Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs closing in on first pick in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: November 14, 2006, 01:32:30 AM

Other teams showing signs of life. Bucs look dead in the water. Gradkowski now throwing balls where they can be intercepted. I guess that's an improvement over throwing where nobody can catch them.  Hard to say.He must have had some really outstanding receivers in Toledo. Batted passes once again an issue. Tripping over his own feet has become his trademark move. Turnovers killed us.

I keep looking for some signs of improvement. When something good happens, I now believe it's just dumb luck. Gruden's just blowing smoke. Gradkowski is just blowin'. He's not the answer. McCown has to be better than this. Problem is, Gruden is too pig-headed to even try him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 14, 2006, 01:47:06 AM

We've moved up to number 4 according to GBNReport.com

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

Huey Freeman

Starter

#2 : November 14, 2006, 03:22:09 AM

McCown hasn't taken a meaningful snap in over a year.  If you are going to criticize anything, you can point to the lack of a quality backup QB coming into the season.  But your idea of playing McCown is a little obtuse in my opinion.  When you are a coach, you always do your best to put your players in a position to succeed.  Sadly, our best chances of winning are probably with a rookie sixth round pick.  It's a dark day in Tampa Bay. 

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 14, 2006, 03:41:37 AM

According to that, the Bucs' opponents have the second best winning percentage in the entire NFL. Only the Titans have faced a harder schedule so far. That's not going to give the Bucs the edge in many tie breakers.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 14, 2006, 03:46:23 AM

Looking at the Bucs' schedule, I really only see 2 more games that I think they have a good chance to win. Those games are this coming week against Washington (first time starter) and against Cleveland. That would put the Bucs at 4-12. With that record, they should be close to a top 5 pick.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

TDTB

Second String

#5 : November 14, 2006, 03:57:29 AM

Teams always have a couple of suprise wins.

Well not always, maybe.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 14, 2006, 07:25:45 AM

its all experiance for the young guys i dont even care at this piont, i just want to see the young guys play better each game and come back next year

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 14, 2006, 08:38:35 AM

According to that, the Bucs' opponents have the second best winning percentage in the entire NFL. Only the Titans have faced a harder schedule so far. That's not going to give the Bucs the edge in many tie breakers.

That's why I was REALLY hoping the Titans would beat the Ravens, so our SOS would go down.  So not only should we be rooting for Arizona/Detroit/Oakland to win, we also need to root for everyone we play this year to lose.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 14, 2006, 08:43:20 AM

We have already had our "couple" of surprise wins. Any additional wins would have to be considered shocking. Washington looks to be our only reasonable opportunity to get in the W column. With Gradkowski becoming more and more like Simms (minus the armstrength and accuracy), I really don't expect much. It's great that he is quick to make decisions. It would be better if some of those decisions were good ones. They're not. He plays more like a rookie each week. He is supposed to show some signs of progress, not regress. If your primary receiver has double or triple coverage, somebody somewhere is wide open. Use your mobility to gain some time to look around and find someone with their arms in the air and alone.

Maybe after Tiki retires he will give the Bucs a siminar on how to hold on to the ball.

This season is already in the toilet. Rotate any and all backups into the lineup. We need to sort through our options so we know who to keep and who to let go.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 14, 2006, 08:44:54 AM

haha, we have had a couple miracles. This weekend will be our only legit chance to win IMHO. We have 3 road games in december and it will be freezing in Cleveland.

Baghead #2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : November 14, 2006, 08:51:04 AM

McCown hasn't taken a meaningful snap in over a year.  If you are going to criticize anything, you can point to the lack of a quality backup QB coming into the season.  But your idea of playing McCown is a little obtuse in my opinion. When you are a coach, you always do your best to put your players in a position to succeed.  Sadly, our best chances of winning are probably with a rookie sixth round pick.  It's a dark day in Tampa Bay. 
You mean like constantly using the 3 step drop with Simms vs. the deep ball and Gradkowski?

#11 : November 14, 2006, 09:08:32 AM

I really only see 2 more games that I think they have a good chance to win. Those games are this coming week against Washington (first time starter) and against Cleveland.
If history continues the same way, the 'Skins will win -- the Bucs have a bad habit of making rookies, first-time starters and returned-from-retirement QBs look close to All-Pro level...............

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 14, 2006, 09:11:53 AM

Other teams showing signs of life. Bucs look dead in the water. Gradkowski now throwing balls where they can be intercepted. I guess that's an improvement over throwing where nobody can catch them.  Hard to say.He must have had some really outstanding receivers in Toledo. Batted passes once again an issue. Tripping over his own feet has become his trademark move. Turnovers killed us.

I keep looking for some signs of improvement. When something good happens, I now believe it's just dumb luck. Gruden's just blowing smoke. Gradkowski is just blowin'. He's not the answer. McCown has to be better than this. Problem is, Gruden is too pig-headed to even try him.

McCown is worse.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : November 14, 2006, 09:31:00 AM

McCown is worse.
How the hell do you know? Gruden had a serious mancrush on McCown before he did Gradkowski. Are you forgetting that?

bluetick

Practice Squad

#14 : November 14, 2006, 09:40:59 AM

Looking at the Bucs' schedule, I really only see 2 more games that I think they have a good chance to win. Those games are this coming week against Washington (first time starter) and against Cleveland. That would put the Bucs at 4-12. With that record, they should be close to a top 5 pick.

WAS is a good shot at a win, first time starter, no Portis. Thing is they will run and pound the ball so if you DL guys don't get right in a hurry that might be ugly.

CLE at CLE will be tough.

No game is a sure win. Washington is the only ray of hope on the schedule due to the above conditions. But Washington has one of the best Olines in the NFL. Betts is still a very good RB. He would even start on some teams that don't have a Portis. If Wash runs the ball on us, we have young dline with banged up starters, do you think we will win? I don't think so. Running the ball will increase their time of procession, and our offense does so little with the chances they do get. Limit those and we will lose, I know it is at home, but it is also a short week to prepare..... KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED. This team might go without a win the rest of the stretch. Answer me this, Which would you place your money on, them losing or winning?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs closing in on first pick in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools