Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Monte to go --> IF <--- he won't (or can't) change « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#135 : October 15, 2007, 05:51:33 PM

I'll admit, I was puzzled by the lack of blitz attempts after Collins during the tying drive. His escape factor isn't even in the same area code as VY. But had Ronde kept his hand up on that pick instead of trying to protect his gluteus maximus from getting bruised, we're not having this conversation..

I'm just not sure why we're having this conversation period...10 points? 10 points gets use 4 pages of what is wrong with the defense? God, I hope the defense stays that wrong for a long time.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#136 : October 15, 2007, 06:20:52 PM

I'm just not sure why we're having this conversation period...10 points? 10 points gets use 4 pages of what is wrong with the defense? God, I hope the defense stays that wrong for a long time.

I think it's just a knee-jerk reaction to watching the defense allow a tying TD at such a critical time. Frustrates alot of people..

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#137 : October 15, 2007, 06:25:47 PM

Outside of the injuries, the Offense has been great with dealing with Defensive turnovers and good field position. The Defense has definately improved considering making tackles from last year to this year. Who knew Ruud was going to be such a dominant LB.

What kills me is seeing 3rd and fuhhhhhhhhreaking long Defense and we play that bend the O not rush for the sack Defense. I still remember that 4th and 12 yard play where Jake Delhomme got enough on his legs while Q just stood there watching. This seems like the policy for third downs. I dont know if its to help refresh the offense or waste time but you cannot tell me that the 3rd and 4th down defense doesnt disturb any of you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#138 : October 15, 2007, 08:59:30 PM

I think it's just a knee-jerk reaction to watching the defense allow a tying TD at such a critical time. Frustrates alot of people..

Indeed it is.  How many chances did the Bucs get to kill the Titans drives?  MANY.  The third and longs were the most annoying thing about it.  Third and long, and you just KNOW they aren't going to get a stop.  And then for the Titans to score late in the fourth, it was quite frustrating.

Pulling Guard

Second String

#139 : October 16, 2007, 10:43:36 AM

I'll admit, I was puzzled by the lack of blitz attempts after Collins during the tying drive. His escape factor isn't even in the same area code as VY. But had Ronde kept his hand up on that pick instead of trying to protect his gluteus maximus from getting bruised, we're not having this conversation..

A-freaking-men. dal would even probably refer to me as a 'grudenista', because I happen to like our coach, but this is absurd.

I hope the defense is this crappy all year.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#140 : October 16, 2007, 11:28:47 AM

The key thing monte wants to prevent is the long play.  We are in the top couple of teams in that respect. 
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Monte to go --> IF <--- he won't (or can't) change « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools