Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS PROMOTE GATES, RELEASE DARBY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 13, 2007, 06:39:03 PM

Like I said, no help.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 13, 2007, 06:39:27 PM

The Vikings were said to have asked for a first-day draft choice (First-, Second- or Third-round) in return, to which the Bucs said, “No thanks.”

The Bucs have supposedly offered a sixth-round draft pick.  The Vikings are holding out for a first-day pick.  According to Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune, “If the deal goes down

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 13, 2007, 06:39:40 PM

Fresh - maybe it is time to get Insider access.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 13, 2007, 06:40:40 PM

so much for Darby being that diamond in the rough.

We need to acquire Tatum Bell or Mewelde Moore before the deadline.

We can't have Graham, a pratice squad/unemployed RB in Gates, along with two fullbacks(Crockett/Askew) be our ball carriers.  We will have no running game.  I have faith in Garcia, and we will probably still make playoffs without a running threat, but we won't go far with no running game in the playoffs..

#34 : October 13, 2007, 06:41:26 PM

A link doesn't help. A link is just a report. I was asking if you knew what "we" (aka The Bucs) offered for Moore.

Unless one is sitting in on the conversation, none of us can confirm what was offered for Moore..... and that includes the PR boys.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 13, 2007, 06:41:58 PM

BTW, it is interesting to read this article in light of the cutting of Darby:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20071012/NEWS/710120442/1343/SPORTS

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 13, 2007, 06:42:19 PM

Unless one is sitting in on the conversation, none of us can confirm what was offered for Moore..... and that includes the PR boys.

Very good. A gold star for you!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 13, 2007, 06:42:25 PM

Seems strange when you think how this went down, Gates was a street free agent the team could have signed the same week the promoted Darby and Dennis Roland rather then waiting a week, me thinks that someone might have missed a team meeting or has some other kind of trouble going on.

Yep, some not football issue- drug test, meeting problem, something that explains why this is done on a Saturday.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#38 : October 13, 2007, 06:43:41 PM

Wow!  On Sat. The game is tomorrow. What did Darby do, fall down in the walk thru? [banghead]

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 13, 2007, 06:45:14 PM

Wow! On Sat. The game is tomorrow. What did Darby do, fall down in the walk thru? [banghead]

who knows but I think this is a sign we are going to make a trade for Bell or Moore preferably Bell

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 13, 2007, 06:46:47 PM

Fresh - maybe it is time to get Insider access.
Maybe, just maybe. I defintely will when the offseason starts

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 13, 2007, 06:48:40 PM

"Ken Darby's going to get an opportunity, and obviously for a young back at this stage in his career, it's a great challenge," Bucs coach Jon Gruden said. "But opportunity only knocks so many times, and you've got to answer the door. Ken Darby's going to do that for us."

Guess not...

http://www.theledger.com/article/20071012/NEWS/710120442/1343/SPORTS

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

LA BUC

Starter

#42 : October 13, 2007, 07:21:31 PM

Good move I think Gates is ready to be our feature RB. He has the size and has real good hands out of the backfield.  Looks like there is no need to trade away draft picks for a RB we don't need or want like Moore or Turner.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#43 : October 13, 2007, 07:20:04 PM

Here's why I think that we released Kenneth Darby:  I think that that Bucs didn't want to play Darby tomorrow and have him have a big game because if we trade for another running back this week, we'll have to release him.  Another team will pick him up when we do that, so he won't have an opportunity to be put back on to the practice squad.  Now, we can keep him on the practice squad and have Lionel Gates play this week and eventully release Gates when we trade for another back.  Gates is probably the back that the Bucs least want, so we are o.k. with letting him go while Darby gets to stay with the team.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#44 : October 13, 2007, 07:58:24 PM

Most likely he was putting the ball on the carpet or dropping passes.   You don't release a guy you've brought along unless he looks like a basket case.   
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS PROMOTE GATES, RELEASE DARBY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools