Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS PROMOTE GATES, RELEASE DARBY « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

buckit

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 14, 2007, 11:50:49 AM

Usually I try to stand behind the HC's decision.  But this makes no sense.  Darby had great upside.  This is a huge mistake, IMHO.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#76 : October 14, 2007, 02:04:58 PM

Buck it - no way can you make that case. You have only his sophmore season at Alabama to make that case.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#77 : October 14, 2007, 02:19:15 PM

I can't wait to hear the reasoning.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#78 : October 14, 2007, 02:29:46 PM

I can't wait to hear the reasoning.

If you are expecting to hear it directly from Gruden or Allen, don't hold your breath.

The most logical reasons though are that he had a better grasp of the playbook (having been on the practice squad last year) or Darby was still struggling in some area critical to Gruden's game plan (i.e. blitz pick-up).

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#79 : October 14, 2007, 04:13:55 PM

We'll still win today

Told ya! Did it against a GREAT defensive line and without Moore, Bell, or Turner.

And AD had a monster game. Starting to look like a trade could happen closer to what the Bucs want it for.

Less pressure on Bruce to overpay in order to bring in a RB. More pressure on Vikes to get some value for a guy they will never use - and ultimately lose - this year.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#80 : October 14, 2007, 04:15:34 PM

Graham was horrible, that's for sure.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#81 : October 14, 2007, 04:25:08 PM

Graham was pedestrian - but we beat a good AFC team. These guys only lost to Indy by 1 point.

There goes the "..the Bucs can only beat bad teams..." argument....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#82 : October 14, 2007, 04:43:37 PM

Graham made some decent plays...no back would have been great today against the Titans

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#83 : October 14, 2007, 04:45:00 PM

we need to run on detroit

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#84 : October 14, 2007, 05:44:29 PM

FWIW - I don't mind getting Moore - just don't need to sell the farm. Take a look at the schedule and the losses of QB's to those on our upcoming schedule. I count only 5 more losses...and I'm not much of a look ahead guy.

Go ahead, do yourselves a favor, take a look and see what you come up with...

bucs1

Practice Squad
#85 : October 16, 2007, 04:38:54 PM

Here's why I think that we released Kenneth Darby: I think that that Bucs didn't want to play Darby tomorrow and have him have a big game because if we trade for another running back this week, we'll have to release him. Another team will pick him up when we do that, so he won't have an opportunity to be put back on to the practice squad. Now, we can keep him on the practice squad and have Lionel Gates play this week and eventully release Gates when we trade for another back. Gates is probably the back that the Bucs least want, so we are o.k. with letting him go while Darby gets to stay with the team.

Haha. Let's be serious here. The Bucs wouldn't risk losing a game to the Titans just so they could protect a pratice squad Running back.....

If Darby showed something in pratice, then he would be the guy dressing on Sundays, but he was probably SO BAD in pratice that the Bucs went with Lional Gates...

We, as fans, dont know nearly as much as the coaches/people at the pratices. We just go by madden ratings and names.....

But to my initial point, the Bucs want to win. If Darby was good, he woudnt have been released...

WHAT?!?!?

Are you serious?  The team needs to put itself in best position to win every game.  They cannot afford to hide a "better" player on the practice squad, especially at position where we are critically thin, starting our third string back.  A strong performance by any of our backs against the Titans would only strengthen our chances of getting a better trade deal.  If we don't have any success running the ball, teams will suspect the Bucs are still desperate to find someone, anyone that can run the ball and will be much more reluctant to lower their asking price.  If by chance Darby were to light it up, it would have still been possible to keep him on the roster even if we traded for some other player simply by releasing someone else like Crockett.

As for what Caddy24 said, why can't what he said be true?
Maybe it could be

if Matt Millen were the Bucs GM.  And no, I will never utter those words in the same sentance again.

I guess that I wasn't too far off after all...

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#86 : October 16, 2007, 04:46:56 PM

OK, what's the lotto number?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#87 : October 16, 2007, 05:07:17 PM

Here's why I think that we released Kenneth Darby: I think that that Bucs didn't want to play Darby tomorrow and have him have a big game because if we trade for another running back this week, we'll have to release him. Another team will pick him up when we do that, so he won't have an opportunity to be put back on to the practice squad. Now, we can keep him on the practice squad and have Lionel Gates play this week and eventully release Gates when we trade for another back. Gates is probably the back that the Bucs least want, so we are o.k. with letting him go while Darby gets to stay with the team.

Haha. Let's be serious here. The Bucs wouldn't risk losing a game to the Titans just so they could protect a pratice squad Running back.....

If Darby showed something in pratice, then he would be the guy dressing on Sundays, but he was probably SO BAD in pratice that the Bucs went with Lional Gates...

We, as fans, dont know nearly as much as the coaches/people at the pratices. We just go by madden ratings and names.....

But to my initial point, the Bucs want to win. If Darby was good, he woudnt have been released...

WHAT?!?!?

Are you serious?  The team needs to put itself in best position to win every game.  They cannot afford to hide a "better" player on the practice squad, especially at position where we are critically thin, starting our third string back.  A strong performance by any of our backs against the Titans would only strengthen our chances of getting a better trade deal.  If we don't have any success running the ball, teams will suspect the Bucs are still desperate to find someone, anyone that can run the ball and will be much more reluctant to lower their asking price.  If by chance Darby were to light it up, it would have still been possible to keep him on the roster even if we traded for some other player simply by releasing someone else like Crockett.

As for what Caddy24 said, why can't what he said be true?
Maybe it could be

if Matt Millen were the Bucs GM.  And no, I will never utter those words in the same sentance again.

I guess that I wasn't too far off after all...

Nice play Cadillac24 - we got/placed the players we wanted - it only looked confusing to the rest of us - you were all over this one!

buckit

Hall of Famer

#88 : October 16, 2007, 07:41:02 PM

When we hold our breath for ONE good move from our RB, we're in s***sville.  Graham is not a starter.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#89 : October 16, 2007, 08:51:44 PM

Well we'll have a guy we can feature for power up the gut (Graham), We have two RB/FB that can lead block, run, catch (Askew, Crockett), and we'll have a shifty back that can turn the corner (Bennett). We're fine - this year. Great pick up - all the way around.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS PROMOTE GATES, RELEASE DARBY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools