Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Monte to go --> IF <--- he won't (or can't) change « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
: October 14, 2007, 11:24:01 PM

Agree with Chev - the talent level isn't going to magically change; Adams and Peterson might start "getting it" by the second half, but otherwise, the DL is what it is.

Blitzing wouldn't have helped against the Colts (Manning eats those up), and it's really hard to argue with the defensive performance in the prior weeks. That said, dialing up a few more blitzes might have been the call against Collins.

One thing that's been bothering me are the Bucs blitz packages with the linebackers - it seems to me that Brooks' ability (and Quarles to an extent last year) to find his way through the trash on blitzes has been really poor in the last year or so.  It look like he tried to come on a blitz at least once today late and just ended up bouncing around the line of scrimmage. He's not the only guilty party, just the one I've noticed most often.

I'm not a big fan of sending lots of guys - you can give up as many plays as you make. But used at the right time it's an effective weapon; we need to identify the guys that excel at that role and let them go after it. We're getting the worst case scenario too often out there.

BucHawk

Second String

#1 : October 14, 2007, 07:33:20 PM

Two weeks in a row, he called a really terrible game plan on defense and made no adjustments.  There's a book out on how to defeat Kerry Collins.  That book has one page with one word on it.  It says "BLITZ".  Yet everytime we got the Titans backed up 3rd and long, we tried to play coverage and he burned us.

Monte has to realize this is not the 1997 team, nor the 1999 team, or the 2002 team.  There is no Warren Sapp.  There is no Simeon Rice.  They are simply not going to get even occasional pressure from this front 4.  They play the run better than previous Bucs D-lines, but they are just not pass rushers.  We've got talent elsewhere on the D, but that talent doesn't fit the cover-2 anymore.  If he is indeed the Mad Scientist he needs to go to his labratory and figure out a defense that matches the talent.  And if QB pressure is called for, he needs to realize he needs to do something other than rush our front 4 straight up the field.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 14, 2007, 07:34:03 PM

you're rediculous...

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 14, 2007, 07:34:12 PM

who replaces him then??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Formerly known as Revis Islander

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 14, 2007, 07:34:58 PM

YWEGH JUST sign mike martz and him and grooden can combine for uber offense

greatest show on grass!@

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 14, 2007, 07:35:54 PM

oh boy ... I'm at a loss for words on this one.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 14, 2007, 07:36:04 PM

Rivera can replace Monte
He was the Bears D Coordinator last year and the year before

Monte is way too conservative, we might as well let him join the Colts or Raiders

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 14, 2007, 07:37:41 PM

Dave Moore on the Bucs radio network started to question why Monte wasn't sending extra guys after Collins. He said he couldn't understand why Kiffin refused to bring the heat against a guy as immobile as Collins is.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 14, 2007, 07:38:18 PM

look Monte is not adjusting , this is not the old BUCS.  he needs to find other ways switch things up

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 14, 2007, 07:39:55 PM

IMO this lack of pass rush falls squarely on the shoulders of Kiffin. It's his responsiblity to find ways of getting pressure and he's not getting the job done.  Of course, Monte is not on the field but it sure looks as though we need to go to plan B, and fast.  Indy carved us up last week and I thought we could have adjusted our scheme but never did.  IMO Monte needs to come up with ways to get to the QB, wether it's 3-4 on passing downs, but something got to change schemeatically.  We don't have the players so we've got to change our approach.

BucHawk

Second String

#10 : October 14, 2007, 07:40:04 PM

who replaces him then??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Obviously you can't replace a coach mid-season.  Also, there's a big IF in there.  IF Monte can't start matching his system to the players on hand, the Bucs need to find a new D-coordinator next year who can.  Unless we can get two monster all pro d-linement, we just don't have the personel to play that defense.  This defense is still incredibly talented, just everywhere but DL.

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#11 : October 14, 2007, 07:40:13 PM

I can see the point to blitz to give less time,,, but who won the game???? This is a week to week league! Let's be happy OUR team won. It doesn't matter how you win.. Right??? I guess to some they would rather second guess after the fact!!!! Look up satisfaction in the dictionary it will be the only time you know what it is!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 14, 2007, 07:40:31 PM

4 dash 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 14, 2007, 07:40:48 PM

3rd and 10, Collins throws for 14.
3rd and 7, Collins completes for 14 again.
3rd and 10, Collins throws for 12.
3rd and 9, Collins hits one for 42 yards.
3rd and 15, Collins completes for 17 yards.

And that led to the critical TD that tied the game.

#14 : October 14, 2007, 07:42:07 PM

What a moron
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Monte to go --> IF <--- he won't (or can't) change « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools