Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs closing in on first pick in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 14, 2006, 09:42:49 AM

Other teams showing signs of life. Bucs look dead in the water. Gradkowski now throwing balls where they can be intercepted. I guess that's an improvement over throwing where nobody can catch them.  Hard to say.He must have had some really outstanding receivers in Toledo. Batted passes once again an issue. Tripping over his own feet has become his trademark move. Turnovers killed us.

I keep looking for some signs of improvement. When something good happens, I now believe it's just dumb luck. Gruden's just blowing smoke. Gradkowski is just blowin'. He's not the answer. McCown has to be better than this. Problem is, Gruden is too pig-headed to even try him.

McCown is worse.
How the hell do you know? Gruden had a serious mancrush on McCown before he did Gradkowski. Are you forgetting that?

McCown is not going to light it up.  Gradkowski/Simms both young QB's have had their struggles and it would not be any different.  I am tired of the offense bringing in new players.  Maybe it is not the players maybe it is Gruden....

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 14, 2006, 09:42:50 PM

You have no way of knowing what McCown could do. He's been in the system a full year longer than Gradkowski and did well in the '05 preseason. He certainly can't do any worse than Simms and Gradkowski. He's tall enough to see over the line. He's mobile, intelligent, and has decent arm strength. I'm not saying to bench Gradkowski and give him the team.I'm just saying give him a series or two in each game to see if he's competitive. It won't stunt Gradkowski's growth any to watch the action from the sideline. It might even benefit him. I don't want to find out that he's a franchise QB when he's ripping up the league for another team.We have others who just might be an upgrade over the starters as well. It's happened before with other teams. Remember when Tom Brady replaced old whatshisname. This season is a lost cause. We need to see who we need to keep next year. We need to see who can compete.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 14, 2006, 09:57:57 PM

awesome.. another top 5 pick!

maybe a studd for the d

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs closing in on first pick in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools