Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You can't bash the running game yesturday... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: October 15, 2007, 10:08:42 AM

Tennessee is #1 in the NFL in rushing defense, and they only allow an average of 63.8 yards a game on the ground.

If you expected our 3rd string RB to tear it open, you are dreaming.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 15, 2007, 10:17:15 AM

Exactly correct. Earnest Graham was the third string RB for a reason.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 15, 2007, 10:19:22 AM

Apparently you don't know Tampa fans very well if you think that's the case.

:p

MarineBuc

Starter

#3 : October 15, 2007, 10:21:43 AM

:p
True...even though we are 4-2 you would think that we are 2-4.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 15, 2007, 10:22:23 AM

True. The Bucs scored 13 points on a team that allows only 14 per game, and did it without their starting LOT, their 1st string RB, their 2nd string RB, and their 1st string TE.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#5 : October 15, 2007, 10:30:06 AM

so we ended with 30 yds rushing. less than half of what they are averaging.

i don't bash the running game. i just think we need help. but i don't think a RB is the only fix. i don't care if we had LadTom back there yesterday -- there weren't many running lanes. thats on the OL.

so the improvement for our run game has to come from the trenchmen ...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 15, 2007, 10:55:40 AM

so we ended with 30 yds rushing. less than half of what they are averaging.

i don't bash the running game. i just think we need help. but i don't think a RB is the only fix. i don't care if we had LadTom back there yesterday -- there weren't many running lanes. thats on the OL.

so the improvement for our run game has to come from the trenchmen ...

Now now, remember, nothing is wrong with this offense - ignore the same thing happening versus IND as well.  Don't ask about the 25th ranked offense.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 15, 2007, 10:58:22 AM

Now now, remember, nothing is wrong with this offense

Nothing is wrong with this offense? I think you're mistaken. They're without their starting LOT, starting RB, second RB, and starting TE.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 15, 2007, 11:01:44 AM

Nothing is wrong with this offense? I think you're mistaken. They're without their starting LOT, starting RB, second RB, and starting TE.

Good to know, because it was 22nd before those guys went down.  That's right. Don't worry, no matter what happens Johnny will always love you dude. You don't have to keep proving it.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 15, 2007, 11:03:14 AM

That's no excuse DTG. Even with their starters they weren't lighting it up. Check the stats. Caddy's biggest day this season was 61 yards rushing. Pittman was 75. Smiths biggest day was 45 yards receiving or 2 short TDs whichever you prefer to look at. All of that with our starting LOT in there. We weren't lighting it up with those guys. We need a RB who can make plays and don't kid yourself, guys like LT would have made something happen yesterday. By the way, they were 3rd against the run before they played us.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 15, 2007, 11:03:34 AM

Good to know

Everyone who knows football knew that already. You should consider following the Bucs. Did you know they were 4-2 this season?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 15, 2007, 11:08:45 AM

He knows. And he's pissed!

Hey, our O needs a few more play makers next year. Nothing that we didn't already
know. Gru and Garcia have done well with what we have.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 15, 2007, 11:26:06 AM

I am not overly concerned about the Titans game.  I knew they would hammer the BUcs run game. 

But versus Detroit (and Shaun ROgers...shudder), they need to get something going.  The Bucs need to either sign another running back, or make miracles happen.

Because if the Bucs have to keep going into the game losing the TOP battle, the defense is going to be wore out in the late third...running the ball at least well enough to keep the chains moving at least a few times is critical, in just that respect alone.

Got to let the defense breath a lil bit.

And for those who thought Crockett would make and appearance blocking for ASkew, that is not going to happen fellas...

And if it does, the game is OVER.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 15, 2007, 11:27:43 AM

I think the Bucs are great. 4-2 baby.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 15, 2007, 12:28:36 PM

Bruce pleasssseee make that trade.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You can't bash the running game yesturday... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools