that Darby showed more skill and ability during the pre season.  Hopefully Graham can handle the bulk with Crockett maybe getting some work in as well.

As much as they may not want to, the Bucs will have to make a trade for a back to finish the season up with.  They can't bank on holding the fort until Pitt returns late in the season.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 13, 2007, 05:51:24 PM

Oh God!  Now we have to hear about how great "K-Darbs" is and how he just needs a chance.  The guy has ZERO speed...Live with it!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 13, 2007, 05:52:31 PM

Oh well. They obviously didn't like what they saw from Darby.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#5 : October 13, 2007, 05:54:07 PM

I'm confused with this one. I thought Darby was a better runner then Gates, Plus if Gates was better then wouldn't he be on the practice squard or on someone's else team?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 13, 2007, 05:56:00 PM

I'm confused with this one. I thought Darby was a better runner then Gates, Plus if Gates was better then wouldn't he be on the practice squard or on someone's else team?

Obviously Darby is the better back.  Gruden wants the worst players on his team and better ones on the practice squad just to show what he can do with bad players.  Damn his arrogance!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 13, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

It was a clerical error. The FO was actually reporting that they had signed Lars Tate, not Lionel Gates.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 13, 2007, 06:00:23 PM

Maybe Darby has failed some kind of test. If you know what I mean!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 13, 2007, 06:05:48 PM

WOW...I thought Darby looked good in preseason.  We are in really deep trouble if Mr.August is carrying the load.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 13, 2007, 06:08:38 PM

WOW...I thought Darby looked good in preseason.  We are in really deep trouble if Mr.August is carrying the load.

DID YOU reall think darby was going to add something..i been gates makes a couple of plays sunday

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 13, 2007, 06:12:27 PM

WOW...I thought Darby looked good in preseason. We are in really deep trouble if Mr.August is carrying the load.

DID YOU reall think darby was going to add something..i been gates makes a couple of plays sunday

I thought he did a very good job in preseason, and like MANY Buccs fans I thought he would contribute.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 13, 2007, 06:17:16 PM

Has to be more to this story, the team could have just signed Gates to the active roster rather then promoting Darby, Makes you wonder if he missed a meeting or he has not improved any from training camp and the pre-season till now.

Since he was on the practice squad, you would think he was showing up for five weeks, but to cut him in favor of Gates who the team did not want around after the final cut down makes you wonder if there is more to this story.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 13, 2007, 06:18:12 PM

Personally as you already know, I never saw what others saw in Darby. Maybe he'll show something here or elsewhere in the future.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 13, 2007, 06:21:14 PM

Seems strange when you think how this went down, Gates was a street free agent the team could have signed the same week the promoted Darby and Dennis Roland rather then waiting a week, me thinks that someone might have missed a team meeting or has some other kind of trouble going on.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS PROMOTE GATES, RELEASE DARBY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools