Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS released « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 14, 2007, 06:28:31 PM

Rutgers will be a very tough test.  On the road, short week, conference game, and bullseye on their chest.   Scary game for the Bulls.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 14, 2007, 06:36:03 PM

USF is a great story. The press coverage will get more and more if they keep winning.
Good for them. They deserve it.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 14, 2007, 07:39:32 PM

Here are the teams Ohio State has beaten this year:

Youngstown State
Akron
Washington
Northwestern
Minnesota
Purdue (rank 23rd)
Kent State

Now thats a bunch of BS! They have played 1, ONE!! Top 25 team.....................Yeah #1 ranking my ass.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#33 : October 14, 2007, 07:41:01 PM

relax Dr.  start the rant late Nov.  They still have the toughest part of their sched remaining.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 14, 2007, 07:46:37 PM

Its the principal. The whole BCS is garbage!
The only reason they are #1 is becuase they are Ohio State.
I bet anything if it was a non-pre ranked team that had the EXACT same wins and no loses they would
not even be in the top 25!!!

BSC is stupid and yet people still live with it.
Mark my words USF is going to get screwed.
relax Dr. start the rant late Nov. They still have the toughest part of their sched remaining.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 14, 2007, 08:21:52 PM

Its the principal. The whole BCS is garbage!
The only reason they are #1 is becuase they are Ohio State.
I bet anything if it was a non-pre ranked team that had the EXACT same wins and no loses they would
not even be in the top 25!!!

BSC is stupid and yet people still live with it.
Mark my words USF is going to get screwed.
relax Dr. start the rant late Nov. They still have the toughest part of their sched remaining.

If the Bulls win out, they will most likely go to the title game. The Big East membership assures that they will be respected by the BCS. Boston College is likely to lose. It's about a 50% chance Ohio State will drop one (and may lose in 2 weeks against Penn State who plays OSU very well). LSU has a horrific schedule in front of them (including a possible SEC title game)... So the top 5 can be shaken up quite a bit and the Bulls can be sitting pretty at #1 as long as they go undefeated.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 14, 2007, 08:37:07 PM

When you actually have a minute check out the full standings. LSU is still higher than UK in the computer polling. Still scratching my head over that.

if that aint proof to the pathetic system in college ball than nothing is.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 14, 2007, 08:45:01 PM

USC lost to a team that wasn't even in the top 100 and they only fell 9 slots.

Yes it's obvious that these polls are biased towards teams that do well historically.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 15, 2007, 12:15:49 AM

You want a playoff system? Root for USF to win it all, then the big schools will **CENSORED** and moan so much that it will force the discussion all offseason to get a playoff system. If USF loses it lessens the chances that we will get a playoff system any time soon. This is possibly the most important run of any college team in recent history if you are looking for change because USF is in the Big East and the BCS has to recognize their success. Any of you who really care about a playoff system need to stop whining and get on the USF bandwagon. It's a fun bandwagon to be on and USF might be the reason we get a playoff system. Stop being haters and get on board!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 15, 2007, 07:23:15 AM

Stop being haters and get on board!

arent ya the guy that hates the bucs constantly?

those that live in glass houses.....

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 15, 2007, 07:35:28 AM

I saw the irony in that as well......LOL

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 15, 2007, 07:49:10 AM

Yes and he's starting to embarass us BUlls fans as well now.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 15, 2007, 08:47:15 AM

There is a difference between being a hater and attempting to look at an issue objectively.

I think the BCS are living in the hole that they have dug themselves in past years. To enable keeping the sexy teams up there in the top 5, I think they have followed the mantra that even if they don't play too well, they stay high. It is good for ratings and allows coaches to vote to fanagle bowl bids etc. Now, they simply cannot change their methods to keep USF out of there. That is also why OSU are #1. I won't name teams to avoid an argument of specifics, but I personally think that there are a number of teams that could quite easily beat USF. By easy, I don't mean rolling them over, just simply that it would come as no great surprise. In fact I would be pretty surprised if USF won.

USF being up there is just a result of the system IMO and they ought to ride it out and get as much out of it as possible. If that means a Championship game, good luck to them. It might be because of their meteoric rise, but I have to be 100% honest and say that if they do win it all, I would have a hard time considering them the best team in the country. JMHO.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 15, 2007, 08:53:46 AM

Oh dear sweet zombie jesus, anyone now see why the world needs a playoff system? USF in the BCS finals, sure, right. Roadkill anyone?

I disagree.

Not only that but USF would excell in a playoff system.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 15, 2007, 09:29:07 AM

USF doesn't have the talent level of the big time schools - heck no one from the BE does at this point. Their whole ranking was based on beating WVU which is no great shakes. 

This season argues more strongly for a playoff than any season in a long time. Anyone really think OSU is better than USC or LSU? Of course not and if they get into the BCS game, along with USF, it is gonna be criminal.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS released « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools