Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway's Effort on the Deep Ball « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #15 : November 14, 2006, 09:29:01 AM »

Dal, you're absolutely correct, Galloway seemed like he gave up on the pass and pulled up short. I too thought it was catchable for a man that fast, hell he could've have dove and caught the ball in the endzone.

What makes me mad about that play is it resulted in the first INT later. Grad had Galloway deep but he took something off the ball instead of throwing it into the endzone. Grad will never get his timing with Galloway right if Galloway doesn't give 100% on every pass.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #16 : November 14, 2006, 09:31:57 AM »

Grad will never get his timing with Galloway right if Galloway doesn't give 100% on every pass.

Absolutely 100% true. There's no way a QB, especially a raw rookie with only a few starts under his belt and virtually no reps in TC, can learn to throw to a guy consistently if the guy he's throwing to isn't consistent.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #17 : November 14, 2006, 10:15:57 AM »

The lack of effort by our receivers is something that's stuck out for me this season.  It's not just Galloway either.  I seem to recall another play that jumped out earlier in the season where Clayton didn't play de facto defensive back like he should have to avoid the int.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #18 : November 14, 2006, 10:21:07 AM »

Galloway is showing his age a little and we can’t presume he will continue to be the number one WR for much longer.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #19 : November 14, 2006, 10:22:23 AM »

Galloway is showing his age a little and we can’t presume he will continue to be the number one WR for much longer.

It had nothing to do with age when he did not show any effort.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #20 : November 14, 2006, 10:25:58 AM »

It had nothing to do with age when he did not show any effort.

Maybe his legs are losing a bit of “burst”, and he is worried about pulling a hammy.  Joey is great running vertical and using his speed, but when your legs start to go you lose the ability to make moves and little bursts of speed.  I honestly think that is starting to happen with Joey, and there has been evidence of it in the last few weeks.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

« #21 : November 14, 2006, 10:26:45 AM »

I agree on the lack of effort early in the game.  We had a family discussion about_"are they only gonna give 100% for Chris?"  Do the receivers feel Grad is a threat for Chris' job?

It looked like Joey could have taken a step to the right and at least stuck both arms out.

wtmcgee

Starter

« #22 : November 14, 2006, 10:31:50 AM »

God knows if he dove he would have exploded into little bits when his fragile body hit the ground...

Maybe it was for the best that he didn't lay out for that pass.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #23 : November 14, 2006, 10:36:04 AM »

God knows if he dove he would have exploded into little bits when his fragile body hit the ground...

It isn’t just the lack of a dive at the end of the run, but the run and route wasn’t that great. 

The ball was in the air a long time but Joey was very late cutting back to the flight of the ball, and he didn’t seem to have the burners on IMO.  He eventually missed the ball by a yard or two, so a little more effort or slightly better angle would have easily been enough to get the ball.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #24 : November 14, 2006, 10:39:38 AM »

Failure of this magnitude requires a team effort

wtmcgee

Starter

« #25 : November 14, 2006, 10:46:37 AM »

It isn’t just the lack of a dive at the end of the run, but the run and route wasn’t that great. 

The ball was in the air a long time but Joey was very late cutting back to the flight of the ball, and he didn’t seem to have the burners on IMO.  He eventually missed the ball by a yard or two, so a little more effort or slightly better angle would have easily been enough to get the ball.

Yeah, it does look like he could have cut underneath a bit more and made a play on it, but he kept his current angle and missed completely.  Who knows, maybe he lost it in the lights or something.... but i doubt it.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #26 : November 14, 2006, 11:11:29 AM »

I think that 1st deep ball was on Galloway. I thought one of the other deep balls was poorly thrown, but Clayton COULD have made the catch. It looked like he was in poor position to make the catch and perhaps Gradkowski threw it to a spot where Clayton wasn't.

Really we'll never know. What I do know though is that there were opportunities to make plays out there last night. If the guys we are putting on the field can't do it, we need new players. It isn't really that much of a coaching issue. Gruden got guys open last night and called good plays and the players simply didn't execute. Call for the player's heads after that game because they are the ones who lost it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #27 : November 14, 2006, 11:13:39 AM »

But option the Bucs have had players (veteran or young guys) fail to execute so many years on offense with constant change on offense from year to year.  At what point do you say enough is enough?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #28 : November 14, 2006, 11:14:46 AM »

But option the Bucs have had players (veteran or young guys) fail to execute so many years on offense with constant change on offense from year to year.  At what point do you say enough is enough?

One more season brother. Gruden gets one more season. After next year I will no longer support the man if he can't get this offense into at least decent shape. I want us to be at least in the middle of the league in terms of offense, probably a hair above and then I will give him another year after that.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

« #29 : November 14, 2006, 11:16:45 AM »

Dal, you're absolutely correct, Galloway seemed like he gave up on the pass and pulled up short. I too thought it was catchable for a man that fast, hell he could've have dove and caught the ball in the endzone.

What makes me mad about that play is it resulted in the first INT later. Grad had Galloway deep but he took something off the ball instead of throwing it into the endzone. Grad will never get his timing with Galloway right if Galloway doesn't give 100% on every pass.
Plus it must be hard for Grads to hit Galloway since Galloway hardly ever has to practice b/c of his advanced age. 
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway's Effort on the Deep Ball « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools