Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS is out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 15, 2007, 11:01:12 PM

Everybody in the nation tries to say that the Big East is a below average conference but what happened in last years bowls?  I believe the Big East was undefeated.

Louisville beat Wake Forest
West Virginia beat Georgia Tech
Rutgers beat Kansas State
South Florida beat East Carolina
Cincinnati beat Western Michigan

USF still has a long way to go this year.

I completely agree. I will be very disappointed if we don't finish it off. If we do finish it off and we get scewed somehow by the BCS then I'm going to be completely irate.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 15, 2007, 11:03:13 PM

Did any other BCS conference go undefeated?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 15, 2007, 11:09:13 PM

At this point I hope USF does win just so it'll prove that this horrible system needs a playoffs. A playoff system would eliminate an overrated school like USF. If you think USF could win weekly against a good opponent your crazy.

How do you know USF couldn't win in a playoff?  Isn't that why they play the games?  And if they did, would USC still get the trophy since USF is obviously overrated.

Funny thing is I see very few fans of teams that are actually in the mix whining.  Between here and a couple of other sites I see Notre Dame, FSU, Tennessee, Michigan, Alabama... a bunch of "traditional" power houses whose teams are completely out of any title game picture.  Sure sounds like bitterness to me.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 16, 2007, 07:51:16 AM

At this point I hope USF does win just so it'll prove that this horrible system needs a playoffs. A playoff system would eliminate an overrated school like USF. If you think USF could win weekly against a good opponent your crazy.

You are joking right?  Playoff competitions create more upsets than any other type of competition.  In a one off game any team could win, so the worst teams in the playoffs would have a shot against the top team.

Not sure what criteria would be used for the mysterious playoff system, but I presume winning the BigE and finishing in the top ten in the BCS would get a team in.  So a little hick program like USF would slip in the back door of the playoffs and get to the championship game anyway.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 16, 2007, 08:57:50 AM

I find it hard to see how people are bashing USF's program.  Is there really any wonder why USF is doing this well?  They are located in one of the hottest HS football locations in the nation with quality people running their program.  Kids like the fact that they can stay at home and play the game they love and parents like the fact that Leavitt will take care of their kid and turn him into a good man.  With FSU and UM being in turmoil USF will only get more of the instate players and continue their rapid rise to the top. 

Leavitt is not some poor mans coach that has done way to much.  He had offers from the old time programs but stayed to finish what he started and loves USF.  It is easy to see why USF has grown so fast and it is also easy to see why other programs and their fans find it easy to bash them.  USF started playing football while some of these people had already graduated college.  People find it hard to believe that a team can be this good this fast.  But the program was built the right way.  They built a fast D around players that other schools didn't even look at.  99% of the players on USF's roster have something to prove by being looked over and that makes them dangerous.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 16, 2007, 09:03:44 AM

^^^^^  BINGO

jakedakota

Starter

#36 : October 16, 2007, 10:27:37 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D@ Krazy.. sounds like you are just like DUEMIG.. You lost alot of $$$$ betting against USF...I love it.
The funny thing is you are probably a Goober who tries and tells us we have to root for the RAYS because they are in Tampa/St Pete.. Yet you will Bash the Bulls..
You and Freak have been wrong about the Bulls just like most of the GOOBER Radio Hosts and ESPN have been.. You will also be wrong about them Thursday..

How does that CROW Taste :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 16, 2007, 11:52:19 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D@ Krazy.. sounds like you are just like DUEMIG.. You lost alot of $$$$ betting against USF...I love it.
The funny thing is you are probably a Goober who tries and tells us we have to root for the RAYS because they are in Tampa/St Pete.. Yet you will Bash the Bulls..
You and Freak have been wrong about the Bulls just like most of the GOOBER Radio Hosts and ESPN have been.. You will also be wrong about them Thursday..

I have not bashed the Bulls at all.

Quit mentioning me, son.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 16, 2007, 03:33:39 PM

I am pretty sure that the Big East was the only conference to go undefeated.  I am not 100% sure though.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 16, 2007, 05:01:47 PM

i've actually won lots of money thanks to the bulls. it's always nice to see people jump on that bandwagon and line my pockets with money from buying their merchandise. not to mention how easy it is to sell a bulls ticket and make a profit. so idk where you got that from.

once again... got no problem with the bulls team. leavitt's a great coach.

it's a lot of their fans. listen to the radio lately? usf fans are making tampa look like the dumbest city on the planet.

case in point... YOU.

jakedakota

Starter

#40 : October 16, 2007, 08:40:08 PM

The Fans in front of FOX were right to BASH Jimmy Johnson for not knowing his stuff.. and he later addmitted it making him and You the Biggest Goobers in this Town.. As a matter of fact the Rest of the Country wishes they had a Team that was Number #2 in the Country. Tampa is now on the MAP for College because of it FANS.. You and FREAK just cant take it.. Too FUNNY ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nothing New

Go Bulls

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 16, 2007, 09:33:44 PM

I am pretty sure that the Big East was the only conference to go undefeated.  I am not 100% sure though.

the big east only played one team that ended up in the top25. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 17, 2007, 02:48:08 AM

Oregon should be top 5. I may be bias but almost everyone else is saying it. IMO they have the best offense in the country, and a defense that can play just well enough.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 17, 2007, 03:01:46 AM

Mandell from cnnsi.com has Oregon playing LSU in the NC game. I hope its true but playing LSU in Nawlins wouldnt be fun but having the chance to beat Les Miles and Gary Crowton would be awesome

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 17, 2007, 08:07:27 AM

The Fans in front of FOX were right to BASH Jimmy Johnson for not knowing his stuff.. and he later addmitted it making him and You the Biggest Goobers in this Town.. As a matter of fact the Rest of the Country wishes they had a Team that was Number #2 in the Country. Tampa is now on the MAP for College because of it FANS.. You and FREAK just cant take it.. Too FUNNY ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nothing New

Go Bulls
Quit lumping me in with this. I am a Bulls fan, just not one of the moronic ones, like you. I was a Bulls fan before they beat WVU this year, which is more than I can say for you.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS is out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools