Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Monte to go --> IF <--- he won't (or can't) change « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 14, 2007, 07:42:45 PM

listen, Detroit will carve us up, monte must change something, if we get into a shoot out with the lions we will be done. we need to run the ball and i think we can run on the lions

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 14, 2007, 07:43:37 PM

Why the hate? People simply are pointing out the obvious. Yes, Bucs won, but what happens when the defense has to win a game. Monte definitely needs to try something different  or get more out of what he's calling. No pass rush today about lost the game.

BucHawk

Second String

#17 : October 14, 2007, 07:43:52 PM

What a moron

Answer this Einstein.  What is the primary component to running the Tampa-2 successfully?  What makes it go?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 14, 2007, 07:44:09 PM

While calling for Montes head would not be wise, there is something missing on defense, and if coaches can change an reinvent the way they do things and things become stagnate then something needs to be done.

For the Bucs after  six games to be one of the worse defenses on third downs and add in the fact that the pass rush is not there, something needs to change weather Monte decides to blitz, but standing pat in the NFL will not let you keep your job long.

#19 : October 14, 2007, 07:47:09 PM

It's very simple. Like Coach Ditka once said, it doesn't matter who is playing CB if the QB is on his azz. Well on the flip side, it doesn't matter who is playing QB if the pass rush never gets to him. Cant blame Kiffin. Blitzing doesnt ensure sacks but it does make you vulnerable in coverage, and when youve given up 3 points all game all the while Vince Young is completing almost every pass he throws I dont see why you would want to get away from that when Collins comes in.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 14, 2007, 07:47:24 PM

Monte doesn't need to go, but he does need to do something about the problems on his defense. He's a good coach, but not being flexible will really hurt you.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 14, 2007, 07:48:00 PM

Cant blame Kiffin.

Just curious...why not?

BucHawk

Second String

#22 : October 14, 2007, 07:49:16 PM

I modified the topic header to highlight   *** IF ***.   I'm not calling for his head.  I'm calling for him to realize that he needs to adjust his defense to match his talent.  And if he can't or won't, then he would need to go.

#23 : October 14, 2007, 07:52:20 PM

BucHawk, get your head out of your butt. Weve given up less than 15 points per game all year. Yet, we only have 8 sacks through 6 games. And you want to fire Kiffin. Maybe you should sit back and learn a feww things before you post again

Someone should suggest firing Muir, but instead we want to fire the guy who has this defense in top 5 of the league in points and yards against. Brilliant!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 14, 2007, 07:53:37 PM

We might get blown out vs Detroit

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BucHawk

Second String

#25 : October 14, 2007, 07:54:57 PM

BucHawk, get your head out of your butt. Weve given up less than 15 points per game all year. Yet, we only have 8 sacks through 6 games. And you want to fire Kiffin. Maybe you should sit back and learn a feww things before you post again

Someone should suggest firing Muir, but instead we want to fire the guy who has this defense in top 5 of the league in points and yards against. Brilliant!

While I struggle to get my head out of my butt, are you going to answer my question?  What makes the Tampa-2 effective? 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 14, 2007, 07:59:39 PM

We might get blown out vs Detroit

agreed

#27 : October 14, 2007, 08:08:09 PM

While I struggle to get my head out of my butt, are you going to answer my question?  What makes the Tampa-2 effective? 

That is a dumb question. OBVIOUSLY, the Tampa 2 is very effective right now because we arent giving up any points.

It is also OBVIOUS, that a pass rush from the front 4 is typically very important to the Tampa 2.

So my friend, will you please explain to me why we should stop doing the things that have made us 8th in the NFL in passing yards againt and 8th in the NFL in points against?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 14, 2007, 08:11:15 PM

Many are coming hard at BucHawk. He is a "rookie" on this board.

DTG has basically said the same thing but without the "He must go," part.

So why aren't any of you coming hard at DTG? He is respected (by many) immensely
on this board and is making some great points, along with BucHawk. So debate
HIM too and address him too if you're going to disagree with the idea that the
Monte needs to adjust and do it soon.

I'm not one that likes to get into this kind if talk so soon after a win. I like to
enjoy it for a day or two. But good points have been made and nobody has come
back with anything of substance with regard to our D problems and Monte's
inflexibility. DTG's post with those 3rd down stats really caught my attention.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 14, 2007, 08:14:40 PM

The win is great. It is great to be 4-2. But there's also nothing wrong with talking about what needs to improve. The improvements necessary on offense get talked about here, over and over again. The issues on defense don't get discussed nearly as much.

You can believe me: the Bucs themselves are talking about allowing too many 3rd down conversions.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Monte to go --> IF <--- he won't (or can't) change « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools