Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IsWill Allen any good? « previous next »
Page: 1

coopsxx

Starter
: November 14, 2006, 07:28:09 AM

Im finding it hard to judge since Phillips is so bad next to him.

For instance on the Smith play, Allen was subbed for Pearson.

Barber was on smith in zone, Phjillips was on his side and blitzed but after taking two steps he retreated to cover, and Pearson was on the other side and had no chance.

Similar stuff has happened when Allen is in, i.e. in the Saints game.

I am asking because in Ruud and White, we have two solid youngsters set to take the team into the new generation, I cant tell if Allen belongs in there too. (ps. Jenkins made some nice plays for someone who gets very little action)

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 14, 2006, 07:40:24 AM

i think if we had a good saftey back there phillips or allen would play better like when dexter was  was here

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 14, 2006, 07:41:01 AM

He's better than Phillips.  Other than that the jury is out. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 14, 2006, 08:12:31 AM

Allen is mediocre.   Phillips stinks on ice.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#4 : November 14, 2006, 08:56:19 AM

Everytime there is a throw to our defensive back field, I think about the #47 wrecking ball we had roaming out there.  WR & TE have no fear in their patterns.  I really like a big hitting DB out there that makes a receiver think about what is going to hapen to him if he catches the ball.  Usually good for a few dropped balls per game.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 14, 2006, 08:58:10 AM

To think that we got rid of John Lynch so Phillips could get a chance to develop makes me sick.

coopsxx

Starter
#6 : November 14, 2006, 11:13:52 AM

I suepect Pearson blew that assignment on the final Smith catch of the game for a TD. You can see Ronde as he goes into the end zone looking around very frustrated like someone wasn't where they should have been.

nope it was phillps he blitzed, didnt even get to the line, then retreated. Pearson was covering the otherside of the field.

Phillips prob had his best game of the year too but still aint comin back next year, cant believe he dropped that int for a td.

#7 : November 14, 2006, 11:18:55 AM

I suepect Pearson blew that assignment on the final Smith catch of the game for a TD. You can see Ronde as he goes into the end zone looking around very frustrated like someone wasn't where they should have been.

nope it was phillps he blitzed, didnt even get to the line, then retreated. Pearson was covering the otherside of the field.

Phillips prob had his best game of the year too but still aint comin back next year, cant believe he dropped that int for a td.

Yes, I definitely thought it was on Phillips.  Plus, at the end of the play, you see Ronde look back at Phillips, like "WTF, dude?"

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 14, 2006, 01:17:35 PM

Allen is gonna be a good safety.  He's in his second year with his second coach...

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#9 : November 14, 2006, 01:19:01 PM

I think Will allen will be ok, but like said above, he needs good talent around him to succeed

Now phillips...well he just sucks, like when he tipped the ball last night right into keyshawns hands

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IsWill Allen any good? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools