Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway's Effort on the Deep Ball « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #30 : November 14, 2006, 11:17:52 AM »

But option the Bucs have had players (veteran or young guys) fail to execute so many years on offense with constant change on offense from year to year.  At what point do you say enough is enough?

One more season brother. Gruden gets one more season. After next year I will no longer support the man if he can't get this offense into at least decent shape. I want us to be at least in the middle of the league in terms of offense, probably a hair above and then I will give him another year after that.

I would agree with you but with the way things are unfolding I do not see Gruden being the head coach into 2007. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #31 : November 14, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »

I think that 1st deep ball was on Galloway. I thought one of the other deep balls was poorly thrown, but Clayton COULD have made the catch. It looked like he was in poor position to make the catch and perhaps Gradkowski threw it to a spot where Clayton wasn't.

The ball to Clayton was poorly thrown.  He released it too late, slightly over threw Clayton and the pass was too much down the inside, plus Grads was staring him down.  Any decent safety in the NFL would have made that interception or at least broken the play up.

The Galloway interception was a high risk pass that was slightly off line, but why was Gruden going deep on 3 and 1 in FG range.  

gone

Hall of Famer
« #32 : November 14, 2006, 11:22:40 AM »

I think that 1st deep ball was on Galloway. I thought one of the other deep balls was poorly thrown, but Clayton COULD have made the catch. It looked like he was in poor position to make the catch and perhaps Gradkowski threw it to a spot where Clayton wasn't.

The ball to Clayton was poorly thrown.  He released it too late, slightly over threw Clayton and the pass was too much down the inside, plus Grads was staring him down.  Any decent safety in the NFL would have made that interception or at least broken the play up.

The Galloway interception was a high risk pass that was slightly off line, but why was Gruden going deep on 3 and 1 in FG range. 

He was going for the homerun.  Catch 'em sleeping.  He's not the only coach to take that shot, happens fairly often.  And based on how open we were getting downfield, it was a decent call.  Not the best, not conservative/safe, but it would have been crushing had it been successful.  Even an incomplete and you still get 3.  This is where we get to why the running game is not working too.  Complete passes like that and the line gets less stacked.  I think that may have had something to do with that call too.

It's not like we are able to run for one yard on third either...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #33 : November 14, 2006, 11:31:26 AM »

God knows if he dove he would have exploded into little bits when his fragile body hit the ground...

Maybe it was for the best that he didn't lay out for that pass.

It isn’t just the lack of a dive at the end of the run, but the run and route wasn’t that great.

The ball was in the air a long time but Joey was very late cutting back to the flight of the ball, and he didn’t seem to have the burners on IMO. He eventually missed the ball by a yard or two, so a little more effort or slightly better angle would have easily been enough to get the ball.

Yeah, it does look like he could have cut underneath a bit more and made a play on it, but he kept his current angle and missed completely. Who knows, maybe he lost it in the lights or something.... but i doubt it.

It really looked to me like he had a slight stumble or twitch when he was going to change angles and it threw off his timing.  Who knows anymore.  I still believe we should have traded him early this season to the Pats, Jags, or Bears.

Orangegone1

Starter

« #34 : November 14, 2006, 11:31:45 AM »

I remember when he dove for a pass a few years ago against Washington. It might have been his first game as a Buc. He was out pretty much the whole year. It was either a hamstring or groin that was injured very badly. He might still have problems with that injury eventhough his straight ahead speed is still there.

« #35 : November 14, 2006, 02:05:59 PM »

Great Posts by Red Alert & OrangeGone1...Those are my thoughts...He had the defense beat by 5+ yards...I would not classify this as a Galloway mistake or lack of effort....When running fast it's very hard to dive diagonally & try to make the play....I rather him not try it than to try it, not get the completion & then get injured just like it happened in the first game of the 2004 season....Face it, He was the ONLY playmaker last night (on offense)...well Hilliard had a nice game...& I still support Gradkowski...he had gotten that 1st down right before fumbling...He gives you 100+ % ...Some of those passes that got intercepted were questionalble calls in my opinion...

WILLBLEE

Starter

« #36 : November 14, 2006, 12:13:57 PM »

Looked to me Galloway touched it with his left hand, or was close to touching it.
If he had slowed or leaned, the catch was there.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #37 : November 14, 2006, 12:22:42 PM »

So do we take the kid out of georgia tech?He is a freak!

WILLBLEE

Starter

« #38 : November 14, 2006, 12:28:46 PM »

We may be high enough in the draft to take him, sad to say.
But I dont think any WR will improve our O right away.
I'm a poet an didnt know it.

So do we take the kid out of georgia tech?He is a freak!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #39 : November 14, 2006, 01:06:46 PM »

Have you ever tried running straight ahead at full speed then turning at the last minute? Galloway might have been within diving reach if he was running across the field, but his momentum going more downfield wouldn't allow it..

DeadmenTNT

Starter
« #40 : November 14, 2006, 01:24:20 PM »

I saw it the same as RedAlert. Galloway was running as fast as possible just to catch up to the ball. By the time he did that he realized the ball was also offline by a good five yards and couldn't make that adjustment. Grads needed a little more air on that throw. Even on some of his long throws, he throws more of a line drive type ball. Not a lot of margin for error or adjustment on the receiver's part.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #41 : November 14, 2006, 01:40:40 PM »

I saw it the same as RedAlert. Galloway was running as fast as possible just to catch up to the ball. By the time he did that he realized the ball was also offline by a good five yards and couldn't make that adjustment. Grads needed a little more air on that throw. Even on some of his long throws, he throws more of a line drive type ball. Not a lot of margin for error or adjustment on the receiver's part.

I actually went back at halftime and watched the play from all the camera angles in slow motion.  The ball was in the air a long time and Galloway look back and saw the line well before the ball arrived.  He didn’t make the right adjustments and he didn’t seem to be going flat out.  He only missed the ball by a yard or two in the end, so it wouldn’t have taken much to get his hands on it.  The pass wasn’t good but it wasn’t awful either.  Galloway is showing signs of aging and his legs are fading IMO.   The WRs need to start helping the rookie QB a little, 5 drops for God’s sake.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #42 : November 14, 2006, 01:45:17 PM »

I actually went back at halftime and watched the play from all the camera angles in slow motion. The ball was in the air a long time and Galloway look back and saw the line well before the ball arrived. He didn’t make the right adjustments and he didn’t seem to be going flat out. He only missed the ball by a yard or two in the end, so it wouldn’t have taken much to get his hands on it. The pass wasn’t good but it wasn’t awful either. Galloway is showing signs of aging and his legs are fading IMO. The WRs need to start helping the rookie QB a little, 5 drops for God’s sake.

Have you ever played football with pads on, mjs? If you have you'd realize that adjusting your direction while running full speed isn't easy. How do you know when Galloway saw it? Was there a camera on his eyes? And body languge isn't an indicator my friend, because that's always subjective...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #43 : November 14, 2006, 02:07:04 PM »

It appeared on TV that he looked back, and it also appeared he wasn’t going flat out.  Maybe Joey is just starting to show his age and he has lost a little motivated because of the way the season is going.

We have seen the best of Joey Galloway IMO.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #44 : November 14, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »

It appeared on TV that he looked back, and it also appeared he wasn’t going flat out. Maybe Joey is just starting to show his age and he has lost a little motivated because of the way the season is going.

His name is Joey Galloway, not Joey Moss...

It was a bad throw.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway's Effort on the Deep Ball « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools