Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway's Effort on the Deep Ball « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: November 14, 2006, 01:07:29 AM

When I was watching the game I tought that the first deep ball to Galloway wasn't a terrible pass. It seemed like it was there if Galloway stuck his arms out or made any effort at all. Anyone else see that play that way or was that a camera angle trick?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : November 14, 2006, 01:08:00 AM

Effort? He didn't make an effort.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 14, 2006, 01:08:38 AM

I thought the same if he layed out for that it was catchable-- maybe not but I thought the effort sucked as well as the pass.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 14, 2006, 01:10:17 AM

From every angle they showed, the ball was a little long, but Galloway also didn't sell out to make the catch.

#4 : November 14, 2006, 01:10:41 AM

Agree on this one with ya Dal.  No effort, not even a dive.  The vets need to give the rookies all the help they can.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 14, 2006, 01:12:11 AM

I agree, I thought he should have at least dove.  But Joey is a prima donna #1 with some quiet to him.  He expects the ball to be there, and if his feet can't get him there, you don't ever see him diving.

But he should have dove, he would have had it.

Either way, that might have been the only td they scored anyway...

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 14, 2006, 01:14:49 AM

I've mentioned this before.  Joey runs his routes and if it aint in his hands, he aint gonna dive.  Started yelling about it.  That said, the wife thought it was way outta range so maybe it was, trust the woman :P

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 14, 2006, 01:15:41 AM

I've mentioned this before. Joey runs his routes and if it aint in his hands, he aint gonna dive. Started yelling about it. That said, the wife thought it was way outta range so maybe it was, trust the woman :P

BAH!!!!

My woman said all was fine until the mid third QTR...

I will give her that...

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : November 14, 2006, 01:19:28 AM

Joey hasn't given the extra effort to dive for passes this year, but I do remember him making a spectacular diving one-handed catch against WAS last season, so you know he's capable. So what's his problem now???

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 14, 2006, 01:22:50 AM

Joey hasn't given the extra effort to dive for passes this year, but I do remember him making a spectacular diving one-handed catch against WAS last season, so you know he's capable. So what's his problem now???

35 year old body, 2-6 team.....why dive for it? Just a guess.

BTw, I wasn't even sure he had to dive, my angle looked like put your arms out and he might have had a shot.

The thing is it wasn't just this game Dal.  I put this up in week 5, there've been deep balls in every game that he hasn't "tried" for.  Even in NYG.  Any of those can change a game, and a game can change a season...
well, not anymore...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 14, 2006, 01:42:14 AM

The ball was a little long and it looked like he stumbled slightly as he was trying to cover that last two yards, which threw him off

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 14, 2006, 07:50:03 AM

Apparently Gruden chewed him out for lack of effort:

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGB8FEGVHUE.html

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 14, 2006, 08:01:12 AM

I was screaming as well. It was a call he should have caught.

watson

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 14, 2006, 08:35:54 AM

The bad part is it wasn't just this play.  He got alligator arms later in the game.  Also Alex Smith didn't give much effort on the pass across the middle that should have been an easy catch for a first down.  Not to mention that early drop by Clayton or Alstott late in the game in the red zone.  As has been said, the Rookie needs all of them to make max effort.  Even the broadcasting crew mentioned how many drops the receivers have had this year.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 14, 2006, 08:56:21 AM

When I was watching the game I tought that the first deep ball to Galloway wasn't a terrible pass. It seemed like it was there if Galloway stuck his arms out or made any effort at all. Anyone else see that play that way or was that a camera angle trick?

Galloway did not make a good effort another pass over the middle either.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway's Effort on the Deep Ball « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools