Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Future QB to keep your eye on « previous next »
Page: 1

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
: October 14, 2007, 12:48:59 PM

Glen Dorsey :) unless we sign Haynesworth in the offseason.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

gharen

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 14, 2007, 12:19:41 PM

Stayed up late last night and watched Arizona St. play. I've heard there QB, Rudy Carpenter, was pretty good, but I had never seen him play before. After last night, he looks like a guy that could definately play in Grudens offense. He is very accurate, strong arm and I really liked his mobility. He scrambled but was always looking down field. Have any of you watched him much? What do you think of him?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 14, 2007, 12:22:56 PM

I was impressed with Andre Woodson yesterday.  He makes very good decisions for a young QB, and is very accurate.  Not sure he is a Gruden type guy but I am sure he has a bright NFL future.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 14, 2007, 12:26:38 PM

Woodson reminds me of a better at this stage in his career Jason Campbell. I doubt he will be around when we pick. I like Ryan from BC a lot also.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 14, 2007, 12:34:50 PM

Woodson reminds me of a better at this stage in his career Jason Campbell. I doubt he will be around when we pick. I like Ryan from BC a lot also.

I thought Campbell scrambled a lot more in college, or is my memory going?  I loved Campbell out of college, he would have been a great fit in Tampa.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 14, 2007, 12:38:46 PM

I don't really remember. Auburn has never been a team I cared much about watching. I do remember that he made a HUGE jump between his first 3 years and his senior year. He seems to be really starting to come around now for Washington.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : October 14, 2007, 12:39:58 PM

I like Matt Ryan. Actually, I love him (as a player). :)

gharen

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 14, 2007, 12:43:54 PM

I really wanted to watch Brennan the other night for Hawaii, but I forgot to TIVO it. I figure that Woodson and Brohm will probably be gone by the time we pick, but Ryan, Brennan and Carpenter might still be on the board. I think it would be great to draft a QB in the first this year and give the kid a chance to learn for at least a year from Garcia.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 14, 2007, 12:44:37 PM

The Redskins actaully traded their 2006 1st round pick for Jason Campbell at pick 27.. Pretty smart move for once by Snyder. I've been on the Woodson bandwagon before the season started and the guy has mad heart. Matt Ryan,Brohm,Woodson will all go in the 1st round.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 14, 2007, 12:55:50 PM

Sure if we don't have to trade up for him. For now
Ryan,Brohm,Woodson

Early Doucet WR LSU
Sedrick Ellis DT USC

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#10 : October 14, 2007, 01:20:02 PM

Stayed up late last night and watched Arizona St. play. I've heard there QB, Rudy Carpenter, was pretty good, but I had never seen him play before. After last night, he looks like a guy that could definately play in Grudens offense. He is very accurate, strong arm and I really liked his mobility. He scrambled but was always looking down field. Have any of you watched him much? What do you think of him?

He plays well but he's a cancer in the locker room. He has had issues with playing time and basically got his college coach fired because he staged a team mutiny after the other qb was named starter. The coach changed his mind and was fired for it, the other qb transferred and a promising season went down the tubes last year.

He's a talent but I wouldn't want the attitude on the Bucs,

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#11 : October 14, 2007, 01:21:06 PM

Oh, and he also had something similar in high school where he threatened to or actually moved if he wasn't named the starter so this isn't a one off thing.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Future QB to keep your eye on « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools